Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Is there a burnt ends board up yet? I applied for membership by it says it's still pending. Are we just on hold till all the i's are dotted?

Yep just waiting till everything’s locked down but board is up and created. Everyone who donated and enrolled will get a new logo flare and bird access as soon as we are live and announced. Cups and stickers will be rolling out as soon as production allows and I’ll get em shipped out ASAP. Will probably have koozies to give out as well at games

• Hook 'Em 2

Is this the big new NIL opportunity CDC was talking about - or is this old news?  Looks like a directory of athletes email addresses (what could possibly go wrong?)

From IT :

Hello Longhorn Foundation donors,
In this new era of collegiate athletics with Name, Image and Likeness opportunities for our student-athletes, many of you have asked about ways to partner with them on NIL deals. As you may have read in Forty Acres Insider Tuesday, we have proudly launched LEVERAGE Lineup, a hub for finding and contacting Texas student-athletes who may be interested in a partnership with you or your brand. We've worked with our partners, compliance staff and legal team to ensure LEVERAGE Lineup is fully compliant with State of Texas and NCAA regulations. I am personally excited to see this list continue to grow as more of our Longhorn student-athletes elect to sign up and be a part of LEVERAGE Lineup to further take advantage of the new state of Texas law.
In addition to LEVERAGE Lineup, TexasSports.com/NIL is a great resource for name, image and likeness FAQs, the State of Texas NIL bill and learning more about our student-athlete educational efforts through the 4EVER TEXAS and LEVERAGE programs.
We're excited about these amazing new opportunities for our student-athletes and look forward to continuing to watch them build their personal brands while representing The University of Texas at the highest level.
Hook 'em!

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is this the big new NIL opportunity CDC was talking about - or is this old news?  Looks like a directory of athletes email addresses (what could possibly go wrong?)

From IT :

that leverage lineup "hub" is bad and whoever approved and rolled it out should feel bad. this shit isn't a hub, its literally a list of players with links to their socials and email

2aZTuUaZ

oh yeah, and Bijan isn't on it. it does have Ojomo, who may not even be old enough to have a tiktoc, Jamison, Dicker, Alfred Collins, Card, Coburn

lol Paxton Anderson's email goes is his first letter/last name at cowboys dot com

this is everyone's PERSONAL emails out there in the public domain, not behind shit. also it is based on folks legal names not the names they go by on the actual roster or in public. Examples:

Roster name: Junior Angilau --> that system has him as his actual name Sione Angilau

• Roster Name: BJ Foster --> system mane: Billy Foster
  • Roster Name: JD Coffey --> Johnny Coffey
  • Roster Name: Jett Bush --> David Bush

1 MBB player, 1 WBB player is on the list

what a shit show.

no, really... how do you roll out something like this and not even have your best player on it before you announce it?

i could have created this in two seconds and it would have been a better setup.

it's even a worse setup than Opendorse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From IT :

I don't think so. Doesn't fit the description of a "brand licensing" thing. First I've heard of it though.

And yeah while I like the sentiment here, publishing all their personal emails seems like a terrible idea. Kinda need a blind contact form that also requires a login so people can be banned.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

that leverage lineup "hub" is bad and whoever approved and rolled it out should feel bad. this shit isn't a hub, its literally a list of players with links to their socials and email

2aZTuUaZ

oh yeah, and Bijan isn't on it. it does have Ojomo, who may not even be old enough to have a tiktoc, Jamison, Dicker, Alfred Collins, Card, Coburn

lol Paxton Anderson's email goes is his first letter/last name at cowboys dot com

this is everyone's PERSONAL emails out there in the public domain, not behind shit. also it is based on folks legal names not the names they go by on the actual roster or in public. Examples:

Roster name: Junior Angilau --> that system has him as his actual name Sione Angilau

what a shit show.

no, really... how do you roll out something like this and not even have your best player on it before you announce it?

Yeah I like the idea but very poorly executed. Should be some kind of searchable/filterable/sortable data table that doesn't look like a middle schooler designed it. And add their position, class, hometown or something. Should also be blind contact forms instead of showing their emails. Possibly with the added security of requiring a log in to help limit random fan/hate mail.

That said, I would think the list of players on there will grow. They probably just released it a little early. And sadly it's actually better than what's on Opendorse (like 5 players who required extensive searching to find, with no way at all to contact them). 

52 minutes ago, NoName said:

2aZTuUaZ

what a shit show.

Omfg, this idea is so fucking easy and they made it so god damn stupid. I had this exact idea two weeks ago, @immamac said he could build it in like three days tops. This is so not hard,  just take the app cameo and duplicate it for the players. Have businesses already go through compliance so the athletes can just log on, click a button and get signed up. Instead he just made an address book with kids tiktoks on them. My god, this is not hard. I got the same shit that this “platform” does through Twitter DMs. This is opendorse after it ate lead paint. Fuck!

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Omfg, this idea is so fucking easy and they made it so god damn stupid. I had this exact idea two weeks ago, @immamac said he could build it in like three days tops. This is so not hard,  just take the app cameo and duplicate it for the players. Have businesses already go through compliance so the athletes can just log on, click a button and get signed up. Instead he just made an address book with kids tiktoks on them. My god, this is not hard. I got the same shit that this “platform” does through Twitter DMs. This is opendorse after it ate lead paint. Fuck!

Yep. Should be simple for anyone with website design skills (unfortunately not me). Doesn't need anything fancy. Just find a player, log in, fill out a blind contact form with the proposal, and wait for a response. Combining that with some kind of resource center (sample docs, FAQs, etc.) as a one-stop solution would be crazy helpful to people and you don't need to open the players up to mountains of spam email.

Still think it's worth you and imma showing them how it's done by putting together something that's actually useful.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Yep. Should be simple for anyone with website design skills (unfortunately not me). Doesn't need anything fancy. Just find a player, log in, fill out a blind contact form with the proposal, and wait for a response. Combining that with some kind of resource center (sample docs, FAQs, etc.) as a one-stop solution would be crazy helpful to people and you don't need to open the players up to mountains of spam email.

Still think it's worth you and imma showing them how it's done by putting together something that's actually useful.

I'm willing to help contribute to this project. If somebody wants to PM me, I can build something in my spare time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Only tangentially related, buy where is the Surly tailgate before the Louisiana game? I just assume there's a set location yall own. 

and tangentially related to that, is surly planning to do a get together the night before the ou game (at lee harvey's or elsewhere)?

Signed up, logistical question for PayPal.   I assume selecting direct payment through banking versus selecting a credit card (how I usually pay recurring charges) leads to more money getting to the players?  

Thanks for putting this together.  Really hoping the ad gets off their asses and starts to follow the lead and weaponize our brand

1 hour ago, Acropora said:

Signed up, logistical question for PayPal.   I assume selecting direct payment through banking versus selecting a credit card (how I usually pay recurring charges) leads to more money getting to the players?  

Thanks for putting this together.  Really hoping the ad gets off their asses and starts to follow the lead and weaponize our brand

No one is on the website and one is external and takes you to PayPal. Some people like to go to PayPal and use PayPal credit and stuff. 

annual payment options have been added. 

There is a 3% fee associated with every purchase, worth it for me not to have to deal with monthly checks every month - but if you want to do annual for 600 you can mail a check to me or my bank. There isn't really an easy way to set up ACH payments unfortunately. 

we also take paypal, venmo, zelle DM me for info.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

annual payment options have been added. 

There is a 3% fee associated with every purchase, worth it for me not to have to deal with monthly checks every month - but if you want to do annual for 600 you can mail a check to me or my bank. There isn't really an easy way to set up ACH payments unfortunately. 

we also take paypal, venmo, zelle DM me for info.

So I guess that means we got approval from compliance?

15 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I'm willing to help contribute to this project. If somebody wants to PM me, I can build something in my spare time.

I'd defer to @RGBIII and @immamac because they may already be working on it. Happy to be a thought partner on how it could be structured if helpful to anyone though. For kicks I even started to build one on WIX lol but my web skills aren't up to par

4 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I started yesterday afternoon, and cooked up a demo in React/Material-UI in a little under 24 hours, just to play around. Here's an idea of what something could look like:

I am working on an NIL project that I think could be very cool. I have a compliance-approved contract that I can provide for a surly/grassroots project. It's absolutely crazy that the university doesn't have templates to help with the process

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

This is actually huge 

• Hook 'Em 1

Given this new information with respect to player jerseys, is it now okay for middle aged guys to wear said jerseys?

I remember a heated discussion years ago that decided without a shadow of a doubt that it was asshattery of the highest order to do so.

Asking so as to be in with the in (surly )crowd. Or just burnt Ends only.

3 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Given this new information with respect to player jerseys, is it now okay for middle aged guys to wear said jerseys?

I remember a heated discussion years ago that decided without a shadow of a doubt that it was asshattery of the highest order to do so.

Does this look like Columbus to you? No jerseys.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

I might get arrested by compliance. Chris Plonsky May personally throw me into Texas jail but im making a burnt orange polo with the burnt ends logo and I don’t give a FUUUUUUUUUUCK. But also no jerseys, if you’re old enough to buy cigarettes 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Buy them and hang them in your closet but never under any circumstance should a middle aged dude wear a jersey with someone else’s name on the back.  (Unless your gay and that’s okay). 

1 hour ago, Soliver465 said:

If you’re out of high school, this is the only acceptable way to use any jersey you buy. Preferably signed and in a nicer frame than this one here. 

0C3B5D21-FED4-4E5B-B751-B2B09386B67F.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I started yesterday afternoon, and cooked up a demo in React/Material-UI in a little under 24 hours, just to play around. Here's an idea of what something could look like:

Nice. Funny enough your background is similar to the free pic I chose on Wix (spoilered below). The main parts that are over my head are the login/member stuff, making a good player database page that can be sorted/filtered/searched, and creating contact forms for each player. Probably a resource center too although didn't try that.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df6e03fc16f95e5ce2fea66b4c988ce8.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Does this allow them to use the logo in commercials or just for merch?

Its my understanding that Texas has signed an agreement with Brandr to license merchandise with the Texas logo.  Players would have to go through Brandr to use the Texas logo and whatnot and I would expect that Texas has placed limitations on what they can do.  So I'd expect they (Brandr) can sell jerseys and t-shirts but I don't think they are going to allow them (Players) to use the Texas branding in commercials or to sell their own merchandise.

• Hook 'Em 1