Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program- How YOU can help Texas with the NIL right now!

RGBIII

58 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

To this point. They will actually check that the TEs fulfilled their duties in the contract they signed. Every day I think about Chris Plonsky having to listen to the podcast and us saying fuck eleventy billion times…really keeps me going 

Well someone seems like he wants to hate fuck Plonsky.....or is it get pegged by? Because she definitely has that energy.

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Well someone seems like he wants to hate fuck Plonsky.....or is it get pegged by? Because she definitely has that energy.

I promise you, I’m not the guy to get her to switch teams. Now if it were your avatar…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Player has to do something of market value for the 100k, that's the problem - what will you have them do for that money? You can't just give it to them for random bullshit as that's not sustainable.

Random bullshit isn’t sustainable? Did you quit reading the boards two decades ago? 

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, RGBIII said:

Enough bitching, enough sitting on the sidelines, CDC isn't doing fucking dick but we can! Introducing Surly Horns Burnt Ends NIL Program. This is how we make a difference, if we can get enough interest and hit the numbers that we forecasted, that is a huge step towards getting at least one position group taken care of (possibly two pending interest and people actually putting their money where their mouths are) with the hopes that others will follow with other less appreciated position groups. Bijan, Card, even guys like Jamison and Overshown won't have issues getting paid when the NIL is fully rolled out (hopefully fucking soon, looking at you @closetojumping)or when CDC gets his head pulled out of his ass (Doubtful, fucking moron).

Next Steps, I gauge interest through this article and see what the financials actually look like (You won't be charged dick till this shit actually gets rolled out), we get a liaison in the TE room to help facilitate scheduling, we get this bitch through compliance (Don't think this should be an issue but....), then we start to roll it out to the TEs! All the profit is going directly to the TEs, and the website will be handling the money (No Ketch bullshit). We will mail everyone's Cups and stickers and shit once things have been rolling. We will need some help designing a logo (paging @TreatyOak). This is a great opportunity for us to have some fun with the NIL, get some kids some cash legally and above board, help improve TE recruiting and keep talented TEs on the team and out of the portal. If you have any suggestions, questions or grievances shoot me and @immamac a DM. This is how we help!

image.thumb.png.eb1ed5c0b6a42457828dc4ac2e43b441.png

image.thumb.png.1be9d33ef91485225d63a04e383233b4.png

image.thumb.png.63d550c32b901defbe80c5decf682e71.png

image.thumb.png.dfa908ee40b44786845a8857a0158a5a.png

image.thumb.png.8f42f1e42d00984050a52b417d6b2087.png

image.thumb.png.aeb92f3d252faab82c2199d534100896.png

image.thumb.png.3d0547538388b5b6d1a4d0cdefddc217.png

image.thumb.png.18c7b1a21d4ab7cee05a6b66b332c7b5.png

Burnt Ends- NIL Program.pptx 2.08 MB · 101 downloads

View full article

@immamac and @RGBIII

I dm'ed Barstoollonghorn on instagram about Burnt Ends.  I sent them most of the stuff including the tweet with a couple of the slides.  They were asking me to explain how Burnt Ends work.  I'm half convinced they didn't read any of the stuff I sent them.  I think it would be helpful to have these slides on the Surlyhorns instagram account.  Especially for people to be able to repost them on their stories and for them to be easy to dm to people.  Also if yall want, I would recommend dm'ing Barstoollonghorn about Burnt Ends.  They did seem interested in Burnt Ends but seemed confused about my role in it.  Barstoollonghorn has 74k followers so getting them to post about Burnt Ends would definitely help get the word out.  

Edited by Tex48
I forgot something.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Tex48 said:

@immamac and @RGBIII

I dm'ed Barstoollonghorn on instagram about Burnt Ends.  I sent them most of the stuff including the tweet with a couple of the slides.  They were asking me to explain how Burnt Ends work.  I'm half convinced they didn't read any of the stuff I sent them.  I think it would be helpful to have these slides on the Surlyhorns instagram account.  Especially for people to be able to repost them on their stories and for them to be easy to dm to people.  Also if yall want, I would recommend dm'ing Barstoollonghorn about Burnt Ends.  They did seem interested in Burnt Ends but seemed confused about my role in it.   

Tell them to email NIL@surlyhorns.com we will talk to them that way. 

Just now, Tex48 said:

@immamac and @RGBIII

I dm'ed Barstoollonghorn on instagram about Burnt Ends.  I sent them most of the stuff including the tweet with a couple of the slides.  They were asking me to explain how Burnt Ends work.  I'm half convinced they didn't read any of the stuff I sent them.  I think it would be helpful to have these slides on the Surlyhorns instagram account.  Especially for people to be able to repost them on their stories and for them to be easy to dm to people.  Also if yall want, I would recommend dm'ing Barstoollonghorn about Burnt Ends.  They did seem interested in Burnt Ends but seemed confused about my role in it.   

Perhaps we want to fix the spelling mistakes before we send out the slides?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

@immamac and @RGBIII

I dm'ed Barstoollonghorn on instagram about Burnt Ends.  I sent them most of the stuff including the tweet with a couple of the slides.  They were asking me to explain how Burnt Ends work.  I'm half convinced they didn't read any of the stuff I sent them.  I think it would be helpful to have these slides on the Surlyhorns instagram account.  Especially for people to be able to repost them on their stories and for them to be easy to dm to people.  Also if yall want, I would recommend dm'ing Barstoollonghorn about Burnt Ends.  They did seem interested in Burnt Ends but seemed confused about my role in it.  Barstoollonghorn has 74k followers so getting them to post about Burnt Ends would definitely help get the word out.  

I DMd them as well

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tell them to email NIL@surlyhorns.com we will talk to them that way. 

Ok I sent them the email as well.  I'm pretty sure Barstoolonghorn is moderated by some UT students so I'm not sure how likely they are to send an email.  

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I DMd them as well

Also we could consider dm'ing Oldrowlonghorns as well.  They have 21k followers.  They typically post the memes I've sent them in the past.  I sent them the Burnt Ends stuff and they left me on read.  

Edited by Tex48

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Final Tally for today:

115/150 for 10/mo or 120/yr (+8)

51/150 for 25/mo or 300/yr (+1)

39/50 for 50/mo or 600/yr (+5)

Slackin' pretty hard on the flats tier. I think once we ship merch that tier will pick up. The other 2 on target.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
maybe we need more swag in the tier!

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Final Tally for today:

Slackin' pretty hard on the flats tier. I think once we ship merch that tier will pick up. The other 2 on target.

Can't wait to see @RGBIII do the math on this.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

Final Tally for today:

As soon as I close on my house next month and purchase everything to put in it, I'll be moving up to the Flats tier.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

No it wont. What will happen is Texas will never vacate any wins or a national championship.

You guys think this is a fucking game, but it's not. Vacating a season or championship is a real shit stain on a University. Some 2nd rate trash schools may be willing to do this, but Texas will never ever risk vacating shit. It will also not risk in any way the eligibility of it's student-athletes. 

Then we risk staying mired in mediocrity.  The NCAA almost never hands out any harsh penalties.  Everyone knows some universities are flat out buying players... nothing ever happens to them.  Other schools are creating absurd NIL deals for their players... upwards of 1 million dollars.  Nothing is going to happen to them either.  We either start competing with the big boys in spending on recruits or we will just fall behind.  

@immamac, @RGBIII,

You have to make this easier to sign up. I said it before, and it hasn’t improved.

I signed out, just to see what it looked like for a new user.

You see the Burnt Ends banner, but nothing that is intuitive that directs you to it, and nothing that says “Click here to join Burnt Ends”

I’m on an Ipad, and an old guy, maybe I’m missing something, but I know enough that you have to ask for the sale. Make it easy for everyone that wants to buy what you are selling.

Make a banner or button that can’t be missed that screams “Join and Pay Here”.

Pardon me if I’m missing something, that is a distinct possibility,  but my point stands - make it it as easy as you can for people to give you money. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Final Tally for today:

I think once people see the shirt/cup or whatever they'll be more inclined. Would probably be a good idea to photoshop the cup on the slideshow to give people a visual.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

@immamac, @RGBIII,

You have to make this easier to sign up. I said it before, and it hasn’t improved.

I signed out, just to see what it looked like for a new user.

You see the Burnt Ends banner, but nothing that is intuitive that directs you to it, and nothing that says “Click here to join Burnt Ends”

I’m on an Ipad, and an old guy, maybe I’m missing something, but I know enough that you have to ask for the sale. Make it easy for everyone that wants to buy what you are selling.

Make a banner or button that can’t be missed that screams “Join and Pay Here”.

Pardon me if I’m missing something, that is a distinct possibility,  but my point stands - make it it as easy as you can for people to give you money. 

Good point, gotta help the boomers

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think once people see the shirt/cup or whatever they'll be more inclined. Would probably be a good idea to photoshop the cup on the slideshow to give people a visual.

Yep I’ll be blasting the stuff out soon. Works been crazy but should be able to show all the swag you get soon on Instagram and twitter

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

And if you haven’t seen on Instagram already…Our official logo! Shirts have been ordered and will be on sale shortly, high quality shit! If you’re confused by the colors it’s the color of a brisket burnt end, the meat, smoke ring and bark. Shout out @TreatyOak for being a fucking BOSS

83AAC889-6F08-49CD-B304-8A59B68775F8.jpeg

Looks dry as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Walte464 said:

I’ll move up, any easy way to do it?

There is an upgrade button. It’s hard as fuck to find though, at least on mobile. If you can eventually find the page on your profile that shows the tier you purchased, there’s an upgrade option on that page

edit: Store > Manage purchases

Edited by The Dude

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This probably wouldn’t work with our compliance and “not sustainable.”

It’s a shame Red hasn’t given top players across all sports vehicles to drive 

I foresee many mature and non jealous teammates stating, "Good for them!"