2018 NBA awards

Machinator

5 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

So there is one stat Harden got James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on the list of seasons where LeBron deserved the MVP and didn't get it his one is at/near the bottom. his team was really really bad for much of the season- one of the worst defenses we've ever seen for extended stretches. they got the four seed in a sorry eastern conference and then got outscored by 40 in a first round 4 vs 5 playoff series, and none of you were calling him the mvp at any point during that time. suddenly you're all incredulous. okay. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It was rhetorical anyways. 

Look, I don't  care who wins mvp, good for harden he's a great player. But Over the years ive kept up with the nba, it's easy to see that the voters have no idea ,much less consistency, to their criteria. They seem to like to spread  the award around. The fact that goo punch  brings up team stats for an individual award just makes the point that no one knows what the criteria is.  Whatever 

team results has been a major point of criteria for every mvp in every sport since the dawn of time. it's why mike trout isn't a 10 time mvp.

17 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Easy call and well deserved. 

And lol at Chris Paul leading the Rockets during the regular season. Except the 25% he sat out. 

Using playoff stats to dispute a regular season award is bold strategy. 

Crybaby spurs fans like Michael Knight is to be expected. Paul played like 50 games lol. Bunch of morons. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Easy call and well deserved. 

And lol at Chris Paul leading the Rockets during the regular season. Except the 25% he sat out. 

Using playoff stats to dispute a regular season award is bold strategy. 

It's a byproduct of them waiting until the playoffs are done to give out reg season awards.     Its stupid.

It was actually a very close race between Lebron and Harden if one was objective and simply looked at the numbers.  Now, voters don't do this and they are suckers for narratives.  They fell for the triple double narrative last year and felt they fucked Harden over so they were going to make it right this season.  Voters are used to fucking Lebron over..... lol.

Numbers last season.  Very, very close.  Could have gone either way but Harden definitely was deserving.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&y1=2018&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=LeBron+James&player_id2_select=LeBron+James&y2=2018&player_id2=jamesle01&idx=players

Lebron played a bunch of the season on cruse control and the Cavs record in the East reflected it (much easier SOS than Houston).  He was able to turn it on when needed, but all that resulted in was winning the East and getting swept by GS.  Harden had the better regular season without taking nights off (for rest), the better team in the regular season and the better team in the playoffs (taking GS to a game 7). 

Lebron taking time off during the season made the Cavs able to overcome Indiana in a dog fight in the first round and a young Celtic team, but ultimately ended in the predictable result - sweep.  The only way Lebron wins the MVP this year is to give him the "Alabama MVP" and you know they are the best but they didn't earn it on the field (beauty contest), and that doesn't mean that James is not a better player than Harden.  Harden simply had the better season and team. (not even accounting for the VY effect where he took 4th quarters off during blowouts - cavs didn't have too many of those).

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Harden also won the scoring title this year, by averaging over 30 points a game. Winning MVP and getting that monkey off his back should be good for him.  Quite a year, but next year's expectations will be for the playoffs. Need to make some adjustments and go hard at Golden State. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

oh cool, its the guy who likes to tell people on the internet that he's a tough dude at the bar.

You literally posted the same thing to Big Orange. I mirrored your post. Your mvp can't even get out of the first round yet you poke fun that harden can't make the Finals? makes sense.

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You literally posted the same thing to Big Orange. I mirrored your post. Your mvp can't even get out of the first round yet you poke fun that harden can't make the Finals? makes sense.

bigorange literally wagered money on houston winning the finals.  make sense?

18 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Who gives a fuck what he wagered. It doesn't change the fact that your mvp can't get out of the first round even with PG and Melo. 

Oh, you got me bro!  Be sure to tell all your friends at the icehouse !

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Oh, you got me bro!  Be sure to tell all your friends at the icehouse !

The only one talking about Bar talk and internet tough guys is you dumb ass. Make sure you ask your mom to come wipe your ass down in the basement. JFC you are a whiny pussy. 

Wahhhh this guy called me out for doing the same thing to another poster.. LOL.. 

45 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The only one talking about Bar talk and internet tough guys is you dumb ass. Make sure you ask your mom to come wipe your ass down in the basement. JFC you are a whiny pussy. 

Wahhhh this guy called me out for doing the same thing to another poster.. LOL.. 

Great creativity.  I'm sure it serves you well in life!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

You sound like you're stable and have all your shit together. 

You sound like you take message boards wayyyy to serious. I bet you shook your fat wrist at the screen when you read my responses. Or do you drown your anger in a gallon of blue bell being from Oklahoma?

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You sound like you take message boards wayyyy to serious. I bet you shook your fat wrist at the screen when you read my responses. Or do you drown your anger in a gallon of blue bell being from Oklahoma?

Tell me more, I'm almost there.

9 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Harden also won the scoring title this year, by averaging over 30 points a game. Winning MVP and getting that monkey off his back should be good for him.  Quite a year, but next year's expectations will be for the playoffs. Need to make some adjustments and go hard at Golden State. 

I don't think much tweaking is really needed, as if CP3 was healthy it would have been a Rox/ Cavs NBA Finals...

10 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lebron played a bunch of the season on cruse control and the Cavs record in the East reflected it (much easier SOS than Houston).  He was able to turn it on when needed, but all that resulted in was winning the East and getting swept by GS.  Harden had the better regular season without taking nights off (for rest), the better team in the regular season and the better team in the playoffs (taking GS to a game 7). 

Lebron taking time off during the season made the Cavs able to overcome Indiana in a dog fight in the first round and a young Celtic team, but ultimately ended in the predictable result - sweep.  The only way Lebron wins the MVP this year is to give him the "Alabama MVP" and you know they are the best but they didn't earn it on the field (beauty contest), and that doesn't mean that James is not a better player than Harden.  Harden simply had the better season and team. (not even accounting for the VY effect where he took 4th quarters off during blowouts - cavs didn't have too many of those).

You know LeBron actually played 10 more games than Harden, right?

14 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

That it wouldn't have been Rockets/Cavs if CP3 had not gone down

Well, in that case, would it be better to shore up the defense, or look at help for Harden & CP3 on offense..? I think it's hard to out offense GS, so you need a more aggressive off the ball defense to trap on Klay & Steph... 

14 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Regular season. He literally played all 82, first time in his career.

Yeah he was a machine this year, I still think the Cavs lose, but going up 1-0 in Oakland would have change the whole talking points going into game 2...

After nine full years in the NBA, Kevin Durant had *played in* the Finals a total of once, when his team featured three future MVPs plus prime Ibaka. The dysfunction brought by Westbrook's refusal to know his role resulted in the dismantling of this team, and two years later we see KD and Harden as MVP winners and the respective best players on the two best teams in the NBA. Meanwhile OKC is a dumpster fire that's going nowhere fast. Anyone dense enough to still be talking shit about KD's decision is only showing their own ass.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Nah life being a okc fan and living in that shit hole in general has to drive one to almost suicide so I’ll let off the petal. Me and my bro’s are about to knock back some zimas and fist bump each other now.

Just a hunch:  Oklahomans live better than you.