Gavin Newsom Recall

Horn Dogg

10 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Newsome should start busing all those homeless people to texas and florida

Well, I don't know about Newsom, but local entities are doing just that.   

For example, I live next to Oceanside CA, in N. San Diego County.  

Oceanside Police Department has a "Homeless Outreach Unit".  Weekly, they do a press release discussing how many homeless people they encountered, how many got motel vouchers, how many got referrals to counseling, drug treatment, etc.  And, quite often, they mention that they have provided bus tickets to "back home" for various individuals, where they have family, friends, or other support.   

Seems pretty sensible to me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Well, I don't know about Newsom, but local entities are doing just that.   

For example, I live next to Oceanside CA, in N. San Diego County.  

Oceanside Police Department has a "Homeless Outreach Unit".  Weekly, they do a press release discussing how many homeless people they encountered, how many got motel vouchers, how many got referrals to counseling, drug treatment, etc.  And, quite often, they mention that they have provided bus tickets to "back home" for various individuals, where they have family, friends, or other support.   

Seems pretty sensible to me.  

Do they say where "back home" is?

9 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I personally hope Newsom wins the Democratic nomination and Donny Trump Jr. wins the GOP nomination just to see a possible sloppy seconds put down in a presidential debate.

Moderator:  Gov. Newsome, your opening statement.  

Gov: Jr?  How’s my dick taste? 

• Haha 4

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm a leftie from CA.  But here's what hit me:  Gavin is a cool, confident customer for sure.  Handsome guy with a natural smile.  Working the salt and pepper hair.

Ron is a short guy wearing lifts in his shoes with his hair dyed.   His hair is 100% uniform color.  He has no confidence whatsoever.  This mothefucker is completely unconfortable in his own skin. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, I'm a leftie from CA.  But here's what hit me:  Gavin is a cool, confident customer for sure.  Handsome guy with a natural smile.  Working the salt and pepper hair.

Ron is a short guy wearing lifts in his shoes with his hair dyed.   His hair is 100% uniform color.  He has no confidence whatsoever.  This mothefucker is completely unconfortable in his own skin. 

He's the LenDale White to Elon's Reggie Bush of cringe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ready to bet my mortgage on this dude being the nominee in ‘28.

Yep. There is no rival at this point. I know the DEI crowd will hate that because it's another white, straight male, but he fits the bill and has the tools.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Yep. There is no rival at this point. I know the DEI crowd will hate that because it's another white, straight male, but he fits the bill and has the tools.

I like him okay, but its way too early to know what the field's gonna look like. He's a bit too moderate policywise for what we need. I'd like to see someone Casar's age or younger who can roll up their sleeves and deliver results for the working class.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I like him okay, but its way too early to know what the field's gonna look like. He's a bit too moderate policywise for what we need. I'd like to see someone Casar's age or younger who can roll up their sleeves and deliver results for the working class.

I think compared to 78-82 year olds, Gavin is going to come off as a whippersnapper. The only speaker/orator I've heard that can compete with Newsom is Mayor Pete (who I think is pound for pound better), but you could argue that Gavin has the better resume and experience. Pete and Gavin are like Oregon and Texas; you can make a good guess for both IMO. It looks like the R future might be Nikki Haley who Wall St. and businessmen have warmed up to.

But yea, 2028 might as well be a lifetime from now with the possibilities and things that can happen, technology moves things and ideas/people/situations at such a rapid pace these days.

47 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I think compared to 78-82 year olds, Gavin is going to come off as a whippersnapper. The only speaker/orator I've heard that can compete with Newsom is Mayor Pete (who I think is pound for pound better), but you could argue that Gavin has the better resume and experience. Pete and Gavin are like Oregon and Texas; you can make a good guess for both IMO. It looks like the R future might be Nikki Haley who Wall St. and businessmen have warmed up to.

But yea, 2028 might as well be a lifetime from now with the possibilities and things that can happen, technology moves things and ideas/people/situations at such a rapid pace these days.

Plus Texas should have several more national championships in football by than. Who knows how the world will react? 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Newsom's too liberal in some areas, but I'll take him over the long and undistinguished list of republican governors.

• State income tax is a bitch, but I don't mind paying it.
  • Property crimes, which are partly a result of homeless is an issue, but one can blame the weather and mental illness for the high number of homeless.
  • I don't care about large capacity magazines.
  • But damnit, I want a sports car, with a stick shift, that burns 93 octane gas, and that asshat has supported the ban on ICE by 2035 when I'll be prime mid-life crisis car buying mode.
  • Oh, and we'll need to build a whole lot more powerplants and fix the electrical grid because it already can't support summer heatwaves. Once the percentage of EVs goes from 25% to 100%, it's gonna get worse.

There was one incentive for DeSantis to participate---to prove he could look intelligent and worthy of higher office, I guess.  And he failed that.  Newsom came across as far, far more Presidential than DeSantis ever has (or will).

Getting mocked by polling numbers in the state of Florida from Newsom is gonna leave a permanent scar on Ron.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

51 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There was one incentive for DeSantis to participate---to prove he could look intelligent and worthy of higher office, I guess.  And he failed that.  Newsom came across as far, far more Presidential than DeSantis ever has (or will).

Getting mocked by polling numbers in the state of Florida from Newsom is gonna leave a permanent scar on Ron.

The bar is so low for DeSantis, he may have actually “won” in terms of his run for the GOP nominee. He and others can’t get Trump on the debate stage so he has to try something. Getting smoked by Newsom could be considered a win for DeSantis.  A handful of Trump supporters may just like hearing their own beliefs parroted back to them and in newsom’s face.

how is DeSantis still in the race? Isn’t he out of money yet?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The bar is so low for DeSantis, he may have actually “won” in terms of his run for the GOP nominee. He and others can’t get Trump on the debate stage so he has to try something. Getting smoked by Newsom could be considered a win for DeSantis.  A handful of Trump supporters may just like hearing their own beliefs parroted back to them and in newsom’s face.

how is DeSantis still in the race? Isn’t he out of money yet?

I was reading the big donors and bankers he was banking on to continue his campaign are thinking of putting their money on Haley instead. I think it’s a matter of time before he drops.

8 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The way Biden is being treated by the left will almost assuredly result in a more moderate candidate in 2028.

42 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I was reading the big donors and bankers he was banking on to continue his campaign are thinking of putting their money on Haley instead. I think it’s a matter of time before he drops.

Koch Network is putting their money behind Haley, so everybody else not named Trump will have to drop to save their war chests for 2028.

There's also rumors that the Koch money will be working against the hardcore MAGA/pro-Trumpers in Congress as well, trying to clear the slate for 2026/2028.  Shouldn't be too hard to kick some of those folks out of Congress, and if they knock out a few, the rest will fall in line.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, The Royal We said:

He can be a savage too. How’s that going for you, Ron? You’re down 41 points in your own state. 

Perfect pause: "How's that going for you... Ron..." And Ron breaks into an aw-shucks I-hate-myself grin.

How tall of a box was DeSantis standing on?

Gavin was flat out picking on Ron by that time, the way Ron is said to have picked on people in school.

Edited by RDCanecutter

58 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Koch Network is putting their money behind Haley, so everybody else not named Trump will have to drop to save their war chests for 2028.

There's also rumors that the Koch money will be working against the hardcore MAGA/pro-Trumpers in Congress as well, trying to clear the slate for 2026/2028.  Shouldn't be too hard to kick some of those folks out of Congress, and if they knock out a few, the rest will fall in line.

Boebert and Gaetz will be high value targets.  I hope they also get Gosar, Roy, MTG and others, 

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Gavin really dropped the ball on the education question.  He should have dragged the UC schools' balls across Ron's face. 

MAGA thinks higher education makes you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.  The more you know the dumber you sound to stupid people.

• Haha 2

This is the kill shot line nobody is talking about:

“We have one thing in common: Neither of us will be the nominee for our party in 2024.”

Gavin Newsom, the Democrat governor of California, in a Fox News debate with Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida last night. Newsom dropped the zinger suggesting that DeSantis would inevitably drop out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination because he was so far behind Donald Trump in the polls.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

This is the kill shot line nobody is talking about:

“We have one thing in common: Neither of us will be the nominee for our party in 2024.”

Gavin Newsom, the Democrat governor of California, in a Fox News debate with Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida last night. Newsom dropped the zinger suggesting that DeSantis would inevitably drop out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination because he was so far behind Donald Trump in the polls.

Wonder how much more money Ron will waste just so Gavin's prediction doesn't officially come true?

The people who make those door-knob-hangie-things gotta eat too.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Gavin fucks. Love that guy.

11 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Sign me up for Gavin POTUS/Pete VPOTUS ticket please.

• Like 1