Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

On 8/14/2021 at 7:39 PM, freyguy said:

The guy certainly isn't a rocket scientist.  He's pulling in bank like no other, so does he choose to hit the high class areas, find a young single lawyer or executive chick to hook up with?  No, he plays with hoes who don't have a dime to their name.  What did he think would happen?

High class execs frown on ass play 

Based on latest ESPN article, dude is turbofucked.  Minimum one year suspension expected once all the dust settles from the criminal investigation.  And then some team is going to have to take a big risk allowing him to play.  He might never pitch in MLB again.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 8:41 AM, Hank Chinaski said:

He’s never going to learn that sometimes it’s best to just shut the fuck up, is he?

Exactly.  The Dodgers are apparently considering bringing him back if the DA doesn't pursue charges, especially if MLB doesn't suspend him for much time and they'll be on the hook for his $45 mil or whatever it is.  With shit like this, they may want an addendum to his deal whereby he agrees to stay the fuck off of ALL social media.

22 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Didn't want to start a different one, I figured this was as good a thread as any to put this here....

LOL at Dodger fans and players lecturing other organizations while their team has apparently been the headquarters for sexual abuse. 

Puig Home Run GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

LOL at Dodger fans and players lecturing other organizations while their team has apparently been the headquarters for sexual abuse. 

Puig Home Run GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I mean I'm the captain of the USS Shut The Fuck Up Everyone Was Cheating And Your Team Was Cheating Too but similarly, the Astros traded for Roberto Osuna the following season. But I guess in terms of the 2017 season you're right. The Dodgers were sexually assaulting women all over L.A. but did you hear the Astros stole signs?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean I'm the captain of the USS Shut The Fuck Up Everyone Was Cheating And Your Team Was Cheating Too but similarly, the Astros traded for Roberto Osuna the following season. But I guess in terms of the 2017 season you're right. The Dodgers were sexually assaulting women all over L.A. but did you hear the Astros stole signs?

I remember reading back around that time that Luhnow badly wanted to draft that pedophile Oregon state pitcher. Thankfully there was one person in the front office with an ounce of morality that told him no. 

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I remember reading back around that time that Luhnow badly wanted to draft that pedophile Oregon state pitcher. Thankfully there was one person in the front office with an ounce of morality that told him no. 

It had nothing to do with morality. Im they figured they couldn’t fade the bad pub or deal with the optics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Right, but the Astros got dragged through the media for it while the Dodgers were allowed BY MLB APPARENTLY to keep it a secret and preserve their pristine, lily white reputation for Joe Buck to masturbate to.

See also: trash cans and Apple watches.

Fuck MLB.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Right, but the Astros got dragged through the media for it while the Dodgers were allowed BY MLB APPARENTLY to keep it a secret and preserve their pristine, lily white reputation for Joe Buck to masturbate to.

See also: trash cans and Apple watches.

Fuck MLB.

There’s a big difference in the two situations.

6 minutes ago, txhorns said:

There’s a big difference in the two situations.

You're right.  Osuna was cleared of his allegation and it was public.  Puig paid off these women and it was private.

The message is clear: if you play for the Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers, MLB will go out of its way to keep your cheating and assaults of women out of the public eye to protect the good names of its cash cows.

However, if you play for the Blue Jays or the Astros, MLB and it's puppets at the ESPN baseball desk will destroy you.  

The disappointing part is that about 2/3 of baseball viewers can't see it.  Because it's pretty obvious.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

You're right.  Osuna was cleared of his allegation and it was public.  Puig paid off these women and it was private.

The message is clear: if you play for the Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers, MLB will go out of its way to keep your cheating and assaults of women out of the public eye to protect the good names of its cash cows.

However, if you play for the Blue Jays or the Astros, MLB and it's puppets at the ESPN baseball desk will destroy you.  

The disappointing part is that about 2/3 of baseball viewers can't see it.  Because it's pretty obvious.

The fact that you think Osuna was innocent means that you are far too biased to discuss this with rationally.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

When you have to resort to putting words in someone's mouth to try to salvage your point, you've already lost.

Have a good day anyway.

You stated that he was cleared, thus implying that he was innocent.  At no point was he cleared by anyone.  Charges were filed, he was arrested, he was suspended for 75 games and then he accepted a plea deal with the Canadian authorities.  That’s the opposite of being cleared.  Players and the Player’s Association don’t typically accept suspensions unless they know it’s a case they can’t possibly win.  

The problem for the Astros was that they traded for him During the middle of his suspension.  Then they doubled down when a front office employee yelled at female employees about it and the organization initially denied the encounter.

The assumptions that the MLB protected the Dodgers but not the Astros in a thread dedicated to the league suspending a Dodger player are asinine.  The big difference in the two cases is that when Puig was initially approached about the accusations he paid the women off immediately instead of fighting it.  That kept it out of the public eye thus eliminating any public backlash.  None of the professional sports league care about the actual accusations as much as they do about their public image.  That goes for college teams as well.

• Hook 'Em 5

23 hours ago, txhorns said:

The problem for the Astros was that they traded for him During the middle of his suspension.  Then they doubled down when a front office employee yelled at female employees about it and the organization initially denied the encounter.

*reporters

23 hours ago, txhorns said:

The assumptions that the MLB protected the Dodgers but not the Astros in a thread dedicated to the league suspending a Dodger player are asinine.  The big difference in the two cases is that when Puig was initially approached about the accusations he paid the women off immediately instead of fighting it.  That kept it out of the public eye thus eliminating any public backlash.  None of the professional sports league care about the actual accusations as much as they do about their public image.  That goes for college teams as well.

agree with you there

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 3:42 PM, txhorns said:

You stated that he was cleared, thus implying that he was innocent.  At no point was he cleared by anyone.  Charges were filed, he was arrested, he was suspended for 75 games and then he accepted a plea deal with the Canadian authorities.  That’s the opposite of being cleared.  Players and the Player’s Association don’t typically accept suspensions unless they know it’s a case they can’t possibly win.  

Stating that someone is cleared of charges, whether he's cleared because they were dropped or because a court found him not guilty or a prosecutor decided there wasn't enough evidence to go to court or whatever, does not "imply" innocence.  I think Osuna's probably a piece of shit and I wasn't happy when the Astros signed him.

But, Osuna's charges were dropped with nothing more than an agreement that the accused would stay away from the accuser.

On the other hand, Puig paid his accusers off immediately.  And you act as if he should get some sort of credit for that or as if the guy who immediately wrote some checks is somehow less guilty than the guy who fought the charges and at the end of the day got a better legal settlement. 

Yet Osuna got destroyed by MLB and the Astros got destroyed by the baseball press for doing business with him, while Puig got off scot-free and the Dodgers were allowed by MLB to cover the whole thing up.

If you don't see the difference there, you just don't want to.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...