White Lotus - HBO

Harrison Bergeron

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Greg won’t get shit.

Did Ethan fuck Cam’s wife? I missed a few minutes after they walked over to the hill.

Why won't Greg get shit? They didn't go into specifics but it sounded like he'd get something if she died.

They weren't clear on what happened with Ethan and Daphne.

Is Greg having an affair?

If he could talk he’d finally say, “Probably you stupid cunt but he also paid to have you killed!”

Portia is wise to leave Sicily, but would be dumb to not immediately lawyer up in the states and contact FBI. She’d be the first suspect in the Dateline episode.

I laughed so hard at Tanya's swan dive into the boat railing

What made the scene was the ba-doink made as her melon hit the rail.

Lots of answers/non answers in the comments by mike white after the show. He wanted her to have a triumph in killing all the bad guys and then die in a derpy way. He also left it to speculation whether Daphne and Ethan did anything or not.

I liked that Lucia pulled the con and Mia got her gig.

White wrapped it up very neatly. Most of the crises averted. And the deaths we speculated about came from left field. Excellent.

Tonya, you dumb idiot. 

Room temperature IQ? I did feel sorry for her.

Portia, for her part, was frozen in fear. It was probably not wise to go with Jack in the car. But she did not want to know how violent he could get. At the end of the day, she could connect Greg for the attempted murder.

Gonna have to rewatch this one

Portia, for her part, was frozen in fear. It was probably not wise to go with Jack in the car.

There were major alarm bells going off for her all morning - missing phone, finding out Tanya had already left, Jack’s strange behavior, etc.

Once her phone call with Tanya was abruptly ended by Jack snatching the phone back, she should’ve been running towards a crowded area and looking for a police officer.

I couldn’t believe Portia continued to hang with Jack through all of it. She knew he stole her phone. That should have been the big red flag. The hotel was likely the safest place that morning to find an English speaker that could have called the cops. Paralysis. That scene where he blew up and then he stopped at the airport; I thought he was going to whack her.

I have to rewatch the Tonya - Portia call as I’m not sure everything went thru. I’m not sure if she implicated Greg or got interrupted. Still Greg will see her as a loose end.

That was good shooting by Tonya with an unfamiliar weapon but it was cool. I loved the gunshots then unseen thuds.

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Did Ethan fuck Cam’s wife? I missed a few minutes after they walked over to the hill.

she fixed ethan. that’s all we really need to know. their stupid jealousy shit worked and now they’re happy. 

still seems weird even as a couple trip that they were together for every single meal/activity. 

the scene where Ethan reveals to Daphne that he think Cam and Harper had sex - the acting was so good by the actress.

a first she seemed hurt, then there was like this acceptance and resolve - you could see it all on her face before she spoke.

- and then that last dinner with the 4. How Cam and Daphne can just compartmentalize realities and just put them out of their head and move forward. "Hey, Let's just not acknowledge the fact that we had a violent confrontation a few hours ago - much easier". "Why rock the apple cart discussing infidelities, you know?"

Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I couldn’t believe Portia continued to hang with Jack through all of it. She knew he stole her phone. That should have been the big red flag. The hotel was likely the safest place that morning to find an English speaker that could have called the cops. Paralysis. That scene where he blew up and then he stopped at the airport; I thought he was going to whack her.

I have to rewatch the Tonya - Portia call as I’m not sure everything went thru. I’m not sure if she implicated Greg or got interrupted. Still Greg will see her as a loose end.

That was good shooting by Tonya with an unfamiliar weapon but it was cool. I loved the gunshots then unseen thuds.

There’s a brilliant scene in Girl with Dragon Tattoo where the main villain describes how easy it is to lure victims into situations even when they sense danger because they dont want to be rude or have an awkward situation so they just along along with the possibility they’ll be murdered.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yeah, when they first got in the car and she started confronting him I was thinking maybe you should've done this before you'd gotten in. That whole series of scenes involving Tanya and Portia were making me squirm -- so fucking tense. Methodical to the point of almost being slow but ever-so-slightly ramping up the tension until the shootout and ensuing header over the rail. (Did the captain bail off the boat too? The scene of the remaining surviving "gay" sprinting and jumping off the back of the boat was hysterical.

Yes, Daphne's scene where Ethan told her he thought something happened with Cam and Ethan was great. She got this weird look across her face and then she looked away, kind of shook her head and moved on to invite Ethan to come with her on their possible rendezvous. And then the dinner where they acted like nothing was amiss was just perfect. I loved everything about this season.

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

There’s a brilliant scene in Girl with Dragon Tattoo where the main villain describes how easy it is to lure victims into situations even when they sense danger because they dont want to be rude or have an awkward situation so they just along along with the possibility they’ll be murdered.

That scene made me rethink my interactions with people in general, not just those that seem murdery.

• Like 1

Yeah, when they first got in the car and she started confronting him I was thinking maybe you should've done this before you'd gotten in. That whole series of scenes involving Tanya and Portia were making me squirm -- so fucking tense. Methodical to the point of almost being slow but ever-so-slightly ramping up the tension until the shootout and ensuing header over the rail. (Did the captain bail off the boat too? The scene of the remaining surviving "gay" sprinting and jumping off the back of the boat was hysterical.
Yes, Daphne's scene where Ethan told her he thought something happened with Cam and Ethan was great. She got this weird look across her face and then she looked away, kind of shook her head and moved on to invite Ethan to come with her on their possible rendezvous. And then the dinner where they acted like nothing was amiss was just perfect. I loved everything about this season.

I felt guilty laughing at how the guy was running to get off the boat…had me in stitches!!!

The series of reactions by Daphne there was amazing acting. Just the range of emotions displayed on her face in such short period of time. Do folks like that really exist?
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

So much is intentionally vague, but I got the feeling that was the original plan. 

Vagueness is a difficult line to play near in a story. This creative group played it brilliantly.

In some ways it doesn't matter if the Aubrey Holland couple both had sex with the other couple or not. They both flirted with the idea and went so far as to kiss someone other than their mate. That may have been enough to scare them out of complacency about the bland, passionless routine of their life together. They were  both aroused for the first time in a long time.

I'm glad the Sicilian girls and/or Portia did not end up being the drowned/dead parties. 

Tanya asking the dying host if Greg was having an affair was a triumph of writing and acting.

For me, Valentina was the most attractive woman on the show from her first appearance.

Love this show and bummed that it's over. 

I really liked the ending airport season with the 3 generations of the Di Grasso men checking out the pretty lady.  All three linked by their "Achilles Cock."  Albie didn't seem upset by being played you've got to imagine he turns out similar to the other men in his family.

6 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

Love this show and bummed that it's over. 

I really liked the ending airport season with the 3 generations of the Di Grasso men checking out the pretty lady.  All three linked by their "Achilles Cock."  Albie didn't seem upset by being played you've got to imagine he turns out similar to the other men in his family.

Of course Albie wasn't that upset.  It wasn't his money that he pissed away.

• Haha 1

The Sicilian girls essentially honeypotted the audience with their looks and charm.

Mia poisoned the piano player, sexed up the hotel manager and stole his job.

Lucia is a pro, organized a confidence conspiracy and blackmail scheme where she suckered a college kid out of his pop’s $50k.

What you’re seeing are career criminals. And they were the most likable characters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

probably the hardest i have laughed in a long ass time was when tanya was pleading to the no english speaking boat captain...

"THESE GAYS ARE GOING TO MURDER ME FOR MY HUSBAND SO HE CAN INHERIT MY MONEY, HE'S GONNA PAY THEM WITH MY MONEY SO THEY CAN USE IT TO DECORATE THEIR HOUSE OR SOME SHIT!!!!"

someone needs to make a gif of that...it was perfectly delivered and hilarious.

edit: here is the actual line:

"I know it sounds crazy, but my husband, he knows Quentin. See, he brought me to Sicily and then he left, so he could have an alibi. And then these gays, they take me off to Palermo and then they set me up with this guy who's in the mafia and he's coming here I-- I think to try to throw me off the boat. They're going to do Greg's dirty work for him because he's gonna pay them with my money so they can decorate their houses or some shit."

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

What a great show/ending.  Totally unexpected with Tanya shooting rampage.

Also, that was Alessio, the "pimp" working at a hotel at the end when Mia/Lucia were walking away, right?  

yes.  fake pimp she used to scam the di grasso men.

18 hours ago, WBT said:

I laughed so hard at Tanya's swan dive into the boat railing

lol same. 
Soon as she shot everyone I knew she would die somehow.  She wasn't going to be able to get away with those murders. 

When she looked at the boat I called it..she is about to knock herself out if she decides to jump in. No way was she athletic enough to make that jump clean. Idiot. It's not a raft that will move if you hit it. Go swim to it. 

11 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

When she looked at the boat I called it..she is about to knock herself out if she decides to jump in. No way was she athletic enough to make that jump clean. Idiot. It's not a raft that will move if you hit it. Go swim to it. 

Can she swim? I was wondering why she didn't just swim to shore. It wasn't very far. 

lol same. 
Soon as she shot everyone I knew she would die somehow.  She wasn't going to be able to get away with those murders. 

She didnt really murder them did she? She foiled a kidnapping / murder plot and did what she had to to escape. Now if the authorities saw exactly how she did it, it might be murdery and/or manslaughtery. And she probably could have murdered the Italian captain who probably didnt know what the fuck was going on

there was nothing special about this group and nothing interesting really happened - until the shooting/drowning. 

the locals (hotel workers/hooks) deal with shit like this every week.  it's like spring break.  a new group comes in on saturday, they have their adventures and are the stars of their own stories, then on the following saturday, they are replaced by a new group. 

the hotel employees/manager see it over and over again.  lucia probably scams guests at the lotus and other hotels every week.  that's why they showed them back on the street doing their normal thing.  this was just another saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

She didnt really murder them did she? She foiled a kidnapping / murder plot and did what she had to to escape. Now if the authorities saw exactly how she did it, it might be murdery and/or manslaughtery. And she probably could have murdered the Italian captain who probably didnt know what the fuck was going on

Yea you know what I mean. She was in deep shit in foreign country. Self defense or whatever they classify it as.

Best line from her to the Captain "Hey do you know these gays?"  I was rolling lol

• Like 1