White Lotus - HBO

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

What a great show/ending.  Totally unexpected with Tanya shooting rampage.

Also, that was Alessio, the "pimp" working at a hotel at the end when Mia/Lucia were walking away, right?  

You should have known she was going to blast those fools when Chekhov - er Niccolo - showed her where he kept his gun during the party, then made a show of putting the bag down when he arrived on the boat. I did lol at the “bonk” when she jumped/fell off the boat. Did we ever see her body? I have a feeling she’s going to be like a bad penny

33 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You should have known she was going to blast those fools when Chekhov - er Niccolo - showed her where he kept his gun during the party, then made a show of putting the bag down when he arrived on the boat. I did lol at the “bonk” when she jumped/fell off the boat. Did we ever see her body? I have a feeling she’s going to be like a bad penny

Bro, her body was literally THE body. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yes, Daphne's scene where Ethan told her he thought something happened with Cam and Ethan was great. She got this weird look across her face and then she looked away, kind of shook her head and moved on to invite Ethan to come with her on their possible rendezvous. And then the dinner where they acted like nothing was amiss was just perfect. I loved everything about this season.

https://twitter.com/SpencerAlthouse/status/1602146372140281858?s=20&t=o_vI9INYDmUzU2ONGLZk8w

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Did you even watch the end of the show?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

She didnt really murder them did she? She foiled a kidnapping / murder plot and did what she had to to escape. Now if the authorities saw exactly how she did it, it might be murdery and/or manslaughtery. And she probably could have murdered the Italian captain who probably didnt know what the fuck was going on

She didn’t murder them for sure. Although who knows how corrupt the local police are with the mafia role in this. White was going to kill her off from the beginning based on his comments post show, going back to her lines in S1. It was so Tonya. Miraculously killed her murderers, then dies a total derp.
  • Like 1

She didn’t murder them for sure. Although who knows how corrupt the local police are with the mafia role in this. White was going to kill her off from the beginning based on his comments post show, going back to her lines in S1. It was so Tonya. Miraculously killed her murderers, then dies a total derp.

Heiress with a half bill would not see a courtroom. Might be some hairy moments early on before she could lawyer up and then bribe officials. Would’ve been entertaining having her attempt to share her version of events to Sicilian police.

Tonya’s character was a beating, but she crushed it in the final several episodes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Heiress with a half bill would not see a courtroom. Might be some hairy moments early on before she could lawyer up and then bribe officials. Would’ve been entertaining having her attempt to share her version of events to Sicilian police.

“So you consumed a large amount of alcohol and cocaine the last couple days with these kind gay gentlemen who took you on their yacht and to their chateau, committed adultery with a young man from a prominent local family, then became paranoid and shot them all?”

40 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

“So you consumed a large amount of alcohol and cocaine the last couple days with these kind gay gentlemen who took you on their yacht and to their chateau, committed adultery with a young man from a prominent local family, then became paranoid and shot them all?”

Hm I don’t remember, but what’s this, 20 million euros? All for you

• Haha 3

Let's see how my predictions in this thread worked out: 

On 11/27/2022 at 11:04 PM, hornian said:

I don’t think it’s the same villa. The Girls were in Noto, the gay villa is in Palermo. 

There’s definitely a grift going on aimed at Tanya by the gay guys. Pretty sure the gay guys are the ones that either die or lead to the deaths from the opening scene (they were on a boat/coming back in 2 nights/there’s two episodes left). 

My wife showed me a theory on Reddit that saif Greg (Tanya’s husband) was the cowboy from Wyoming, and the gay guy is helping him now by offing Tanya so that Greg will inherit from her (I guess they assume the prenup doesn’t say he get nothing if she dies?). Goes kind of hand-in-glove with the gypsy fortune teller who apparently read Tanya’s fortune to say that she would commit suicide (and Tanya wondered aloud earlier if anyone had jumped from the hotel’s cliffs). 

Alright, called this one pretty well.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:59 PM, hornian said:

My money is on Portia committing suicide. After all, she is named after a character in Julius Ceasar that kills herself (Portia, Brutus’s wife). 

There’s so much suicide additional foreshadowing (including the name of Portia):

The gypsy fortune teller saying a crazy lady is going to cause suicide.

Tanya wondering if anyone has ever jumped from the cliffs of the hotel.

The story about the old woman on that island that Quentin told Tanya about who was found dead at the bottom of the rocks.

Madame Butterfly being about suicide.

I’m sure there’s more I’m not thinking of. 

I'll give this a C+ - wrong character, but lots of forshadowing that ultimately was about Tanya.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:44 PM, hornian said:

As someone who writes prenups, they don’t usually protect the non-monied spouse, even with infidelity clauses. 

Dying, however, usually means the non-monied spouse inherits.

Nailed it.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, hornian said:

I don't actually think Tanya is going to die. I think they may try to off her. But I think it's much more likely Portia is the one who winds up dead. 

100% Wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

Somehow the visuals/cinematography and music from this Season was better than the last. People talk about courageous acting and I roll my eyes, but I have to say Jennifer Coolidge was it in this series. Batshit crazy and cringe, but you couldn't take your eyes off her. 

• Like 1

i streamed both seasons over the past week and a half and loved it.  i thought season two was better than season one, but season one had the more memorable characters (Armond, Shane, Steve Zahn's character, hot ass Alex Daddario).  absolutely love the concept of spending a week with a bunch of (mostly) unlikeable rich assholes at a 5 star resort in luxurious locations.  can't wait to see what they decide to do for season 3.

Somehow the visuals/cinematography and music from this Season was better than the last. People talk about courageous acting and I roll my eyes, but I have to say Jennifer Coolidge was it in this series. Batshit crazy and cringe, but you couldn't take your eyes off her. 

Agreed. I liked the Italian backdrop better than Hawaii.

21 hours ago, naija said:

I think a big part of it was that season 1 was filmed with much stricter Covid protocols.  That's probably the reason they never really left the Hotel other than on a boat.  They also didn't insist on having perpetual sunrise/sunset in season 2.  That was my biggest complaint about season 1.  Why was the sun always rising or setting?  It was distracting.

Edited by kevwun

Ok, so I'm down to the last episode in Season 2. I can't stop watching, but there's no real plot or problem to solve. It's just drama among people and then you have this entire foreboding feeling about EVERYONE. Really interesting.

Again, haven't watched the finale but I liked Season 1's "lighter" feeling better. This one feels heavier. 

Good god, could the show itself be more beautiful? The hotel, the coastline, the people. It's all gorgeous.

• Hook 'Em 1

This past summer I stayed right where this was filmed and ate dinner one night at the Four Seasons which is frequently seen in the show.  Our Vrbo overlooked the Isola Bella island, so it was really interesting for me.  I kept trying to find where we stayed in the long shots, but never saw it.  /csb

Edited by Biff Tannen

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

It's like y'all aren't even taking my Ramada in Shreveport idea seriously. It's a few groups from Lubbock, Toledo, and Wichita in town for an auto parts convention. 

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You see, there's a pool at the Shreveport Ramada, out by the parking lot and the interstate. But it's been under repair now for a few years so there's no water in it. Most of the action takes place by the second floor vending machine. Next to the janitor's closet. 

not gonna lie - this isn't a horrible premise for a scripted tv show.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

You see, there's a pool at the Shreveport Ramada, out by the parking lot and the interstate. But it's been under repair now for a few years so there's no water in it. Most of the action takes place by the second floor vending machine. Next to the janitor's closet. 

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

not gonna lie - this isn't a horrible premise for a scripted tv show.

I want in and a producer credit 

21 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Again, haven't watched the finale but I liked Season 1's "lighter" feeling better. This one feels heavier. 

I thought that the characters and their assorted problems had a much sadder, bleaker undercurrent this season than in S1. Maybe I've simply forgotten it, but I don't remember wondering "will this character kill themselves out of a sense of quiet, desperate futility?" nearly as often during S1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I thought that the characters and their assorted problems had a much sadder, bleaker undercurrent this season than in S1. Maybe I've simply forgotten it, but I don't remember wondering "will this character kill themselves out of a sense of quiet, desperate futility?" nearly as often during S1. 

Exactly. The mom/dad in Season 1 were funny and likeable, the dude on his honeymoon played the asshole, but it had a lot of humor. The hotel manager was a riot. 

Season 2 everyone seemed to have much heavier burdens. Again, loved it and can't wait for Season 3, but I liked that lighter feeling.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Ok, so I'm down to the last episode in Season 2. I can't stop watching, but there's no real plot or problem to solve. It's just drama among people and then you have this entire foreboding feeling about EVERYONE. Really interesting.

Good god, could the show itself be more beautiful? The hotel, the coastline, the people. It's all gorgeous.

The music was just perfect and beautiful as well. 

finally gettin around to this.

on season 1 epi 4.

i be laughing more than i expected. - i love steve zahn. haha.

the two young adult chicks are hot.

daddario seems... just above average, i think she slimmed up?? boobies dont look as big as they did a few years past.. still hot as fuk, just not hot hot.

coaches wife- still got it.. i missed her.

bruh, my fav character gotta be the resort manager -  that dude literally knows what to say and how to say it at every moment.

im regarded, daddario is hella fine. im just dumb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

bruh, my fav character gotta be the resort manager -  that dude literally knows what to say and how to say it at every moment.

oh shyt, just realzied he's also the dude on new hulu show - chippendales - hes the dance teacher..

haha, this dude is great

image.thumb.png.66dedd198f22f1e0fb685e5610b534e0.png

Edited by kingkoopa6

yo yo, just finished season 1. damn Armond was on one! love that guy. I died when the door opened and he was face deep..haha

daddario was a cryin machine at the end there. 

Can someone let me know what pages of this thread are dedicated to season 1- not trying to see anything for season 2 yet but would love to read yalls thoughts on S1