White Lotus - HBO

Harrison Bergeron

That was Uncle Rico with Quentin in the picture Tanya picked up, right? Could there be an infidelity clause in the prenup that they're trying to get her to violate? I also assume that Jack taking Portia away for the day and then getting too drunk to drive home was part of Quentin's plan.

That was him.

Minor thing that always bugs me…

Are we ever going to see a TV show or movie where someone actually goes to sleep with the lights off?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was Uncle Rico with Quentin in the picture Tanya picked up, right? Could there be an infidelity clause in the prenup that they're trying to get her to violate? I also assume that Jack taking Portia away for the day and then getting too drunk to drive home was part of Quentin's plan.

I suspect the prenup is invalid in the event of her death, like if she does a bunch of coke and falls off the deck of the yacht.

They definitely paid Jack to distract Portia for the day/night so they would have Tanya isolated.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I don’t think they plan to kill her. It’s more entrapment, with audio and video of her cheating to claim the prenup. 

As someone who writes prenups, they don’t usually protect the non-monied spouse, even with infidelity clauses. 

Dying, however, usually means the non-monied spouse inherits.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, hornian said:

I don't actually think Tanya is going to die. I think they may try to off her. But I think it's much more likely Portia is the one who winds up dead. 

i don't think tanya dies, either. somehow i think portia will save her and tanya will realize another person actually cares for her, and that's that.

i also think harper knows ethan didn't cheat by the way he was talking to the two prostitutes in the lobby. she's insanely insecure about their relationship and is now just using cameron to make ethan jealous to rekindle things a bit.

i really liked how they did the scene were Ethan was later imagining what was going on in the room with Harper and Cameron.

i not all in on this con being run by the Italians - seems pretty convoluted with way too many moving parts to ever really work in reality.

Am i only the one thinking that Lucia is being sincere with Albie? She said some pretty nice things to him in Italian on the beach that, you know, he wouldnt have understood. no reason for her to say those things if she was running some scam on him.

i really liked how they did the scene were Ethan was later imagining what was going on in the room with Harper and Cameron.
i not all in on this con being run by the Italians - seems pretty convoluted with way too many moving parts to ever really work in reality.
Am i only the one thinking that Lucia is being sincere with Albie? She said some pretty nice things to him in Italian on the beach that, you know, he wouldnt have understood. no reason for her to say those things if she was running some scam on him.

You’re falling for the honeypot as well. Think she’s improvising. They’re doing what they need to to survive. Gave no fucks about poisoning the piano player. remember the grandfather talking about women being just like men
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

You’re falling for the honeypot as well. Think she’s improvising. They’re doing what they need to to survive. Gave no fucks about poisoning the piano player. remember the grandfather talking about women being just like men

Mia poisoned the piano player, not Lucia. Although she did use Lucia's stash to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

So, I've always though the guy "chasing" Lucia was a scam ... but that EP made me actually reconsider. 

But right before they get in the car she goes and talks to the bellhop or valet or whomever and I think she tells him where they are going. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I feel like once this situation with Tanya and Greg runs its course, then both characters have served their usefulness. Keeping Tanya around in season 3 would start to get tiresome, especially if she is the only character to keep showing up.

So from that standpoint, I wouldn’t mind her dying to close out her story arc.

Then they could pick Harper or someone else to move forward in season 3.

i also think harper knows ethan didn't cheat by the way he was talking to the two prostitutes in the lobby. she's insanely insecure about their relationship and is now just using cameron to make ethan jealous to rekindle things a bit.

I agree that Harper believes that, but she’s mad at Ethan because he expresses no interest in her.

Ethan flat out sucks. He’s terrible at communicating with Harper and everyone else. She told him she doesn’t think he’s attracted to her anymore and he did nothing to reassure her, only eventually giving out an obligatory “I love you” without the slightest bit of affection or intimacy. She’s begging for affection or reassurance and he doesn’t know how to give it.

She’s beyond caring if he cheated on her or not. She’s decided that if he won’t fight for her, she’ll do her own thing and maybe stir up a little jealousy in the process to get back at him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

We watched the sixth episode last night. Man, this season is so damn well done. There is a lot to tie together in one final hour. I'm looking forward to it.

Yea it better be an extended episode.  Even the trailer for the finale looked like it was a trailer for the second half of a season lol.

Greg/Palermo stuff is weird....everyone conning people in this season.

I think Tanya survives...she seems to be aware some shady shit is going on now. She is smarter than she looks... 

Ethan really needs to chill out, even Cam seems legit lost/innocent at what he is accusing him of.  Harper is obviously just toying with his mind like Daphne told her she does with Cam.  Why text you "hey I went to the room" just so you can come up and catch her cheating? It's staged, buddy.  Now go cut your gah damn hair already. Really can't stand the actor/character...

I love you, Mia.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, CooterBrown said:

With Ethan really going off the mental cliff this episode, I could see him killing Cameron and possibly Harper.

So I rewatched the opening scene and Daphne is alone at the beach and says they are leaving in a few hours.  

I think she would have reacted different had she recognized the floating body.  All we see is the lower back half of the leg.  Doubt the deaths are Cam/Harper.  Ethan really needs to come off this mental cliff soon, overreacting a bit.

Rocco did say to Valentina that "a few guests have been killed".  So definitely hotel members...not any Palermo dudes.  

I am thinking Albie is one.  Lot of people reference the Godfather theme throughout.

Greg saying I love you to Quentin on the phone awhile back...and Greg being the American cowboy that got away....wild lol.  Maybe Greg also dies.

15 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

So I rewatched the opening scene and Daphne is alone at the beach and says they are leaving in a few hours.  

I think she would have reacted different had she recognized the floating body.  All we see is the lower back half of the leg.  Doubt the deaths are Cam/Harper.  Ethan really needs to come off this mental cliff soon, overreacting a bit.

Rocco did say to Valentina that "a few guests have been killed".  So definitely hotel members...not any Palermo dudes.  

I am thinking Albie is one.  Lot of people reference the Godfather theme throughout.

Greg saying I love you to Quentin on the phone awhile back...and Greg being the American cowboy that got away....wild lol.  Maybe Greg also dies.

Or F Murray Abraham. He seemed so dejected about the awful reunion with what they thought was family. His wife is gone. Maybe he jumps off the cliff or something.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The pimp could kill whoever he thinks owes Lucia money…Albie, Ethan, and Cam.

2 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

that pimp isn't really a pimp tho is he? He's in on whatever scam lucia is pulling?

Yeah I don’t think he’s really a pimp. 

Plus, even if he is a real pimp, killing a john (even a deadbeat one) is bad for business.

Edited by hornian

I started the series a week or two ago and am caught up. I am in the minority here in thinking Lucia is hotter than Mia. And this is probably a stupid thing to say, with all the Italian spoken, how is that language different than Spanish...it seems so similar. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Ethan is on the spectrum.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:52 PM, wild_turkey said:

Ethan flat out sucks. He’s terrible at communicating with Harper and everyone else. She told him she doesn’t think he’s attracted to her anymore and he did nothing to reassure her, only eventually giving out an obligatory “I love you” without the slightest bit of affection or intimacy. She’s begging for affection or reassurance and he doesn’t know how to give it.

Don't disagree that Ethan sucks. but Harper is a flat out cunt.  I wouldn't live with her unless she had Ethan's money.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I started the series a week or two ago and am caught up. I am in the minority here in thinking Lucia is hotter than Mia. And this is probably a stupid thing to say, with all the Italian spoken, how is that language different than Spanish...it seems so similar. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Ethan is on the spectrum.

I took Italian for my language credit in college, and one semester these two Mexican exchange students took the class. It took them no time at all to become fluent. All the interrogatives, for example, sound the same in Spanish and Italian; they're just spelled differently. Italian does plurals differently, too, but if you're fluent in one you can pick up the other really easily.

4 minutes ago, austingirl said:

I took Italian for my language credit in college, and one semester these two Mexican exchange students took the class. It took them no time at all to become fluent. All the interrogatives, for example, sound the same in Spanish and Italian; they're just spelled differently. Italian does plurals differently, too, but if you're fluent in one you can pick up the other really easily.

Man, I cant even learn UK English. Need subtitles for that shit. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, qwertyu1234 said:

It’s almost like Spanish/Italian/Portuguese are all based on a common root language. Maybe one like Latin (you know, from Rome). Going further; maybe that’s why Central and South America is called Latin America and the people living there are called “Latino”. 

• Haha 1

I don’t think you’re in the minority there. Lucia blows Mia out of the water.
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 12/5/2022 at 1:52 PM, wild_turkey said:

I agree that Harper believes that, but she’s mad at Ethan because he expresses no interest in her.

She’s beyond caring if he cheated on her or not. She’s decided that if he won’t fight for her, she’ll do her own thing and maybe stir up a little jealousy in the process to get back at him.

pretty sure this is who ethan has always been.

Yea it better be an extended episode.  Even the trailer for the finale looked like it was a trailer for the second half of a season lol.
Greg/Palermo stuff is weird....everyone conning people in this season.
I think Tanya survives...she seems to be aware some shady shit is going on now. She is smarter than she looks... 
Ethan really needs to chill out, even Cam seems legit lost/innocent at what he is accusing him of.  Harper is obviously just toying with his mind like Daphne told her she does with Cam.  Why text you "hey I went to the room" just so you can come up and catch her cheating? It's staged, buddy.  Now go cut your gah damn hair already. Really can't stand the actor/character...
I love you, Mia.

I must have blinked as I missed that Harper texted Ethan that she was going to the room. Though the unlocked door was a bit suspicious.

3 hours ago, qwertyu1234 said:

Both are hotties. Mia just has more unique features...not your standard brown eyed brunette. 

I went to Italy years ago. Forgot my gah damn pocket translator. But I got by on the little Spanish that I do know because some words were similar. 

56 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Both are hotties. Mia just has more unique features...not your standard brown eyed brunette. 

I went to Italy years ago. Forgot my gah damn pocket translator. But I got by on the little Spanish that I do know because some words were similar. 

Lucia's fantastic body puts her over the top IMO