Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

31 minutes ago, RabidM said:

What constitutes value though?  Look at the artwork deal for that Oregon defensive player.  Hypothetically, if we had a whale on the hook, couldn't just concoct something of nebulous value and charge whatever we want for it? 

This brings up the better question will the university nix a deal they deem not of equal value? Meaning are they or will they trying to self regulate value?

i guess regarding this specific instance….say someone donates $100k to this fund…can we only give 10k or can we do $24285/ea tight end now? 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Who set the funding goal and how was it set?  It seems arbitrary.  

Looks like the goal is to get everyone $1,000 a month.  That's arbitrary in the same way that all round numbers are, I suppose, but that's everything in life.  

Ha- I was going off what I thought I saw here. That's $15,500 a year or 1292 a month- you are right- that is random.  I think though the goal was to add the camp at about 4500 a player so $20k a year I guess?

Edited by Wulaw Horn

27 minutes ago, RabidM said:

What constitutes value though?  Look at the artwork deal for that Oregon defensive player.  Hypothetically, if we had a whale on the hook, couldn't just concoct something of nebulous value and charge whatever we want for it? 

This isn't an NFT - this is a subscription that gives access to certain content and privileges. 

The players are creating said content and are brand ambassadors. It all has to make sense for the IRS, the NCAA, the University and the players. 

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

It is arbitrary and I was very drunk. Seems like a good number as a baseline, I expect we will grow well past it

Looks like the middle option is in the most danger of not getting to it's goal.  I think we ultimately sail past the $10 a month and the $50 a month.  

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Looks like the goal is to get everyone $1,000 a month.  That's arbitrary in the same way that all round numbers are, I suppose, but that's everything in life.  

Ha- I was going off what I thought I saw here. That's $15,500 a year or 1292 a month- you are right- that is random.  I think though the goal was to add the camp at about 4500 a player so $20k a year I guess?

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

It is arbitrary and I was very drunk. Seems like a good number as a baseline, I expect we will grow well past it

Started arbitrary, needed to turn into a guaranteed minimum I was comfortable funding personally. 70k (10k each) seemed right when I looked at it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

As a web marketing guy, you need a clearer call to action, my man. Looks good, but give it "Join Now" or "Contribute Now" button. Clicking on images and getting a blown up image isn't intuitive when you're trying to capture momentum in the shopping process. 

Looks good though.

• Hook 'Em 9

This is an interesting application of NiL.  All TEs get paid and, if the program continues in perpetuity, they are paid regardless of their specific name, image, or likeliness.  You can have no face and be named Shit Fuck or Joe Blow and be getting the money as long as you have TE by your name on roster, sign the forms, and go to the events.  Then you graduate and are replaced by the next unknown TE.  It seems like one step up from Big Red Motors.  And yes I know many other schools have position groups getting similar deals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I imagine that they don't all need to do it to be ok, right?  In other words if just one of them wanted to do it would they get $25k or would we just not do it?

I don't know - but I'm guessing the majority of them would love to earn a few grand extra just for hanging out at a park and watching a bunch of overweight septuagenarians break a hip trying to relive their glory days.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As a web marketing guy, you need a clearer call to action, my man. Looks good, but give it "Join Now" or "Contribute Now" button. Clicking on images and getting a blown up image isn't intuitive when you're trying to capture momentum in the shopping process. 

Looks good though.

go incognito. On the right side there is a signup widget that talks about signing up that is only visible to lurkers/guests though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

go incognito. On the right side there is a signup widget that talks about signing up that is only visible to lurkers/guests though.

That seems...needlessly complicated? Why would you make any funnel or silo smaller than necessary? Maximum eyeballs at all time. Maybe some regular posters who are cheap finally get worn down. Who knows. But I don't understand why you'd lessen eyeballs when it's giving money. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That seems...needlessly complicated? Why would you make any funnel or silo smaller than necessary? Maximum eyeballs at all time. Maybe some regular posters who are cheap finally get worn down. Who knows. But I don't understand why you'd lessen eyeballs when it's giving money. 

What about now?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This is an interesting application of NiL.  All TEs get paid and, if the program continues in perpetuity, they are paid regardless of their specific name, image, or likeliness.  You can have no face and be named Shit Fuck or Joe Blow and be getting the money as long as you have TE by your name on roster, sign the forms, and go to the events.  Then you graduate and are replaced by the next unknown TE.  It seems like one step up from Big Red Motors.  And yes I know many other schools have position groups getting similar deals. 

DM Sent

19 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Just some feedback on the flair (I know y'all have your hands full right now) but the image doesn't look great in dark mode.  There's still some white in the middle of the B for example. 

image.png.1c09bddf4a8ef079c2bd835d8f914c75.png

yeah I couldn't get it out, when I have more time I'll try to get to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, not sure what the deal is @immamac but I definitely signed up for a Burnt Ends membership, and I don't see muh bling or my burnt orange name, sir. 

I thought I signed up too but not seeing my bling or it under my subscriptions I’ll check my account and if it didn’t go through I’ll try to sign up again tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

What about now?

I gotta tell you man, I don't really want this to come across like me perpetually seeming to quibble. Have the subs up top is an improvement, but the call to action itself isn't straight intuitive. I'd consider a 2 page checkout with Join now, then radio buttons to select their level. But the point is you have something, and that can be blazed out to folks. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I gotta tell you man, I don't really want this to come across like me perpetually seeming to quibble. Have the subs up top is an improvement, but the call to action itself isn't straight intuitive. I'd consider a 2 page checkout with Join now, then radio buttons to select their level. But the point is you have something, and that can be blazed out to folks. 

morgan_freeman_hes_right_you_know.gif

Also, sometimes the div surrounding the product buttons shrinks (see screenshot below), obscuring the products and making it hard to tell that you're supposed to click on them.

Spoiler

2067031063_ScreenShot2021-08-24at1_50_24PM.thumb.png.321d8a91e513b959b6fa922d98e00203.png

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Engineer out the stupid....make it boomer proof.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Engineer out the stupid....make it boomer proof.

Page 1

Short Mission Statement

Tiers and what they receive

GIANT BOOMER PROOF JOIN BUTTON

Page 2

Drop down menu selecting their tier

Check out options- Paypal CC Stripe etc

Page 3

Confirmation Screen

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@RGBIIIjust saw your thread…..and a comment you made to someone.  So for this….someone can’t come in and just drop $20k and call it a day? They have to order 33.33 of the $600 1 year subs? 

Basically yes, it wouldnt pass compliance if we just let someone donate whatever without any additional tangible benefit but @immamac could clear that part up

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@RGBIIIjust saw your thread…..and a comment you made to someone.  So for this….someone can’t come in and just drop $20k and call it a day? They have to order 33.33 of the $600 1 year subs? 

You would need to buy 33 and then you could buy 3 of the regular ones too if you felt like. 

You would need to invite 32 friends to dinner though. lol

16 hours ago, immamac said:

Finished the day at:

86/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

43/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

27/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

3285/mo - we are officially more than halfway there. 

101/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr

46/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr

32/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr

3760/mo

• Hook 'Em 5