Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

He did this after a 2nd woman came forward. The Washington Post article is paywalled but here is a summary from ESPN.  He’s done with baseball unless it’s a cons vs guards game. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32021389/trevor-bauer-received-second-protective-order-2020-dodgers-pitcher-denies-report-allegations%3Fplatform%3Damp

The guy certainly isn't a rocket scientist.  He's pulling in bank like no other, so does he choose to hit the high class areas, find a young single lawyer or executive chick to hook up with?  No, he plays with hoes who don't have a dime to their name.  What did he think would happen?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I obviously know nothing about the details of the case, and nobody deserves false allegations against them, but Tyler Bauer is a prime example of “don’t be a giant outspoken fucking douchebag because one day you might want people to give you the benefit of the doubt.”

You can't be a real preacher if you don't hit rock bottom...

My wager is that he'll be proselytizing to us again in no time...

26 minutes ago, freyguy said:

The guy certainly isn't a rocket scientist.  He's pulling in bank like no other, so does he choose to hit the high class areas, find a young single lawyer or executive chick to hook up with?  No, he plays with hoes who don't have a dime to their name.  What did he think would happen?

Where do you find young female lawyers and executives who like to be punched and choked out?  Do they place ads in the WSJ and Harvard Law Review?

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, freyguy said:

What he wanted to happen, the ability to beat the shit out of them for his enjoyment.

So the TRO was lifted as it should have been. I can’t fathom how a jury would criminally convict when he has messages from her after the first encounter and before the second saying Choke me out and bring the pain, and there is text messages from her to her friends saying she’s got her hooks in him and she’s messing with his head. There’s no way there’s beyond a reasonable doubt there- looks like they might not even get the police to charge. 
so- what does baseball do?  This isn’t domestic violence it’s violent consensual sex between him and a woman who represented herself as a pro and consented to said rough sex. Also- Bauer is incredibly unlikeable and a media pariah. They will be out for blood if baseball doesn’t do anything. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So the TRO was lifted as it should have been. I can’t fathom how a jury would criminally convict when he has messages from her after the first encounter and before the second saying Choke me out and bring the pain, and there is text messages from her to her friends saying she’s got her hooks in him and she’s messing with his head. There’s no way there’s beyond a reasonable doubt there- looks like they might not even get the police to charge. 
so- what does baseball do?  This isn’t domestic violence it’s violent consensual sex between him and a woman who represented herself as a pro and consented to said rough sex. Also- Bauer is incredibly unlikeable and a media pariah. They will be out for blood if baseball doesn’t do anything. 

I don’t know but it’s great.  Because fuck Bauer.  Fuck this crazy bitch.  Fuck baseball.  The media?  Fuck them too.  

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don’t know but it’s great.  Because fuck Bauer.  Fuck this crazy bitch.  Fuck baseball.  The media?  Fuck them too.  

If by baseball you mean the people who run the sport and not the game itself then yep. Absolutely all the way all of this stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

in her texts, the girl said that the only things off limits were anal sex and fingers down her throat, and that she wanted to be punched. this is exactly what Bauer claimed from the beginning- that he had text messages which would prove that he only did what she asked for. of course none of this will change anyone in this thread's mind even one minuscule iota, but that was always a given.

now then- the tone and theme of this thread is that Trevor Bauer is an actual piece of shit human being who deserves bad things to happen to him. that's been made abundantly clear here, to the point where the majority of this thread is 100% on board with him going down for sexual assault even if he's innocent. well, you guys have all painted him out to be the actual devil. time to explain yourselves. you all were soooooo vociferous about what a piece of human shit he is. explain why you believe that. but uh, spoiler alert- if your reasoning is sports related, and doesn't involve him physically or mentally harming people for fun/committing felonies, then you're a bigger douchebag  than trevor bauer and you take sports way too seriously. also an 85% chance that you're a butthurt astros fan. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Derka’s caps lock must be broken.

Yeah, I have a problem with someone who gets off on punching and choking out women, consensual or not. And Tyler’s personality makes him easy to root against. And you better believe that it isn’t only Astros fans who feel this way. 

26 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Derka’s caps lock must be broken.

Yeah, I have a problem with someone who gets off on punching and choking out women, consensual or not. And Tyler’s personality makes him easy to root against. And you better believe that it isn’t only Astros fans who feel this way. 

Yet you rooted for Osuna.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

At this point I feel like Bauer should be reinstated based on what we know now.  If more comes to light or criminal charges are filed then he goes back on the shelf.  It seems at best the woman wanted to get kinky and rough but then changed her mind after the fact.  Worst case scenario is she asked for and did all of this with the intention of then extorting Bauer and when public when that fell through.  Either way I wouldn't want anything to do with Bauer on my team considering he was a willing participant in hurting a woman.

The butthurt from Astros fans on here is simply from Bauer calling them out for cheating.  If it was really about the abuse there would have been a lot more outrage over Osuna pitching for them than there was.  (Some were outraged)  Calling him Tyler is very aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

in her texts, the girl said that the only things off limits were anal sex and fingers down her throat, and that she wanted to be punched. this is exactly what Bauer claimed from the beginning- that he had text messages which would prove that he only did what she asked for. of course none of this will change anyone in this thread's mind even one minuscule iota, but that was always a given.

now then- the tone and theme of this thread is that Trevor Bauer is an actual piece of shit human being who deserves bad things to happen to him. that's been made abundantly clear here, to the point where the majority of this thread is 100% on board with him going down for sexual assault even if he's innocent. well, you guys have all painted him out to be the actual devil. time to explain yourselves. you all were soooooo vociferous about what a piece of human shit he is. explain why you believe that. but uh, spoiler alert- if your reasoning is sports related, and doesn't involve him physically or mentally harming people for fun/committing felonies, then you're a bigger douchebag  than trevor bauer and you take sports way too seriously. also an 85% chance that you're a butthurt astros fan. 

Only a fucking idiot would simp this hard for a transphobic, MAGAt, misogynistic, narcissistic piece of shit who enjoys punching women while having sex with them and has displayed a pattern of behavior wherein he routinely harasses women online. The hearing yesterday had nothing to do with the criminality of his conduct but whether he represents an ongoing threat to the woman to extent that the protective order should be extended.

None of us are "100% on board with him going down for sexual assault even if he's innocent," but I do hope his career is ruined in baseball because he is such a insufferable douchebag, a liar, and he clearly has a problem with women. The texts do not change the fact that this mfer punched her in the face after choking her out during sex. It's irrelevant whether or not she encouraged it in their texts....do you understand role play? Bauer is a deeply disturbed individual. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Only a fucking idiot would simp this hard for a transphobic, MAGAt, misogynistic, narcissistic piece of shit who enjoys punching women while having sex with them and has displayed a pattern of behavior wherein he routinely harasses women online. The hearing yesterday had nothing to do with the criminality of his conduct but whether he represents an ongoing threat to the woman to extent that the protective order should be extended.

None of us are "100% on board with him going down for sexual assault even if he's innocent," but I do hope his career is ruined in baseball because he is such a insufferable douchebag, a liar, and he clearly has a problem with women. The texts do not change the fact that this mfer punched her in the face after choking her out during sex. It's irrelevant whether or not she encouraged it in their texts....do you understand role play? Bauer is a deeply disturbed individual. 

Don't be judgy on people's kinks man. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

... do you really think the hate for Bauer began with the Astros shit?

He's been hated by other players in every single clubhouse he's ever been in.  

He spent 12 hours harassing a female college student on twitter and encouraged his followers to participate as well.

[no CR]

Spoiler

He's a MAGA-loving, climate change denying, birth certificate truther.

[/no CR]

Hell, even his objectively good deeds are tainted by his obnoxious personality.  At 27 years old, he decided to break up his charitable donations into $420.69 increments.

If he wasn't good at throwing a baseball, he'd be one of those incels who spends 18 hours a day on 4chan with a pepe the frog sticker on his truck.

If he truly was a victim of false accusations, then I hope the legal system plays out in his favor.  But I couldn't care less if this douchebag's career is over.  More time to play with drones now.

In conclusion: Fuck Bauer.

(An aside: sports fandom has never been rational and to act like schadenfreude is unique to Astros fans is laughable.  The entire league has made Altuve the face of the cheating scandal despite video evidence and passionate teammate denials saying otherwise.  Logic goes out the window when it comes to who sports fans root against. So to act like we need to produce a highly sourced thesis as to why we hate this fucking guy is insane.)

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 5

On 8/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, freyguy said:

A hoe who is a recovering alkie with low self esteem.  It does hold some promise, but high risk high reward

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

... do you really think the hate for Bauer began with the Astros shit?

He's been hated by other players in every single clubhouse he's ever been in.  

He spent 12 hours harassing a college female student on twitter and encouraged his followers to participate as well.

[no CR]

Reveal hidden contents

He's a MAGA-loving, climate change denying, birth certificate truther.

[/no CR]

Hell, even his objectively good deeds are tainted by his obnoxious personality.  At 27 years old, he decided to break up his charitable donations into $420.69 increments.

If he wasn't good at throwing a baseball, he'd be one of those incels who spends 18 hours a day on 4chan with a pepe the frog sticker on his truck.

If he truly was a victim of false accusations, then I hope the legal system plays out in his favor.  But I couldn't care less if this douchebag's career is over.  More time to play with drones now.

In conclusion: Fuck Bauer.

(An aside: sports fandom has never been rational and to act like schadenfreude is unique to Astros fans is laughable.  The entire league has made Altuve the face of the cheating scandal despite video evidence and passionate teammate denials saying otherwise.  Logic goes out the window when it comes to who sports fans root against. So to act like we need to produce a highly sourced thesis as to why we hate this fucking guy is insane.)

I don't think anyone is arguing that he's not a total douche asshole, he clearly is.  Altuve is the face of the cheating scandal because he's the face of the Astros franchise.

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that he's not a total douche asshole, he clearly is.  Altuve is the face of the cheating scandal because he's the face of the Astros franchise.

I mean, someone is.

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

well, you guys have all painted him out to be the actual devil. time to explain yourselves. you all were soooooo vociferous about what a piece of human shit he is. explain why you believe that. 

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

It always amuses me when a Red Sox fan uses the Astros cheating scandal in an argument when they have Alex Cora as their manager. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It always amuses me when a Red Sox fan uses the Astros cheating scandal in an argument when they have Alex Cora as their manager. 

I simply said that the only reason Altuve has been portrayed as the face of the cheating scandal is because he's the face of the franchise.  I in no way used the cheating scandal in an argument.  You are far too emotional involved in the Astros.

No CR but it’s also hilarious seeing these snowflakes upset that Bauer might’ve been a trump supporter, like trump wouldn’t get a unanimous standing ovation if he walked on the field at MMP. There’s a few ballparks that wouldn’t happen in.

And they were ok with taking a wife-beating pitcher and that overt sexist in the front office, but some dude supporting a president they don’t like? Line drawn. Seriously, go back and read how ferverently they all defended Taubman and Osuna back in 2019. Fucking sad. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2