Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

12 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Enough bitching, enough sitting on the sidelines, CDC isn't doing fucking dick but we can! Introducing Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program. This is how we make a difference, if we can get enough interest and hit the numbers that we forecasted, that is a huge step towards getting at least one position group taken care of (possibly two pending interest and people actually putting their money where their mouths are) with the hopes that others will follow with other less appreciated position groups. Bijan, Card, even guys like Jamison and Overshown won't have issues getting paid when the NIL is fully rolled out (hopefully fucking soon, looking at you @closetojumping)or when CDC gets his head pulled out of his ass (Doubtful, fucking moron).

Next Steps, I gauge interest through this article and see what the financials actually look like (You won't be charged dick till this shit actually gets rolled out), we get a liaison in the TE room to help facilitate scheduling, we get this bitch through compliance (Don't think this should be an issue but....), then we start to roll it out to the TEs! All the profit is going directly to the TEs, and the website will be handling the money (No Ketch bullshit). We will mail everyone's Cups and stickers and shit once things have been rolling. We will need some help designing a logo (paging @TreatyOak). This is a great opportunity for us to have some fun with the NIL, get some kids some cash legally and above board, help improve TE recruiting and keep talented TEs on the team and out of the portal. If you have any suggestions, questions or grievances shoot me and @immamac a DM. This is how we help!

image.thumb.png.eb1ed5c0b6a42457828dc4ac2e43b441.png

image.thumb.png.1be9d33ef91485225d63a04e383233b4.png

image.thumb.png.63d550c32b901defbe80c5decf682e71.png

image.thumb.png.dfa908ee40b44786845a8857a0158a5a.png

image.thumb.png.8f42f1e42d00984050a52b417d6b2087.png

image.thumb.png.aeb92f3d252faab82c2199d534100896.png

image.thumb.png.3d0547538388b5b6d1a4d0cdefddc217.png

image.thumb.png.18c7b1a21d4ab7cee05a6b66b332c7b5.png

Burnt Ends- NIL Program.pptx 2.08 MB · 30 downloads

View full article

In for $1000 (not a monthly subscription kind of guy). Where do I send the check?  Or Venmo or whatever?  

• Hook 'Em 6

I just read the post and the tight end camp sounds really cool- if that actually happens I’m going to take down 12 spots for an additional $6000. We can figure out a clever way to sponsor content/posts on the board, or that’s helpful in some way to what you are trying to do here and that will be my scholarship for people posting here perhaps- as a pay it forward. Or maybe podcast participation or or feedback or something like that. @immamacand @RGBIII can run with it on making that helpful to their aims here. Let me know what the plan is for board participation if you can think of something and I will pay up for a spot monthly as a giveaway for contribution here that amuses me/the board in some way. 
maybe we can have a ceremony or pod mention or something as a contest. Don’t know whatever y’all want. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 7

This is really amazing to see shape up. I am not surly 1% but definitely want to join. Only question for me is, is there a feeling that there will be multiple Surly position-group camps? If I had to choose, would rather support OL or DE. Frankly, the life expectancy of our TE's scares me to death so want to contribute to other groups as well.

Is this something like there will be an SEC-ish gentleman's agreement that OB sponsors OL, Surly sponsors TE, HF (does it still exist) sponsors WR, etc.? Too early to tell?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This is really amazing to see shape up. I am not surly 1% but definitely want to join. Only question for me is, is there a feeling that there will be multiple Surly position-group camps? If I had to choose, would rather support OL or DE. Frankly, the life expectancy of our TE's scares me to death so want to contribute to other groups as well.

Is this something like there will be an SEC-ish gentleman's agreement that OB sponsors OL, Surly sponsors TE, HF (does it still exist) sponsors WR, etc.? Too early to tell?

Too early on that front. For now we wanted TE cause most bang for your buck, smallest group equals most money to the players but as it expands I’m sure we will cover other positions and I’m sure the other 995ers will attempt to copy some of this shit cause it’s pure awesomeness 

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I just read the post and the tight end camp sounds really cool- if that actually happens I’m going to take down 12 spots for an additional $6000. We can figure out a clever way to sponsor content/posts on the board, or that’s helpful in some way to what you are trying to do here and that will be my scholarship for people posting here perhaps- as a pay it forward. Or maybe podcast participation or or feedback or something like that. @immamacand @RGBIII can run with it on making that helpful to their aims here. Let me know what the plan is for board participation if you can think of something and I will pay up for a spot monthly as a giveaway for contribution here that amuses me/the board in some way. 
maybe we can have a ceremony or pod mention or something as a contest. Don’t know whatever y’all want. 

Sounds bad ass! 

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Too early on that front. For now we wanted TE cause most bang for your buck, smallest group equals most money to the players but as it expands I’m sure we will cover other positions and I’m sure the other 995ers will attempt to copy some of this shit cause it’s pure awesomeness 

Will our new defensive scheme have defensive “ends” or are we still calling them “Bucks” or “Jacks” or whatever while we pretend they are linebackers that never drop into cover?

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

In for the monthly…

Curious what the balance will be at by the end of the month… 

Depends on how many nurses sign up.  We’ve seen the paystubs now so there’s no reason they don’t sign up for several $50 monthly payments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RGBIII said:

if this is successful long term, i  would love to see it expand to basketball and maybe baseball as well.  basketball would be difficult to do under this model as its becoming a positionless game and i'm not even sure you'd want to support guards rather than wings or bigs.  baseball it could be done where you go with outfielders or infielders or pitchers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

if this is successful long term, i  would love to see it expand to basketball and maybe baseball as well.  basketball would be difficult to do under this model as its becoming a positionless game and i'm not even sure you'd want to support guards rather than wings or bigs.  baseball it could be done where you go with outfielders or infielders or pitchers.  

That’s the plan as this grows and expands. Honestly if I have a pick for the next one would be something like volleyball

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, KnightHorn9804 said:

Can we get an update as to where we are on participation goals for Burnt Ends.  Also, if someone is connected and organized enough I’d love to see this for my favorite position group the D Line or just the tackles.  LOS is where it’s at!

Testing times: four emerging STIs that you can't afford to ignore | Mosaic

• Haha 5

On 8/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, Burt Macklin said:

This is good stuff. I’m in.

I realize this all far down the road, but any reason we didn’t pick the DB group for this? Too many numbers there? Seems that could do wonders for our current recruting and it’s Texas’s best all time position group. 

That’s the thing, though. Most of Surly can’t. 

Yeah, count me out on the running shit...

This deal is legit.  Just reached out to Cade Brewer through my goddaughter (no pics assholes) and he is aware of it though he has not been contacted directly.

So stop whining about shit and contribute for the greater good.

Looking forward to the Surly sponsored Volleyball calendar next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

This deal is legit.  Just reached out to Cade Brewer through my goddaughter (no pics assholes) and he is aware of it though he has not been contacted directly.

Tell him to open his Twitter DMs lol only Wiley and Liebrock have their DMs open so I went through them. He was who I wanted to go through originally

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Tell him to open his Twitter DMs lol only Wiley and Liebrock have their DMs open so I went through them. He was who I wanted to go through originally

Message passed through the intermediary and received by the principal.

Edited by Soliver465
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Don’t worry, we’ll ask Cade for the real pics of your goddaughter in the AMA

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, Tex-19 said:

Who the fuck is Nathan Hatter? Walk on?

1. I'm in. Great job putting this together.

2. Please feel free to delete the quoted post if these guys will be able to see this thread

3. What were y'alls thoughts on including/excluding walk-ons? Just saw we're getting another one from LSU (not sure if WR or TE). Including them obviously reduces the payout for the scholly guys which also reduces the recruiting impact a bit.

4. Feel free to delete this post too, back to #2

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

1. I'm in. Great job putting this together.

2. Please feel free to delete the quoted post if these guys will be able to see this thread

3. What were y'alls thoughts on including/excluding walk-ons? Just saw we're getting another one from LSU (not sure if WR or TE). Including them obviously reduces the payout for the scholly guys which also reduces the recruiting impact a bit.

4. Feel free to delete this post too, back to #2

Goal is to cover walk ons as well. We want to use this as a selling point on someone going to like Iowa state n scholly vs a walk on here. The numbers will fluctuate but we should more than guarantee 10k+ for each still especially as this gains steam

• Hook 'Em 2