Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Pretty sure he's talking about Longview, WA but the sentiment still stands.

And Longview is just across the river from Portland, so I cannot imagine why anyone would pay $2K to fly from Methford to Longview because it's only about a 5 hour drive.

10 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

He is, Longview aka East Texas Regional only flies to DFW and back. If you ever have the misfortune of flying out of there take the first morning flight of the day as it’s likely the only one that will not be delayed.

Nope.  Incident was at DFW.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10619435/Moment-raging-passenger-Tasered-Dallas-airport.html

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, Kennythetiger said:

*Liable. And would require a civil suit. I’m too lazy for that.  Tazing and airplane jail is quicker, cheaper, and satisfies instant gratification. 

Everyone on the plane gets one tase (and one tase only)

ShinyWickedEstuarinecrocodile-max-1mb.gif.f804c4456b3f3d71afbdee859270a32b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, crash_davis said:

53 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Nipped this one in the bud, imo.

Second one I'm willing to write off as rookie pain meds/alcohol balancing act. But in both cases it demonstrates how poor our mental health system is and how cheap airline tickets are.

Yeah, the fact that it takes a three month waitlist to see a therapist but you can catch a southbounder outta Liberty Int’l shitfaced drunk on a Tuesday morning with no advanced warning is a wonderful commentary on our society.  

fun fact-two times outta thousands of flights have I been asked about my physical condition to fly.  Once in Newark and once in Columbus.  But you never, ever threaten the waitstaff/bartenders.  They’re just looking for a reason to have you arrested.  Airplane, airport bar, parking shuttle, all of it—-keep your fucking head down, take your pills, and quiet.  We are all just trying to get home.  The most basic human instinct, yet it’s where we tear apart our civilized fabric in the most fantastical ways.  

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Raise ticket prices and funnel that money in to mental health care. Fixed on both ends.

That would be great! It seems like every other day we see headlines regarding someone either mentally ill and/or someone under the influence of drugs in crisis. I fully support more money and research and all of that. The only problem (maybe it’s just more prevalent here) is there are plenty of these folks that have means. Have received help and a diagnosis. Have access to medication that should keep them from destructive behavior. Have supportive family members that aware of the problem but these folks just stop taking their medication. I don’t know what the fix is for that. Because most people wouldn’t support throwing someone an institution indefinitely or having a system that forces them to take their medication…and so many of them abuse other substances (self medicate.) I wish there was a great solution for this. So much can be done…that hasn’t been. It’s frustrating. And sad. And once family members have to avert a crisis for their loved ones an even bigger crisis often happens.

I’m sure many of us know someone diagnosed with a mental illness that either self medicates or stops taking their medication. I have a friend in that situation. Every other month is a new crisis. For her family and friends. Sometimes she is hospitalized and they regulate her meds and get her back to where she needs to be and a few weeks later she’s feeling great. Starts drinking wine. which she is able to hide. Stops taking her meds and it’s back to the same shit. I fully expect one of these days to read some gawd awful headline and go “oh shit” and it would be her. Her family has means. She’s had tons of therapy etc…she just stops taking her meds. And there is nothing they can do about it at all. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 2

With our constant hand-wringing over mental illness in this country and all the ways we fail one another in a western society...how fucking 2023 simulation is it that of all the institutions and entities and religious groups, and political parties........it's gonna be Spirit Airlines that finally calls attention and resources on our sad mental state?  

Here's a drink coupon; get your shit together, America.  

Wouldn’t it be great if there was some kind of implantable slow release device that they can put in and take out every three to six months that would keep them stable.

I had a paralegal with mental health issues that would routinely go off her meds. It was immediately discernible that she was off her meds, but due to HIPAA and HR reasons it was hard to find out what was going on with her, and we couldn’t really grill her on her med use. Finally laid off after going Cray-Cray. Sad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Wouldn’t it be great if there was some kind of implantable slow release device that they can put in and take out every three to six months that would keep them stable.

I had a paralegal with mental health issues that would routinely go off her meds. It was immediately discernible that she was off her meds, but due to HIPAA and HR reasons it was hard to find out what was going on with her, and we couldn’t really grill her on her med use. Finally laid off after going Cray-Cray. Sad.

It would be great. I’d be concerned they would somehow dig that device out. Cause a ton of damage in the process. I was reading the other day about the water in certain parts of California. High levels of manganese (which has proven to cause Parkinson’s) and Lithium. We have steroids and other hormones in our proteins and other foods. Our FDA and other organizations are light years behind those in Europe and we are seeing imo the results of cheap food, processed foods and unsafe practices with animals we eat. I think there is a direct correlation to the rise in certain illnesses we see and what’s happening now to our food and unsafe and unsound practices. 

Thanks for sharing that! As far as all of this relates to air travel it’s getting harder to see those truly in crisis from the entitled assholes. It’s like they are starting to all blend together. Even a true tragedy like one of these folks somehow downing an aircraft and killing everyone won’t solve it bc they will just put further restrictions on mentally ill folks…sucks. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The birth control people figured it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

I'm glad to see a Yankee break the continuous string of Texans acting like assholes in this thread.  It seems like flights in and out of DFW are involved in at least half of these incidents, with Atlanta coming in a close second.

To be fair, DFW is a hub so you have people from all over flying in and connecting, getting delayed, etc.  Texans still representing some however.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, After irth said:

That was after Jimenez said the man successfully opened one of the emergency exits at the front of the plane and nearly jumped out of the plane.

“H was about to jump down, and the plane is elevated, right, so he would have jumped apparently two stories to the ground,” Jimenez said. “And the flight attendants just kicked in, and everybody pulled him back to safety.”

idiots. Somebody should have Sparta kicked that asswipe right out the door.

300-leonidas.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It would be great. I’d be concerned they would somehow dig that device out. Cause a ton of damage in the process. I was reading the other day about the water in certain parts of California. High levels of manganese (which has proven to cause Parkinson’s) and Lithium. We have steroids and other hormones in our proteins and other foods. Our FDA and other organizations are light years behind those in Europe and we are seeing imo the results of cheap food, processed foods and unsafe practices with animals we eat. I think there is a direct correlation to the rise in certain illnesses we see and what’s happening now to our food and unsafe and unsound practices. 

Thanks for sharing that! As far as all of this relates to air travel it’s getting harder to see those truly in crisis from the entitled assholes. It’s like they are starting to all blend together. Even a true tragedy like one of these folks somehow downing an aircraft and killing everyone won’t solve it bc they will just put further restrictions on mentally ill folks…sucks. 

Lithium in the drinking water would actually be a good thing.

• Haha 1

Related. Flight out of Bimini was cxld. Dont ever book Silver Air.. Yada Yada we had to book two seats on a private charter.

The Bimini airport building is tiny. These four younger people show up and they are pretty intoxicated.it's become clear they are on our flight. They keep blaring their bad bunny on their huge Bluetooth speaker and dancing grinding like they were in a club.   (i didnt mind the two blondes twerking to be honest)  Multiple people from the airport have asked them to turn it down and they pout like children. It got kind of tense because they were blaming the rest of us for complaining but it was the airport staff.

Fast forward we are about to board the flight and the pilot is checking passports against his manifest. Belligerent people are not paying attention apparently. A few of us go on out to the plane. They get on eventually and we take off. It's only 30 mins.

We land at Tamiami Executive Airport. We go into customs and guess who can't find their passports. The non-drunk four of us get processed but CBP won't let us leave the building until the whole flight has cleared immigration.

The pilot is telling them "i handed you your passports'.  And he points specifically to one girl .  They wont accept responsibility. The keep trying to say the pilot didn't give them back.  They are asking all of the other passengers to look in their bags. I've got a hundy they set them down on a chair or something in Bimini which means they are not getting into the US.  At one point the officers are having to get involved because its getting pretty heated and the drunks are yelling at everyone. 

Finally after realizing this could be a long term issue the CBP let's us go but I'll always wonder what happened.

Pictures included for reference

Karma is a bitch

12b26afc75b7d3d3892b6452afc89675.jpg4107b8b77696a95bbe788c2c3816fc4f.jpge2c957c297bdb0bbb3210d74d8bcbec9.jpg

Edited by midtown