Name your top 5 regional/national cuisines

Patricio Swayze

No need to put them in order.

Texas BBQ
Brazilian BBQ
Tex-Mex (that includes tacos that are common in Texas like barbacoa, carnitas and al pastor)
Vietnamese
Lebanese

Just because you exclude something doesn’t mean you don’t love it. I’m just thinking about 5 regional cuisines I could go the rest of my life eating and be perfectly happy (even if my choices might kill me by age 60).

And go…

• Hook 'Em 1

Tex Mex- had street tacos from a hole-in-the-wall place today.  So glorious...

Italian

Homemade/ Grandma's Sunday Dinner( southern)

Cen-Tex BBQ

Japanese/ Korean/ Thai

Edited by slorch

It’s fascinating, but somewhat obvious, that people from Texas or the Gulf Coast often choose Vietnamese. I’m guessing people in Iowa have no idea what we are talking about.

Again, just because you exclude something doesn’t mean you don’t love it. Fuck, I love Thai, but I find myself eating Vietnamese more.

18 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Classic Ethiopian dish of lamb tips, red lentils, and injira bread I had the other day

F2646C5B-D334-4BF7-B20A-FEA482B983BF.jpeg

Few years ago a friend and I were chatting up an Ethiopian cabbie in Vegas on a ride back to the hotel from a golf course.  We ended up having him take us to the place he recommended for Ethiopian food.  We got awaze tibs based on his recommendation.  Outstanding, and to my great surprise the Ethiopian bottled beer they served was way beyond expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1

Classic Ethiopian dish of lamb tips, red lentils, and injira bread I had the other day
F2646C5B-D334-4BF7-B20A-FEA482B983BF.thumb.jpeg.42469e6870a9461c315329969b6dcbdb.jpeg

I lived in DC for a year starting in 3
April 2001. I ate a lot of Ethiopian food, but honestly câmara remember the exact dishes. But I do remember being very surprised by how awesome Ethiopian food was.

All of mine are comfort foods, at least for me personally. In no order
1) Texas BBQ
2) Tex Mex
3) Cuban
4) Thai
5) New Orleans

Fuck…good ropa vieja is up there in the top
Favorite food lists.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No need to put them in order.

Texas BBQ
Brazilian BBQ
Tex-Mex (that includes tacos that are common in Texas like barbacoa, carnitas and al pastor)
Vietnamese
Lebanese

Just because you exclude something doesn’t mean you don’t love it. I’m just thinking about 5 regional cuisines I could go the rest of my life eating and be perfectly happy (even if my choices might kill me by age 60).

And go…

Nailed it

• Hook 'Em 1

I can’t put them in order:

Mexican (Tex mex and interior Mexican)
Italian
Spanish
Turkish
Texas BBQ

Honestly everything on the Mediterranean is delicious. From Spanish to Moroccan and all the way around the basin. Plenty of overlap but also regional variation. Those people know how to eat.

Tex Mex- had street tacos from a hole-in-the-wall place today.  So glorious...
Italian
Homemade/ Grandma's Sunday Dinner( southern)
Cen-Tex BBQ
Japanese/ Korean/ Thai
Are street tacos Tex mex? I'm leaning towards no, Im sure they were good though

I"ve been California for the past 7 months and I miss Tex mex the most. I have not had a single cali mex meal that made me think, damn that was good.
Gulf coast seafood-cajun creole
Chinese, Sichuan/Cantonese
Texas BBQ very distant fourth, not really missing it like I thought I would
  • Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

😂 😒

Hide contents

Is this one or three?

Fusion, baby.   I knew it was shaky ground, but when I get the craving, any of the 3 will do. 

Mexican. Any kind. Don't give a shit. #1 by far.

Italian. Same thing. Idgaf. Trashy American Italian. North Italian. Seafood. Pizza. 

Thai. 

Soul food. Or any American fried, buttered goodness. Fried chicken. Mashed taters. CFS. Collard greens. Biscuits and gravy. 

Texas BBQ. Moist brisket and pork ribs at the top. And if you don't have as many pickles and onions as I want go fuck yourself. 

• Like 2