Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

Gerrit Cole is the exact same person as Trevor Bauer, just without the courage and backbone to be himself publicly. 

I dunno about the same person bit, who really knows.

And what you see as courage… I think someone like Bauer takes these positive traits but takes it to a more negative version. Arrogance instead of confidence. Courageous but with a self-serving goal and no sense of empathy for others.

• 9 months later...
11 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Maybe one day Bauer will reflect on his a career and think to himself, “huh, perhaps if I wasn’t always such an insufferable fucking jackoff douchebag, I would have gotten everything I could out of my baseball career and perhaps I’d be memorable for something other than strangling women. Perhaps if I could have figured out that I should just shut the fuck up sometimes and not be a perpetual attention-craving, petulant titty-baby, things could have turned out better.”

(Note: He won’t ever have the self-awareness for that type of reflection, he’ll always tell himself that it’s all everyone else’s fault.)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Maybe one day Bauer will reflect on his a career and think to himself, “huh, perhaps if I wasn’t always such an insufferable fucking jackoff douchebag, I would have gotten everything I could out of my baseball career and perhaps I’d be memorable for something other than strangling women. Perhaps if I could have figured out that I should just shut the fuck up sometimes and not be a perpetual attention-craving, petulant titty-baby, things could have turned out better.”

(Note: He won’t ever have the self-awareness for that type of reflection, he’ll always tell himself that it’s all everyone else’s fault.)

He's going to make more money for doing nothing than you will in your entire life. Take the L. He's not defined by this and it wasn't really anything wild he was just into a weird kink that he had too much exposure on. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

He's going to make more money for doing nothing than you will in your entire life. Take the L. He's not defined by this and it wasn't really anything wild he was just into a weird kink that he had too much exposure on. 

What a truly terrible take this is. SMH

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

He has certainly already made more money for doing nothing the last year and a half than I will in my lifetime; I’m not sure what that has to do with anything, or “taking the L” (whatever the fuck that means). It doesn’t change the fact that he’s ruined his MLB career because his “weird kink” involves beating the shit out of women. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

None of that mattered much.  Just the choking.

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

He has certainly already made more money for doing nothing the last year and a half than I will in my lifetime; I’m not sure what that has to do with anything, or “taking the L” (whatever the fuck that means). It doesn’t change the fact that he’s ruined his MLB career because his “weird kink” involves beating the shit out of women. 

Some people like their balls stepped on too. He's not outwardly beating women and he's not beating people who aren't asking him to beat them. Just because you "don't get it" doesn't mean he's a malicious abusive and bad person. He hasn't denied shit and has been super open about the whole thing throughout the entire process. 

3 hours ago, immamac said:

worst use of “take the L” in the history of the phrase. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Some people like their balls stepped on too. He's not outwardly beating women and he's not beating people who aren't asking him to beat them. Just because you "don't get it" doesn't mean he's a malicious abusive and bad person. He hasn't denied shit and has been super open about the whole thing throughout the entire process. 

Look, I’m not going to pretend that I’m objective when it comes to this guy - he has pretty much every attribute I abhor in people: arrogant, zero humility, victim complex, loudmouth, attention seeking, childish, self-congratulatory, etc. We all know people like this, and they’re almost always insecure, full of shit and generally a drag to about around.

But he has been accused specifically of being an abusive person, by multiple people. He has denied that he did anything that was extra-consensual in all cases. Maybe he really did nothing wrong, maybe he did - no idea. I tend to think he probably crossed some line, but maybe that’s because I think he sucks in general and it seems on brand.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, txhorns said:

Some team will pick him up and he will be pretty good but not great.

I thought the same but have read numerous quotes suggesting he’s really untouchable.  We’ll see.  The Dodgers thought long and hard about it, as a frontline starter is at the top of the needs list right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, immamac said:

You tryin to tell us something here?

• Haha 2

I still don't know much about him, and all the hate he generates. So I ran across this piece from a few years ago. He's a different kind of dude.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young#gid=ci0254ea9900002511&pid=trevor-bauer-pitching-overhead-tall2jpg

9 hours ago, DougO said:

I still don't know much about him, and all the hate he generates. So I ran across this piece from a few years ago. He's a different kind of dude.

He's a dude who really doesn't have any athleticism at all, who made himself into a MLB pitcher by studying the physics of pitching.  A lot of what he learned from studying went completely against the conventional wisdom of pitching, which of course really bothered just about everyone else in the game.  The fact that he has basically zero social skills didn't help.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He's a dude who really doesn't have any athleticism at all, who made himself into a MLB pitcher by studying the physics of pitching.  A lot of what he learned from studying went completely against the conventional wisdom of pitching, which of course really bothered just about everyone else in the game.  The fact that he has basically zero social skills didn't help.  

He's a professional athlete lol 

10 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Anyone throwing mid to upper 90s is an athlete with at least one elite skill.

One of my little league teammates and longtime school classmate made the majors as a mid reliever. He wasn’t un-athletic but he wasn’t classically athletic either. He was super humble about making the majors. Said throwing a ball 90+ mph is just a random blessing from God and that from his experience there is no rhyme or reason to it. 
he didn’t pitch when we played together and played 2nd and batted 6th or 7th. Wasn’t all star in the league. Wasn’t top 3 or 4 guys on the team. Really really weird. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

One of my little league teammates and longtime school classmate made the majors as a mid reliever. He wasn’t un-athletic but he wasn’t classically athletic either. He was super humble about making the majors. Said throwing a ball 90+ mph is just a random blessing from God and that from his experience there is no rhyme or reason to it. 
he didn’t pitch when we played together and played 2nd and batted 6th or 7th. Wasn’t all star in the league. Wasn’t top 3 or 4 guys on the team. Really really weird. 

My own youth baseball career was the reverse -- I was usually the fastest guy on the team, very strong and one of the top three hitters, and so my coaches thought I must be able to pitch too. Not only was I wild AF but my velocity probably topped out at around 75 mph even in HS. No movement on anything. I did go out on a high note -- I struck out the side against Houston's Madison HS, VY's alma mater. Three straight dudes who looked like Urkel fell to my fearsome heat. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 6:08 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Like many athletic traits, to me arm strength is God given

12 hours ago, Massive Horn said:

Mike Clevinger the exact same person as Trevor Bauer, just without the courage and backbone to be himself publicly.

And also his best friend. 

This post is obviously from the sock account of someone previously banned for being an asshole. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

So the TRO was lifted as it should have been. I can’t fathom how a jury would criminally convict when he has messages from her after the first encounter and before the second saying Choke me out and bring the pain, and there is text messages from her to her friends saying she’s got her hooks in him and she’s messing with his head. There’s no way there’s beyond a reasonable doubt there- looks like they might not even get the police to charge. 
so- what does baseball do?  This isn’t domestic violence it’s violent consensual sex between him and a woman who represented herself as a pro and consented to said rough sex. Also- Bauer is incredibly unlikeable and a media pariah. They will be out for blood if baseball doesn’t do anything. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Nobody was happy about Osuna coming over in 2019 on the Astros thread.  The most he got was "I guess I hope he's lock down in the 9th b/c this is a real shit burger of a situation to put your fans in- bringing in a domestic violence closer".  Of course- as a Yankee fan you know all about that.  You guys are practically writing the book on the deal so never change and continue to be oblivious like you always are. 

On 1/8/2023 at 1:59 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know man- if he was anonymous as opposed to a prick outside of the choking I feel like there would be more people interested perhaps in facilitating a second chance. 

I’m pretty happy with how my contributions to this thread have aged. There’s a lot of people that probably owe Derka (and Trevor) a bit of an apology as this thing looks to be somewhere between total and mostly a scam. 
still will stick with my contention that he’s a complete asshole and if he wasn’t someone might have bothered to listen to him and maybe angled for a second chance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Geez. And the woman gets away with it because he settled? Seems like she should be criminally liable, at worst, for the false abuse claims and reports.

Seems like Trevor had the bad luck of being unlikable and having this happen to him during the MeToo movement of 2020/2021 when it was impossible to not believe the claims of a woman purporting to have been victimized. I wonder how much money this whole thing cost him.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:50 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

I obviously know nothing about the details of the case, and nobody deserves false allegations against them, but Tyler Bauer is a prime example of “don’t be a giant outspoken fucking douchebag because one day you might want people to give you the benefit of the doubt.”

Going back and reading the thread, this is basically the home run response.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow. I mean he is/has been a turd and a troll in social media for sure but that is a crazy story. One I’m sure has happened before and will again but we  don’t/wont hear about because guys just write the check. We live in a society where Cardi B brags about drugging guys and robbing them. I lived in Nashville for a while and there were musician chasers there for sure. I I went on tour with some guys I knew. Most you’ve heard of before. It gets pretty crazy. Luckily I wasn’t much of a target lol 

• Haha 1

I enjoy his videos when he is talking about baseball, something that I believe he is a subject matter expert in.  Like a lot of experts when he starts talking about something else he starts to go off the rails. I also think I might be tempted to punch him while he was sleeping if I had that chance, and certainly would not ride cross country in a car with him.

I'd be fine if he was an Astro and could perform.  I'd be fine if he could play anywhere else and not perform.

Edited by petscii