2021-2022 hunting thread

markstanco

22 hours ago, deadshank said:

Have a flat tire to change but it’s Sunday at the Masters with Scotty trying to pull it off so the tire is gonna wait. 

19F5D409-1D92-4F80-9F72-3CA336A912B5.jpeg

Copenhagen, what a wad of flavor
Copenhagen, you can see it in my smile
Copenhagen, do yourself a favor chew
Copenhagen, drivin' pretty girls wild

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Switched to the ON? nic pouches. No tobacco and easy to hide in meetings, f2f stuff, etc.  And hide from wife....

Everybody, including me, brought some of that and the Zyn product this weekend.  Hard to get used to.

Also, you have to hide your Copenhagen and fauxbacco products from your wife?  Does she never buy a can for herself? Always mooching?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Everybody, including me, brought some of that and the Zyn product this weekend.  Hard to get used to.

Also, you have to hide your Copenhagen and fauxbacco products from your wife?  Does she never buy a can for herself? Always mooching?

LOL, keeps the squawking at bay....

On 4/10/2022 at 7:31 AM, crimsonlonghorn said:

La Niña, man. Except for that little sliver north of San Angelo, the whole western half of the state is dry. I used to not pay as much attention to it until I owned land of my own and now I'm checking the weather and the long term forecasts constantly. 

2101128086_ScreenShot2022-04-10at07_23_16.png.e4ada3bee46ed62cd0ad8d3839933e6c.png

La Nina is Spanish for The Nina

• Haha 3

Photos of my water stations. I need to paint everything green and build the roof for rainwater harvesting still. It fell to the back burner due to the cabin build out. The single tank needs its twin but the outlet fitting cracked in the freeze and I need to find another one.
1cda048b27f127630c0094acdbc03e1b.jpg7c6e66181eb60510eef34be4867902db.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Photos of my water stations. I need to paint everything green and build the roof for rainwater harvesting still. It fell to the back burner due to the cabin build out. The single tank needs its twin but the outlet fitting cracked in the freeze and I need to find another one.
1cda048b27f127630c0094acdbc03e1b.jpg7c6e66181eb60510eef34be4867902db.jpg

I’m going to try and replicate something similar to this in my pen soon. It’s just absurdly dry. Probably too late for this years bone but feel like I need to at least do something. 

My dumbass has been hauling corn bags up a ladder for years and it wasn't until today that I realized if I load the bags in the tractor I can just dump it in the feeder from an elevated point. Jesus I need to stop and look around every now and again. 

Edited by HOOKEM4
Ousux

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

My dumbass has been hauling corn bags up a ladder for years and it wasn't until today that I realized if I load the bags in the tractor I can just dump it in the feeder from an elevated point. Jesus I need to stop and look around every now and again. 

That one semester at texum aze muh nim done it to you. 

• Haha 1

Saw a nice buck run out of the loafing beds along the river tonight.  He still had his full headdress attached.  Quite odd for this late in the year. 

I had nine, NINE bucks come tearing across my pasture at the house a couple weeks ago. Anywhere from 4 to 8 points and maybe even one 9 or 10. Oh and it was 230 in the afternoon. Damnedest thing I’ve seen in a while
  • Hook 'Em 1

I had nine, NINE bucks come tearing across my pasture at the house a couple weeks ago. Anywhere from 4 to 8 points and maybe even one 9 or 10. Oh and it was 230 in the afternoon. Damnedest thing I’ve seen in a while

Yeah, at least a week ago, we were still seeing neighborhood bucks with their antlers still on. They’re starting to form their bachelor herds again.

1986 original tires finally couldn’t take another plug.  Splits between treads were laughable.  Last leak hole had 3 plugs in it.  Held enough air pressure to make one more lap around the camp lawn.   Pulled off wheels and tires with impact wrench.  2 nuts were seized up and the whole stud came out of the wheel attachment flange.   

I’m sure Kubota has some $99.99 proprietary stud for their wheels that they would love to sell me. What the heck and why bother when you have 5 other attachment points? It’s not as if I ever get over 5 MPH on the antique bucket of bolts.  

F6EFFAC7-E21B-4C2F-AF58-4E18738F3968.jpeg

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

1986 original tires finally couldn’t take another plug.  Splits between treads were laughable.  Last leak hole had 3 plugs in it.  Held enough air pressure to make one more lap around the camp lawn.   Pulled off wheels and tires with impact wrench.  2 nuts were seized up and the whole stud came out of the wheel attachment flange.   

I’m sure Kubota has some $99.99 proprietary stud for their wheels that they would love to sell me. What the heck and why bother when you have 5 other attachment points? It’s not as if I ever get over 5 MPH on the antique bucket of bolts.  

Lol, when I was a kid growing up in Garwood, that happened. We put the front end on a skateboard and rolled it up to Wilson Baumgartners blacksmith shop, and he fixed it.  Damn I’m old. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/16/2022 at 3:28 PM, deadshank said:

I worked at a golf course in high school and we had one of these to mow the deep rough.  I don't think it's possible to kill them.  We beat the shit out of that thing and it would just take it like a champ and keep on running.

• Hook 'Em 1

My man Johnny at AWT had new tires on the rims 4 hours after I dropped off the set.  Impressive turn around for a non-stocking, esoteric tire size used on a Kubota tractor / mower coming from a place that deals in high performance and also gaudy pimp-o-licious wheels and tires. 

6A075FBB-3752-4F6D-95FB-CC09BF4BEBF2.jpeg

• Like 1

Didn't pay attention too much when you posted originally but a couple of clicks on Kubotas part website

https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1239/figs/36819?active_part_ids=281520000&illust_index=0

and a rightclick copy paste the stud p/n pulls up Messick's website with an instock price of $6.  Says used on 66 models so high probability of stock at just about any Kubota dealer .

https://www.messicks.com/part/66591-56564/stud

1255403158_KubB5200dwheel.thumb.JPG.2b706c9e42f37264ca454f719336d8b7.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, davidg said:

Didn't pay attention too much when you posted originally but a couple of clicks on Kubotas part website

https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1239/figs/36819?active_part_ids=281520000&illust_index=0

and a rightclick copy paste the stud p/n pulls up Messick's website with an instock price of $6.  Says used on 66 models so high probability of stock at just about any Kubota dealer .

https://www.messicks.com/part/66591-56564/stud

1255403158_KubB5200dwheel.thumb.JPG.2b706c9e42f37264ca454f719336d8b7.JPG

Hey, thanks.  Already have Kubota dealer in Conroe shipping the part to me.  $16 drive off the lot with shipping costs of $10.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I noticed over the weekend that some of the wires had been stretched and pulled. In theory I should be pissed at these little buggers but it's so dry right now and there is so little for them to eat, it's hard to get mad. 

Then again, these are f-cking raccoons and I have no love for them, so yeah, while it may be hard, I'm still pissed. 

(please excuse the dust over the IR lens - the wind has been bad for the past week)

image.png.8c5d06a154cfdd4b26ffd4a5b14ad7dd.png

3 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Shank, we need some aerial photos and perhaps a diagram or map of your compound. I'm intrigued by every picture you post. 

A few years back one of our member's son shot a 170 class buck.  The member posted the pics of the buck on IG, hash tagged a bunch of key words, named the ranch and the pasture we lease.  I told him that is a really bad idea giving away that much detail. 

On cue, the owners of the ranch called me 3 or 4 days later to say they had been getting phone call inquiries about the place and blind offers from total strangers to double whatever we are paying. 

The owners declined the offers.  

Edited by deadshank
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, deadshank said:

A few years back one of our member's son shot a 170 class buck.  The member posted the pics of the buck on IG, hash tagged a bunch of key words, named the ranch and the pasture we lease.  I told him that is a really bad idea giving away that much detail. 

On cue, the owners of the ranch called me 3 or 4 days later to say they had been getting phone call inquiries about the place and blind offers from total strangers to double whatever we are paying. 

The owners declined the offers.  

That would be enough for me go scorched earth. Thank god you have good owners. What people, mostly young people, but to a degree all ages tend to forget is that laws/rules are for honest people. Nevermind the folks that wanted to take your spot from you, there were probably an equal if not greater amount of POS poachers looking to invade your place as well. Back in 2009 or 2010 we had a similar situation at our place. There was a bonafide 14 point buck spotted down in the bottoms on our place. Sure enough chatter at the cafe started up and it was absolute insanity. In two weeks time dad repaired cut fence 3x, caught one dude straight up asleep in his truck pulled over in the barditch with a deer rifle across his lap, and we found 4-wheeler tracks all over an area that has been inaccessible for years due to the bridge washing out. Also heard gunshots several times late at night that were entirely too close to be on the neighbors property. Somehow that buck made it through the rest of the season unscathed and sometime in early April he disappeared and was never seen again.

TLDR; I hate shit heads

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3