Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Any word on if we are doing the camp?  We should definitely do the camp.  What was the projection on that- something like $25,000 for an overnight or weekend? I think we can definitely make that work. I think between me and @Hagbard Celine we've got you half way there in commitments.  Does that need a separate compliance after the season or can we slip it all through on prior relationship?  Because with that camp if you hit the other marks that gets them to damn near $20,000 a year.  That's not bad at all. If you cut the walk ons out it would be $20k for the scholarship guys.  

Also- when does Cade Brewer's deal end?  Is it month to month and done with the football season?  Not singling him out personally, same deal happens for every senior.  Done at last game?  Survive till graduation?  I assume also anyone who portals out the other guys just get his monthly share, right?

This is pretty cool yall. Congrats on making this happen.  Thankful to be able to be a part of this community.

Seniors need to accelerate their AMA and podcast appearance, but they are due a lump sum 1 week prior to the bowl game (which that night at 11:59PM their eligibility ends). Dinner is planned in the dead period between the end of the season and the bowl game. 

We are effectively matching their university stipend, there is nothing like this going on in the whole country and this will put TEXAS on the map for NIL activity. 

• Hook 'Em 7

I don't understand any of this stuff, really. But anything that will get us back to a National Championship game is something I'm happy to contribute towards. January 4, 2006 is a day that I could relive over and over like Groundhog Day. It was a great game day experience and the excitement of the win is a cherished memory. I love the Horns and I love the thought of helping out our players in an above board way that can lift their profiles and help us get more great players that we can cheer on. Like I said, I don't understand any of this NIL workings but I'm glad I post with people that can figure out how to do this and move the needle to getting us to back to an MNC. 

Way to go, you glorious assholes.

matthew mcconaughey cheers GIF by REBEKAH

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, immamac said:

We are now at 

78/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

33/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

19/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

for those bad at math that is ~ 2555/mo we need about 6k/mo to make this sustainable for the long term. We are almost halfway there!

Finished the day at:

86/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

43/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

27/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

3285/mo - we are officially more than halfway there. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Finished the day at:

86/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

43/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

27/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

3285/mo - we are officially more than halfway there. 

67/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr (+19)

22/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr (+21)

17/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr (+10)

good work today folks. 50 new signups today alone! Only 194 folks away at varying levels to make this thing long term, ground floor shit! Keep this momentum up! 

Hey, @immamac,

Put a got damn sticky somewhere so it is easy to figure out where to pay for Burnt Ends. And BOLD the damn thing. JOIN BURNT ENDS HERE  

Took me 30 minutes to find the link to pay. Had to read through several threads to find it. Of course, if I’m a dumb ass and missed an easily identifiable link, my bad. 

Nevrmind, I found the orange header that I had minimized earlier. Still, you should have a sticky also. IMO

Edited by Victor Lazlo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Blast emails to all users is a good idea. Some guys aren't prolific posters or on all the boards who might be interested in supporting the players. I'd recommend building a specific landing page that you can link out in the emails with a quick summary, and moving right to payment options.

I'd also considering offering to alter the Tree Fiddy memberships to allow for a percentage to go to this as well. That's a new category to add to the financial model, but it might be more palatable to some folks. Although Ideally, I'd be curious to view a breakdown of Tree Fiddy members who aren't also Burnt End members. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Blast emails to all users is a good idea. Some guys aren't prolific posters or on all the boards who might be interested in supporting the players. I'd recommend building a specific landing page that you can link out in the emails with a quick summary, and moving right to payment options.

I'd also considering offering to alter the Tree Fiddy memberships to allow for a percentage to go to this as well. That's a new category to add to the financial model, but it might be more palatable to some folks. Although Ideally, I'd be curious to view a breakdown of Tree Fiddy members who aren't also Burnt End members. 

Also, not sure what the deal is @immamac but I definitely signed up for a Burnt Ends membership, and I don't see muh bling or my burnt orange name, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Excellent suggestion.  Make it easier for people (psychopaths?) who really aren't into message-boarding and whatnot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We need a whale option too. If someone wants to drop 1k a month, that should be an option.  There should be no upper limit at all.  Let the whale choose how much he wants to drop. There shouldn't be a $50 cap.  Think big. Recruit big. Pitch to the big fish alums we know as an easy, zero effort way to help. 

Do we want to get into the business of acquiring or brokering NIL deals for players? 

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 6

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I agree with this 100% especially for those who aren't familiar with message boards and etc. Makes access easier.

@immamac the following URL's are all available for like $1 each.

SurlyBurntEnds.com

BurntEndsNIL.com

SurlyBurntEndsNIL.com

• Hook 'Em 1

I may take off paypal card direct and just have stripe and external paypal for payment options to limit confusion. 

Stripe processes immediately, paypal external is a great option because people can use their checking account, cc, debit card, paypal credit and a bunch of other options. 

@SydneyCarton good idea - I'll set up a landing page now.

burntends.surlyhorns.com is already alias to the burntends homepage, but not the store. I'll alias the landing page above to all 3 of the URL's that @BurntOrange&White referenced above.

I had emails on pepipost/netcore, but there are tons of bounces and a lot of ISP's block them. It's significantly cheaper than mailchimp or sendgrid but the delivery rate is much lower, which I didn't give a shit about because it was mostly notification shit. Now that it's important emails I am going to switch back to sendgrid, but it's like 3x the cost.  I'm going to go ahead and unsubscribe everyone from emails that is in the Full Members or Legacy members groups - that will cut down on quite a bit of email.

If you want to continue receiving emails and you are in one of those groups you will need to enable them again in your notification settings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

That is the primary revenue for keeping the lights on. There aren't enough treefiddy subs to justify taking a portion and from an income perspective it would become extremely difficult to decouple. 

treefiddy pays for everything, ad revenue from lurkers fund all the tailgates, happy hours and whatnot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I may take off paypal card direct and just have stripe and external paypal for payment options to limit confusion. 

Stripe processes immediately, paypal external is a great option because people can use their checking account, cc, debit card, paypal credit and a bunch of other options. 

@SydneyCarton good idea - I'll set up a landing page now.

burntends.surlyhorns.com is already alias to the burntends homepage, but not the store. I'll alias the landing page above to all 3 of the URL's that @BurntOrange&White referenced above.

I had emails on pepipost/netcore, but there are tons of bounces and a lot of ISP's block them. It's significantly cheaper than mailchimp or sendgrid but the delivery rate is much lower, which I didn't give a shit about because it was mostly notification shit. Now that it's important emails I am going to switch back to sendgrid, but it's like 3x the cost.  I'm going to go ahead and unsubscribe everyone from emails that is in the Full Members or Legacy members groups - that will cut down on quite a bit of email.

If you want to continue receiving emails and you are in one of those groups you will need to enable them again in your notification settings. 

You should add a "The whole brisket" option with a name your price over $100

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

We need a whale option too. If someone wants to drop 1k a month, that should be an option.  There should be no upper limit at all.  Let the whale choose how much he wants to drop. There shouldn't be a $50 cap.  Think big. Recruit big. Pitch to the big fish alums we know as an easy way, zero effort way to help. 

You can buy as many 50/mo or 600/yr subscriptions as you want, there is no limit and duplicates are allowed.

We have to tie the subscriptions to entitlements to stay above board, it can't just be a funnel for any money to come in and go out to players. Each individual needs to receive some value from their subscription, in the case of the 50/mo or 600/yr it's a seat at dinner. The more 50/mo subs you have the more seats at dinner you have to invite friends etc.

The 25/mo comes with a sticker and a cup, like actually you can't refuse delivery of those things

the 10/mo comes with access to the perks and exclusive content like the AMA.

The whole reason that we got through compliance is that this is completely legitimate and there isn't the capability to just "donate" to the players. The players are on the hook for content and the subscribers get value outside of just giving money to players. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

You can buy as many 50/mo or 600/yr subscriptions as you want, there is no limit and duplicates are allowed.

We have to tie the subscriptions to entitlements to stay above board, it can't just be a funnel for any money to come in and go out to players. Each individual needs to receive some value from their subscription, in the case of the 50/mo or 600/yr it's a seat at dinner. The more 50/mo subs you have the more seats at dinner you have to invite friends etc.

The 25/mo comes with a sticker and a cup, like actually you can't refuse delivery of those things

The whole reason that we got through compliance is that this is completely legitimate and there isn't the capability to just "donate" to the players. The players are on the hook for content and the subscribers get value outside of just giving money to players. 

Could do a calendar featuring all the TE's for whole brisket subscribers haha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

Couldnt you put in a couple more expensive options and just call it Double Points or something like that where the additional benefit is an extra seat dinner or whatever. Probably splitting hairs

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thanks for the explanation on this- makes sense now as to why you have to go with multiple  subscriptions as opposed to a name your subscription amount above and beyond the $50.00 or a 1 time cash donation if you wanted to do it that way (which would certainly help with any initial costs).  Now that I understand that I'm going to repurpose my $1,000 a year into 2 annual $600 donations (thanks for adding that- option- it helps me from an expense sense that I can now just do 1 reimbursement as opposed to 12) 

@SydneyCarton had some great ideas, glad to see you are incorporating those.

@RGBIII great news on the tight end camp front on the donation of the spot- very cool.   Looking forward to getting with you on the Fayetnam trip to see how we can get something workable to give away 1 of those to a user per month...

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, immamac said:

Each individual needs to receive some value from their subscription,

What constitutes value though?  Look at the artwork deal for that Oregon defensive player.  Hypothetically, if we had a whale on the hook, couldn't just concoct something of nebulous value and charge whatever we want for it? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

What constitutes value though?  Look at the artwork deal for that Oregon defensive player.  Hypothetically, if we had a whale on the hook, couldn't just concoct something of nebulous value and charge whatever we want for it? 

Yes. Right now it's the Wild West atmosphere of what’s going  on that’s been done in other places. UT isn’t comfortable with that nor is Imma apparently as Surly is not pushing the envelope in any way with this. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn