Top Date Night Spots

Washpark

On 4/29/2022 at 3:49 PM, Chips O'Toole said:

Catching an early dinner with the wife in South or Central Austin before a movie tonight. Looking for casual and not crazy expensive and not a long tasting affair. I haven't been eating out regularly since before the pandemic, so I am out of the loop on new places. 

Anything noteworthy in that vein?

Where did y'all end up going?

• 2 months later...

Any suggestions for someone that hasn't been to Austin in about 10yrs? Gonna be in town this weekend. I know of Eddie V's and Truluck's but that's about all i know for date night places. Usually when in Austin it's just drinking and bars. 

4 minutes ago, BERT said:

Any suggestions for someone that hasn't been to Austin in about 10yrs? Gonna be in town this weekend. I know of Eddie V's and Truluck's but that's about all i know for date night places. Usually when in Austin it's just drinking and bars. 

If you’re around downtown, Red Ash and Ebberly are great, but loud. #shakesfistatcloud

If you want to venture to the East Side, Rosewood is awesome.

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

If you’re around downtown, Red Ash and Ebberly are great, but loud. #shakesfistatcloud

If you want to venture to the East Side, Rosewood is awesome.

Yeah we’re airBnBing in some “fancy” apt downtown. Thanks for the info 

22 hours ago, BERT said:

where downtown?  do you want places within walking distance?

36 minutes ago, BERT said:

We'll be staying pretty much at Brazos and 5th. Doesn't have to be close by, i can drive or Uber if i must

You're about 4 blocks from Red Ash.  I've only been there once but the meal was outstanding.  You're also about the same distance if not closer to Comedor.  I've only been there for brunch, but the cocktails and food were fantastic. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BERT said:

We'll be staying pretty much at Brazos and 5th. Doesn't have to be close by, i can drive or Uber if i must

lots of bars there - CU29 on 7th and brazos, firehouse on 5th and brazos, roosevelt room on 5th, here nor there on 6th and brazos, small victory on 7th, etc.  for dining, vince youngs, parkside, hestia.  ive been itching to try the diner bar (7th and san jac) since the grey in savannah has always received such rave reviews.   ive also never tried lonesome dove, and i'm a sucker for southwest cuisine.

ATX Cocina is downtown, and my favorite restaurant in the city these days. Highly recommend. Mort Subite is great if you are looking to spend too much money drinking great Begian beer. Devil May Care has excellent Mediterranean food and starts to turn into a club if you dine later in the evening, can be fun if you are into that. 

Thanks for the info guys. It doesn't have to be a romantic spot, just a nice place with good food. The owner of the loft was nice enough to give her the run down on the restaurants and bars in the area. With that and y'alls help we should have plenty to choose from. 

and if anybody is gonna be downtown, hit me up. I'm always up for drinks with new assholes

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

How was it?  Went to the site and saw they have $50 off any tab above $150 if you signup for their email and claim thru some app.  Might try it next weekend.  

It was really good. We plan on going back. Go early before your reservation and get a drink and the downstairs bar.

• Like 1