Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

• 2 weeks later...

The altitude is not a problem at all. I throw shit at 700' all the time for my 'Feats of Strength' class at Festivus season.  

But yeah, there is a gradual de-pressuring of the cabin on approach.  Somebody on here has got to be a pilot.  We have 1500 fucking lawyers, surly we have one person who know at what point during descent shit could actually open up and get real.  Although now that I type that, I could see why airlines don't want to broadcast these cat facts.  Or cab facts if you will.  

On 4/24/2023 at 11:15 AM, Nicole44 said:

Yuck…

A passenger on board American Airlines flight 292, which departed Saturday evening from New York JFK enroute for Delhi, was arrested on arrival in India Sunday night after getting into an argument with another passenger – and urinating on them.

According to American Airlines crew, the urinator was inebriated. The incident was reported to authorities prior to arrival and both passengers, including the unrinee (who has filed a formal complaint) were turned over to local police.
https://viewfromthewing.com/american-airlines-passenger-urinates-on-seatmate-after-argument/

oh and this one…this would also piss (pun intended) me off:

I get it. People going on vacation want to have a good time and are in a good mood…but that doesn’t mean you can do it on your flight at everyone else’s expense. 

I would have started blasting David Allan Coe and started singing along to it in the row behind them

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

700 feet is the key. At 30,000 feet the pressure wouldn't allow it.

Isn't the outside air the vacuum, and the inside air would rush out if it was exposed to the outside?  When they open the door at the gate it's on hinges, but when you open the door with the escape handle, I think the door falls away because it pops off it's hinges.  

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Have the engineers ever tested the theory that you can’t open the door at 30K? Feels like it’s one of those paper concepts where someone is 100% certain but they’re not willing to test it out. And I don’t blame them.

I doubt she’s an engineer, but Michelle Herman gave it a try and failed.

• Haha 3

On 5/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, Nicole44 said:

It would be great. I’d be concerned they would somehow dig that device out. Cause a ton of damage in the process. I was reading the other day about the water in certain parts of California. High levels of manganese (which has proven to cause Parkinson’s) and Lithium. We have steroids and other hormones in our proteins and other foods. Our FDA and other organizations are light years behind those in Europe and we are seeing imo the results of cheap food, processed foods and unsafe practices with animals we eat. I think there is a direct correlation to the rise in certain illnesses we see and what’s happening now to our food and unsafe and unsound practices. 

Thanks for sharing that! As far as all of this relates to air travel it’s getting harder to see those truly in crisis from the entitled assholes. It’s like they are starting to all blend together. Even a true tragedy like one of these folks somehow downing an aircraft and killing everyone won’t solve it bc they will just put further restrictions on mentally ill folks…sucks. 

American should put a hub in Mineral Wells... 

On 5/8/2023 at 7:47 AM, midtown said:

Related. Flight out of Bimini was cxld. Dont ever book Silver Air.. Yada Yada we had to book two seats on a private charter.

The Bimini airport building is tiny. These four younger people show up and they are pretty intoxicated.it's become clear they are on our flight. They keep blaring their bad bunny on their huge Bluetooth speaker and dancing grinding like they were in a club.   (i didnt mind the two blondes twerking to be honest)  Multiple people from the airport have asked them to turn it down and they pout like children. It got kind of tense because they were blaming the rest of us for complaining but it was the airport staff.

Fast forward we are about to board the flight and the pilot is checking passports against his manifest. Belligerent people are not paying attention apparently. A few of us go on out to the plane. They get on eventually and we take off. It's only 30 mins.

We land at Tamiami Executive Airport. We go into customs and guess who can't find their passports. The non-drunk four of us get processed but CBP won't let us leave the building until the whole flight has cleared immigration.

The pilot is telling them "i handed you your passports'.  And he points specifically to one girl .  They wont accept responsibility. The keep trying to say the pilot didn't give them back.  They are asking all of the other passengers to look in their bags. I've got a hundy they set them down on a chair or something in Bimini which means they are not getting into the US.  At one point the officers are having to get involved because its getting pretty heated and the drunks are yelling at everyone. 

Finally after realizing this could be a long term issue the CBP let's us go but I'll always wonder what happened.

Pictures included for reference

Karma is a bitch

12b26afc75b7d3d3892b6452afc89675.jpg4107b8b77696a95bbe788c2c3816fc4f.jpge2c957c297bdb0bbb3210d74d8bcbec9.jpg

Your picture suck because I don't see the 2 blondes anywhere! 

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Have the engineers ever tested the theory that you can’t open the door at 30K? Feels like it’s one of those paper concepts where someone is 100% certain but they’re not willing to test it out. And I don’t blame them.

Outside air pressure at cruising altitude is 3-5 psia.  Cabin air pressure is something like 10-14 psia.  WAG at door area would be 8 sqft or 1152 sq in.  Multiplying that out, you're looking at ~10k lbs of force keeping the door shut from the inside.

If you try to crack the door seal to let the cabin air out and equilibrate the pressure, now you're in a competition with the engine compressor whose bleed air maintains cabin pressure.  It would have to be a substantial gap to depressurize to the point where you could get close to opening the door and odds are you're blacking out anyway at <7 psia due to lack of oxygen in that attempt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BadgerHorn said:

Outside air pressure at cruising altitude is 3-5 psia.  Cabin air pressure is something like 10-14 psia.  WAG at door area would be 8 sqft or 1152 sq in.  Multiplying that out, you're looking at ~10k lbs of force keeping the door shut from the inside.

If you try to crack the door seal to let the cabin air out and equilibrate the pressure, now you're in a competition with the engine compressor whose bleed air maintains cabin pressure.  It would have to be a substantial gap to depressurize to the point where you could get close to opening the door and odds are you're blacking out anyway at <7 psia due to lack of oxygen in that attempt.

image.gif.1aeeaa34ef579a766766216c9942ded3.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

An American Airlines passenger prevented a plane from taking off — forcing others to reschedule their flights — after she was asked to get off her phone, federal prosecutors said. The woman refused the flight attendants’ request, which made her “irate” as the plane heading to Chicago was departing from Buffalo Niagara International Airport in New York on April 19, 2022, according to court documents. She left her seat, headed toward the front of the plane, argued with passengers and spit on one, an affidavit says. Then, she’s accused of taking out her phone and recording.

The situation escalated when the woman realized she was “going to be in trouble” and decided to leave, according to the affidavit. With the plane in motion, she pushed a flight attendant, opened the front door and slid down the aircraft’s emergency slide after causing it to activate, the affidavit says. The woman, 24, of Rochester, was sentenced to time served and three years’ probation after she pleaded guilty to two counts of simple assault in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the U.S., the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of New York announced in a May 26 news release. She agreed to pay $42,128 in restitution as part of her sentencing, according to her plea agreement.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article275904481.html#storylink=cpy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, RPM said:

An American Airlines passenger prevented a plane from taking off — forcing others to reschedule their flights — after she was asked to get off her phone, federal prosecutors said. The woman refused the flight attendants’ request, which made her “irate” as the plane heading to Chicago was departing from Buffalo Niagara International Airport in New York on April 19, 2022, according to court documents. She left her seat, headed toward the front of the plane, argued with passengers and spit on one, an affidavit says. Then, she’s accused of taking out her phone and recording.

The situation escalated when the woman realized she was “going to be in trouble” and decided to leave, according to the affidavit. With the plane in motion, she pushed a flight attendant, opened the front door and slid down the aircraft’s emergency slide after causing it to activate, the affidavit says. The woman, 24, of Rochester, was sentenced to time served and three years’ probation after she pleaded guilty to two counts of simple assault in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the U.S., the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of New York announced in a May 26 news release. She agreed to pay $42,128 in restitution as part of her sentencing, according to her plea agreement.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article275904481.html#storylink=cpy

IMG_6031.thumb.webp.f08a3a7471ecd9436d63983b60f5380e.webp

2 hours ago, RPM said:

What is the penalty for failure to pay these fines? I have to think that a high percentage of people fail to make payments and all they need is a decent lawyer and a sympathetic judge to let off the hook in the future.

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Double secret probation.

Looks like the Feds spend a shitload of money in the hopes of getting $42,128 and zero jail time. 

They should have added up every minute everyone on the plane was delayed due to her dumbass and that should have been her jail sentence.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

lulz...

Best part is the third person saying, "Well, it looks like you're getting arrested."  

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

80A43723-9135-4807-828D-F86DEBAEE07C.gif.b554c781a38810c1adeec7c8d26c95fc.gif

Is it FAA approved to tell a woman, "look, I think saw somebody touching the cabin door so we should probably do butt stuff in case they go back over there."  

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Best part is the third person saying, "Well, it looks like you're getting arrested."  

Is it FAA approved to tell a woman, "look, I think saw somebody touching the cabin door so we should probably do butt stuff in case they go back over there."  

“ But the airline said, ‘you’re free to move about the country.’   And her butt is in the country. Aren’t any of you lawyers?“

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/southwest-passenger-new-orleans-kamaryn-gibson/article_33e5f43a-03e7-11ee-9351-af6e244124f2.html

A belligerent and intoxicated Kansas woman bit and kicked the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office deputies who were forced to remove her from a recent Southwest Airlines flight that had to turn back to the gate at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport because of her behavior, according to authorities. 

Kamaryn Gibson's arrest was recorded on video by several passengers of the May 29 flight. Four days later, Sheriff's Office deputies arrested a married couple from Washington after they began fighting during a flight to New Orleans.

Some people just can’t handle their Hurricanes…

• Like 1

Emergency exit doors are designed as plugs fhat are pressed into the fuselage so that they cannot be opened when pressurized. Like pushing a cork further into the bottle. That’s why most open inward before being placed on the arm rests or thrown outside.  They cannot physically open outward. There are new emergency exit style doors that open by hinging upward on both Airbus and Boeing products. I always wondered how much use they would be if the airframe were twisted and the door was stuck in place, but I guess that could be an issue for the plug doors too. 

Planes land unpressurized so that there is less stress on the cabin and also so there is not a pressure bump for the skin bags within as the valves controlling the cabin altitude fully open on landing  better for the planes. Better for the people.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

That’s why most open inward before being placed on the arm rests or thrown outside.  They cannot physically open outward.

de Havilland had windows that opened outward. They were problematic.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy33jz/flight-attendant-charged-for-bomb-threat-to-stop-her-exs-vacation?utm_source=reddit.com

“Tell the little captain that we put three bombs on the Miami flight,” a distorted voice said in an audio message sent to an airline worker in Argentina on May 21. “Check the airplane because it's going to blow up in a thousand pieces.”

But the threatening message turned out to be a hoax, according to Argentine authorities, called in by a jealous flight attendant who worked for the airline and wanted to stop her ex-boyfriend from flying to Miami with his new girlfriend.

Carbone was reportedly in a five year relationship with a male flight attendant, and the pair often worked together on Aerolínas Argentinas, according to local media. The pair broke up just a couple months prior to the bomb threat and he began a new relationship. Carbone’s ex-boyfriend reportedly was working on the flight, while his new girlfriend was traveling as a passenger, and the pair intended to spend a few days in Miami together.

Authorities reportedly found evidence that Carbone had used her daughter's phone to send the bomb threat to the airplane. Argentine newspaper La Nacion published a series of messages between Carbone and her daughter reportedly sent after the bomb threat. The daughter expressed shock and anger towards her mother when she discovered that her mom used her phone to commit the crime.

“The selfish one is you. That you can screw up my life over this bullshit,” the daughter wrote.

The final messages between the mother and daughter came just after Carbone was arrested: “Daughter, they arrested me….not one word to anyone,” the flight attendant wrote.

1686847090503-argentina-bomb-threat-flig