2021 NFL Eliminator Pool

BigOrange1

goddamnit. all week I was planning on taking the bills, which was the only obvious pick. woke up this morning, and got cute convincing myself to take the saints, and save the bills pick.  and then those cunts blew a 4th qtr 11 point lead. enjoy my money. fuck jameis. 

This has been an interesting season so far. There have been a bunch of close calls, but almost no big pick upsets. I’m in a couple of pools with $500k+ payouts and a lot of the people in the pools are still alive. Usually by now there have been massive cuts with surprise losses.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

This has been an interesting season so far. There have been a bunch of close calls, but almost no big pick upsets. I’m in a couple of pools with $500k+ payouts and a lot of the people in the pools are still alive. Usually by now there have been massive cuts with surprise losses.

Agreed. Although this week feels like there could be some winnowing. All the good teams are playing other good teams. Bad teams seem to be playing bad teams. We'll see what happens. 

2 hours ago, TheDude said:

Damn where do you get in pools of that size

There are a couple of brothers up north that run golf pools, football pools, baseball pools, etc. They are typically $100 buy ins and have several thousand participants. There is another guy that runs a ton of pools and squares with $100-$500+ buy ins depending on the pool with a lot of people in them. I’ve won off both and never had any issues with payouts.

• 2 weeks later...
That’s a massive loss by the Bengals with them up by 11 with less than 7 minutes to play. Luckily I didn’t play them anywhere other than a big parlay ML bet which just bent me over.
Down to 8 with 4 teams still to go with the Chiefs on Monday. I had mixed feelings with the Bengals division future I made last week, but oh well.

5 minutes ago, Brew said:

That’s a massive loss by the Bengals with them up by 11 with less than 7 minutes to play. Luckily I didn’t play them anywhere other than a big parlay ML bet which just bent me over.

To a backup QB, no less. Good luck to everyone still in the pool. 

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Our rules state tie advances….   It varies from different pools I guess, cause google said no.   That’s all folks, congrats to the winner.  

What? Tie is a loss in every pool I’ve ever played in. You have to win to advance.

• 8 months later...