Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

16 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Thing that's interesting is the "middle" option is usually the one that gets picked the most.  Instead it's very linear.  Need some more "flair" for $25/mo

You’d think. I would be interested in hearing why the people that signed up for the $10 chose that instead of $25 and what would change their mind to up the tier. Extra swag? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pigeonhold said:

For the people (myself not included since I’m poor) that want to drop like $10k could you consider something like an autographed Football from all the tight ends? Seems “market value” to me. 

I actually think autographed shit doesn’t have to be passed through compliance. I’ll ask but we could absolutely create a merchandise marketplace thing I bet. Would have to be individual though

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I actually think autographed shit doesn’t have to be passed through compliance. I’ll ask but we could absolutely create a merchandise marketplace thing I bet. Would have to be individual though

Autographed football auctioned off to all Surly Horns NIL subscribers. Highest bidder wins and can drop fat stacks. With proceeds going directly tight end group evenly split

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Autographed football auctioned off to all Surly Horns NIL subscribers. Highest bidder wins and can drop fat stacks. With proceeds going directly tight end group evenly split

Snap! That is kind of like at the watermelon thump where you bid for a kid's watermelon but it is really to fund the FFA scholly fund. Some melons went for $2000 to $5000.

Could we do an auction for the most productive TE of the group? That kid, by his performance metrics wins the right to have his jersey auctioned and takes a bigger cut of that bidding or all of that proceeds.  And some lucky sob gets the autographed jersey to frame for their wall. That would be  fucking sweet. Someday, that kid will be NFL bound and that asshole has his Horns jersey. Or the kid will win best TE in college award and will be at an event to snap a pic with us in a  burnt fucking ends tshirt holding that trophy. 

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Snap! That is kind of like at the watermelon thump where you bid for a kid's watermelon but it is really to fund the FFA scholly fund. Some melons went for $2000 to $5000.

Could we do an auction for the most productive TE of the group? That kid, by his performance metrics wins the right to have his jersey auctioned and takes a bigger cut of that bidding or all of that proceeds.  And some lucky sob gets the autographed jersey to frame for their wall. That would be  fucking sweet. Someday, that kid will be NFL bound and that asshole has his Horns jersey. Or the kid will win best TE in college award and will be at an event to snap a pic with us in a  burnt fucking ends tshirt holding that trophy. 

I don’t think we will be able to use jerseys and other stuff related to the team. So just a generic Nike football is most likely best case scenario. But yeah it’s like those 4h auctions at the county fairs. People bidding 10-11k over the value of the item because it’s value is based on the purchaser and what they deem it worth.  Would be an excellent skirt around the law and our compliance. 

50 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Autographs do not have to pass compliance. 

9 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

None of the compensation can be Performance Based. So no “most productive” anything. No money for TDs. Nothing like that. Name, Image, and Like was only. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Got it but you can still bid for their items and the proceeds pass to the group like the FFA scholly fund? 

Not through burnt ends. But if this happens at the dinner after their appearance is satisfied who's to say that isn't just a convenient circumstance for memorabilia to be signed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You should make a BIG visible Burnt Ends donate button link and put it permanently at the top of Surly. Alcohol + Football will make people either joyfully donate or rage donate during Football games. (I’m mainly referencing myself) 

Edit: just saw new page. Perfect. But maybe add a donate whatever amount you like button?

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sell raffle tickets for, say, $25 each. Then, have a drawing for autographed memorabilia or whatever. Only 1 prize per person. If somebody wants to drop $10k on raffle tickets to make sure they win a prize, who's going to complain?

47 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Got it but you can still bid for their items and the proceeds pass to the group like the FFA scholly fund? 

As long as it’s passed through EQUALLY to the entire TE room. Otherwise I’d recommend memorabilia be signed individually and given to  individual players. 

43 minutes ago, immamac said:

Not through burnt ends. But if this happens at the dinner after their appearance is satisfied who's to say that isn't just a convenient circumstance for memorabilia to be signed. 

See above, yes. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As long as it’s passed through EQUALLY to the entire TE room. Otherwise I’d recommend memorabilia be signed individually and given to  individual players. 

See above, yes. 

Get ctj to take online auctioneer classes so he can sound like the ones at the cow sales

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

You’d think. I would be interested in hearing why the people that signed up for the $10 chose that instead of $25 and what would change their mind to up the tier. Extra swag? 

I’ve got one kid at UT and one at Trinity. On kind of a tight budget now. I joined the $10 club but would probably buy a shirt or cup if that was an option and could help raise funds.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Thing that's interesting is the "middle" option is usually the one that gets picked the most.  Instead it's very linear.  Need some more "flair" for $25/mo

You would think so based on the Goldilocks rule, however, when I used to work on pricing I learned that unless you feature gate the hell out of the low end option it is going to be the most popular choice. We also found that the most expensive option was the second best performing because people with the means will default to that option because it's perceived to be the best. The middle option was always the worst performing slot by a fairly large margin.

I suggest as this grows to make the 10 dollar tier either position or sport specific and roll out a 50 and 100 option that give access to another position group or sport like volleyball or pom.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Viper said:

or just 1 @hitbyatrain

All those socks don’t feed themselves. 

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Signed up yo 

Consciously?

3 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I suggest as this grows to make the 10 dollar tier either position or sport specific and roll out a 50 and 100 option that give access to another position group or sport like volleyball or pom.

Wait just a damn minute here now. 

We could sponsor pom? 

• Haha 1