Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No CR but it’s also hilarious seeing these snowflakes upset that Bauer might’ve been a trump supporter, like trump wouldn’t get a unanimous standing ovation if he walked on the field at MMP. There’s a few ballparks that wouldn’t happen in.

And they were ok with taking a wife-beating pitcher and that overt sexist in the front office, but some dude supporting a president they don’t like? Line drawn. Seriously, go back and read how ferverently they all defended Taubman and Osuna back in 2019. Fucking sad. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And they were ok with taking a wife-beating pitcher and that overt sexist in the front office, but some dude supporting a president they don’t like? Line drawn. Seriously, go back and read how ferverently they all defended Taubman and Osuna back in 2019. Fucking sad. 

I will pay you Aaron Judge's salary if you can find "fervent support" of Brandon fucking Taubman on any iteration of this website. 

Or any discernable difference in how we treated Osuna vs. how Yankee fans treat Chapman.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not even kind of comparable. Chapman got booed off the mound yesterday at Yankee stadium, as he usually is. I’ve been annoyingly vocal about my hatred of him. If he was even remotely kind of good I might be more conflicted, but he’s so terrible I guess we’ll never know. Fucker couldn’t protect a 4 run lead last night and Luetge had to bail him out. He makes it very easy to hate him given how bad of a pitcher he has become. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Not even kind of comparable. Chapman got booed off the mound yesterday at Yankee stadium, as he usually is. I’ve been annoyingly vocal about my hatred of him. If he was even remotely kind of good I might be more conflicted, but he’s so terrible I guess we’ll never know. Fucker couldn’t protect a 4 run lead last night and Luetge had to bail him out. He makes it very easy to hate him given how bad of a pitcher he has become. 

Getting booed because of poor play is different than getting booed because you hit women.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I will pay you Aaron Judge's salary if you can find "fervent support" of Brandon fucking Taubman on any iteration of this website. 

Or any discernable difference in how we treated Osuna vs. how Yankee fans treat Chapman.

He's just lying through his yellowed Yankee fan teeth. Please go find this "fervent support" you speak of and share it with us. 

Nobody gave a fuck shit about Brandon Taubman and certainly not enough to defend him in any way. Many Astros fans were vocal from the outset about the mistake of signing Osuna because of the DV issue.  Many others were vocal about him because of him sucking in big moments (not unlike Chapman). But to pretend as if Astros fans in general or on this board went out of their way to defend Osuna against his critics because of his domestic violence charge is a total lie. Fuck off Helo. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That isn't why you should hate him.

in her texts, the girl said that the only things off limits were anal sex and fingers down her throat, and that she wanted to be punched. this is exactly what Bauer claimed from the beginning- that he had text messages which would prove that he only did what she asked for. of course none of this will change anyone in this thread's mind even one minuscule iota, but that was always a given.
now then- the tone and theme of this thread is that Trevor Bauer is an actual piece of shit human being who deserves bad things to happen to him. that's been made abundantly clear here, to the point where the majority of this thread is 100% on board with him going down for sexual assault even if he's innocent. well, you guys have all painted him out to be the actual devil. time to explain yourselves. you all were soooooo vociferous about what a piece of human shit he is. explain why you believe that. but uh, spoiler alert- if your reasoning is sports related, and doesn't involve him physically or mentally harming people for fun/committing felonies, then you're a bigger douchebag  than trevor bauer and you take sports way too seriously. also an 85% chance that you're a butthurt astros fan. 

835ae97d413ce4ff174add605ef1e3f0.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t care enough to go back and search but i know most of y’all were siding with Taubman in that whole situation, and joining the Astros in attacking apstein’s character. I will say the Osuna thing was more of a split. 

maybe caring more would improve your shitty memory. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fervent support does not constitute a fucking Icono post that had more "fuck you" reacts than anything else.  (And I suspect you agree, otherwise you wouldn't have cropped the screenshot the way you did.)

I didn't realize it was Icono -- it said the poster was "GHOSTUSER."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

What’s this “Tyler” thing come from? Seems extremely Aggie-like if you think that’s a clever insult. Then again I expect nothing less from Astros fans.

it was a fun back and forth between bregman and bauer. bauer played along because he knew laughing it off would be a better look. calling things aggie-like without knowing the context is very helo-like. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4a1c37cbf67a337d0c98af5b84d2cc90.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

without making this political, go check the harris county election results and explain how trump gets a unanimous standing o.

that situation happens in literally zero stadiums. 

True, he would get plenty of boos.  And boos tend to carry.

44 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t care enough to go back and search but i know most of y’all were siding with Taubman in that whole situation, and joining the Astros in attacking apstein’s character. I will say the Osuna thing was more of a split. 

This is made up. 

spacer.png

No CR but it’s also hilarious seeing these snowflakes upset that Bauer might’ve been a trump supporter, like trump wouldn’t get a unanimous standing ovation if he walked on the field at MMP. There’s a few ballparks that wouldn’t happen in.

Nobody was happy about Osuna coming over in 2019 on the Astros thread.  The most he got was "I guess I hope he's lock down in the 9th b/c this is a real shit burger of a situation to put your fans in- bringing in a domestic violence closer".  Of course- as a Yankee fan you know all about that.  You guys are practically writing the book on the deal so never change and continue to be oblivious like you always are. 

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

... do you really think the hate for Bauer began with the Astros shit?

He's been hated by other players in every single clubhouse he's ever been in.  

He spent 12 hours harassing a female college student on twitter and encouraged his followers to participate as well.

[no CR]

Reveal hidden contents

He's a MAGA-loving, climate change denying, birth certificate truther.

[/no CR]

Hell, even his objectively good deeds are tainted by his obnoxious personality.  At 27 years old, he decided to break up his charitable donations into $420.69 increments.

If he wasn't good at throwing a baseball, he'd be one of those incels who spends 18 hours a day on 4chan with a pepe the frog sticker on his truck.

If he truly was a victim of false accusations, then I hope the legal system plays out in his favor.  But I couldn't care less if this douchebag's career is over.  More time to play with drones now.

In conclusion: Fuck Bauer.

(An aside: sports fandom has never been rational and to act like schadenfreude is unique to Astros fans is laughable.  The entire league has made Altuve the face of the cheating scandal despite video evidence and passionate teammate denials saying otherwise.  Logic goes out the window when it comes to who sports fans root against. So to act like we need to produce a highly sourced thesis as to why we hate this fucking guy is insane.)

thank you. this is what i was looking for. something non-sports related to back up the "human POS" claims. and while i still wouldn't go that far based on the stuff in this post (he still seems more like tool/dbag than a human POS), it at least sheds some more light as to why people might really not like this guy for reasons other than, "Gerrit Cole thinks he's a dbag and he talked shit about the astros." 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

You're full of shit.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

thank you. this is what i was looking for. something non-sports related to back up the "human POS" claims. and while i still wouldn't go that far based on the stuff in this post, it at least sheds some more light as to why people might really not like this guy for reasons other than, "Gerrit Cole thinks he's a dbag and he talked shit about the astros." 

Did you miss him accusing other pitchers of cheating for years only to be found to be one of the biggest benefactors of using sticky stuff?  At least Barry Bonds had the self respect to not bitch about other hitters using hgh.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

thank you. this is what i was looking for. something non-sports related to back up the "human POS" claims. and while i still wouldn't go that far based on the stuff in this post (he still seems more like tool/dbag than a human POS), it at least sheds some more light as to why people might really not like this guy for reasons other than, "Gerrit Cole thinks he's a dbag and he talked shit about the astros." 

honestly when he was going back and forth with bregman/lmj, i thought it was fun.  the shit talking (along with us just repeatedly demoralizing the indians) was ~light-hearted.  but he has long been seen as either an oddball (somewhere on the spectrum and has trouble interacting with people) or a super-douchebag (for reasons that have nothing to do with the astros).

it's clear this woman (or women) are not good people and clearly trying to take advantage, but i'm not ready to say bauer is clean in all this.  he has a high paying job playing a game and being in the public eye.  like many jobs, he has to be better than this or risk facing some shitty consequences.  i'm not going to go into the semantics of "when it's right to hit a woman even if she says it's ok" and it's consensual.  but no, i don't have a lot of sympathy for someone who is going through an uncomfortable time. 

he's not going to end up in prison, and i'm sure he'll get vastly overpaid soon for throwing a ball really hard.

as for anyone who just loves to pile on the astros or their fans, the distorted memories you have of osuna or taubman reactions are revisionist history or wishcasting.  i personally remember verlander's reaction to the osuna move, and having a discussion on this board about luhnow and whether he went to 2-3 players first like he should've, because the astros have such a tight-knit, family atmosphere clubhouse and i didn't want them jeopardizing that for a few saves. 

the guy was 23 and claimed to be getting help and rebuilding his life.  i was willing to wait to see if that happened, and yes, i absolutely cheered when he got outs because i want to win games.  i didn't go out and buy an osuna jersey and was completely ambivalent when he got hurt and became an ex-astro.  claiming that "everyone" defended osuna or taubman is just a lie.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Did you miss him accusing other pitchers of cheating for years only to be found to be one of the biggest benefactors of using sticky stuff?  At least Barry Bonds had the self respect to not bitch about other hitters using hgh.

ive already covered that here. according to bauer, when his open and repeated accusations of other pitchers fell on deaf ears he said "fuck it" and joined em. he even said that's what he was going to do, right before he did it and had the best season of his career. i was there for that, and i agreed with him, and thought it was hilarious. he was like, "ok, i'm gonna get sticky with it", and then went out and dominated like never before and got himself a huge contract. i enjoyed it. ive liked Bauer for a long time*, while i think that Rob Menfred sucks. i enjoyed seeing him stick it to Manfred. 

*the more i learn about him, the more i'm easing off of that. pretty hard for me to get behind punching women, even if it's consensual. you gotta be pretty sick to get off on that. 

Edited by shadow_operative

12 minutes ago, kevwun said:

This is the same poster who was sucking Bauer's knob because of an in-game interview during a Sunday night ESPN telecast where Bauer lied to baseball fans everywhere with his "but they just told us to keep doing what we're doing!" schtick. Of course he missed that. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, royiv said:

Bauer has been an insufferable douchebag since his college days at UCLA. Not sure how that has anything to do with the Astros.

This is correct. Astros fans may unanimously hate him because of his public back-and-forth with Bregman, calling out Cole for sticky stuff, etc. But if there is anything that all baseball fans should be able to agree on, it’s that Trevor Bauer is a grade-A fucking unlikeable douchebag. 

We’re talking about a guy whose college teammates disliked him. Who has had public temper tantrums and that aforementioned Twitter bullying episodes. When writers and talking heads spoke of his free agency last winter, they always had to discuss how he’d impact team chemistry. They don’t mention that with other guys - not even that horrible cheater George Springer. Bauer objectively sucks. 

If I was to hate anyone because I’m a “butthurt Astros fan” it would be Juan Soto or Rendon or Scherzer or Strasburg because losing that series stung. But nobody has anything against those guys. Hell, Soto may be my favorite player to watch, at least at the plate. Trevor Bauer has never impacted the Astros in any meaningful way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

rank these guys in order, from shittiest person, to the least shitty person:

Aubrey Huff, John Rocker, Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Trevor Bauer

go 

This is an exercise in stupidity because derka is not listed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

rank these guys in order, from shittiest person, to the least shitty person:

Aubrey Huff, John Rocker, Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Trevor Bauer

go 

Robin Ventura

On 8/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, Helobious said:

like trump wouldn’t get a unanimous standing ovation if he walked on the field at MMP. 

Oh, the city that elected a lesbian mayor to multiple terms and whose county has been won by the Democratic presidential candidate in the past four presidential elections? 

Your projection is strong here. There was one part of TX that increased its support for Trump from 2016 to 2020 and it wasn’t my neck of the woods. 

• Haha 1