Cavs vs. Celtics

Sidney Sherman

On 5/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Message Board User said:

Boston gonna try all sorts of dirty shit like they always do, but no matter - Cavs in 4.

I think Boston can out coach Cleveland, but the Cavs can out athlete the Celtics... 

All the talk is about LeBron. If the C’s (who have plenty of individual defensive talent) can get guys like JR, Love, Korver, etc off their game then they should win. I don’t think Bron can single handedly get past these Celtics.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I think Boston can out coach Cleveland, but the Cavs can out athlete the Celtics... 

Hmmm.

Cleveland has the third oldest roster in the NBA.  Boston has the fifth youngest.  Now, that's not to say that there's no way Cleveland is going to win and a younger team = better team, but I'd like to think that Boston just might be a bit more athletic now than Cleveland is.

A Tatum/Horford PnR against Love/Korver would make them look like they were on skates.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hmmm.

Cleveland has the third oldest roster in the NBA.  Boston has the fifth youngest.  Now, that's not to say that there's no way Cleveland is going to win and a younger team = better team, but I'd like to think that Boston just might be a bit more athletic now than Cleveland is.

A Tatum/Horford PnR against Love/Korver would make them look like they were on skates

This. I expect Boston to really attack the defensive issues Cleveland has. Especially those two. Korver is going to have a ton of trouble especially with the wings from Boston.

19 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hmmm.

A Tatum/Horford PnR against Love/Korver would make them look like they were on skates.

I agree with you on that metric, and would easily pick the Celtics over the Cavs if not for LeBron...

54 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Also, he essentially just locked in a 35/13/10 game 1 for LeBron.

Is it ridiculous that that's just a "good" game from LeBron? The guy has a career average of like 28/7/7. I feel like anyone else in the playoffs goes for 35/13/10 and they're gods among men, but LeBron does it and we just expect it at this point.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:33 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hmmm.

Cleveland third oldest still AFTER the youth movement of trading away Wade and getting rid of Derrick Rose.  They were probably the oldest before i presume. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cavs are 0-12 from 3 in the first half.  JR Smith is -29.  Lebron and Love are 6-17 from the field.  George Hill has 0 points (0-1 from field) and 1 PF and no other stats in 16 minutes!!!  It's about as bad a half as they can play one would think.

Either Cleveland has no limits to the darth of execution on offense, or Boston has no limit to the ability to negate the offensive weapons of the opposing teams...

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Cavs quietly cut the lead in half.

Just as quietly, back up over 20..... It's the NBA, everyone makes a run, the Celtics simply need to continue to respond.... Cavs probably have one more serious run in them.  If they can't get to single digits under 5 minutes, then probably best to concede and save your legs.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Damn, Boston really is firing on all cylinders....they might be able to beat GS.....

Whoa whoa whoa... easy there tiger...

I'm not sure if this was just as bad a game the Cavs can play, or maybe they really aren't that good at all, and Toronto is just THAT bad against them.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Morris -- 7-12 from the field, 3-4 from 3 , 21 points, 10 rebounds, 1 turnover, +25

Lebron -- 5-16 from the field, 0-5 from 3, 15 points, 7 rebounds, 9 ast, 7 turnovers, -32

e9w9jt.jpg

I didn't see most of the game. What was the cause of Bron Bron's turnovers? Was he just throwing away passes? Or was he trying to back them down and the Cs slapping away the ball?