2021 I don't give a fuck about your Fantasy Football Team thread

Baboontyme

Which ones of these guys would you consider the "safest bets" to live up to or close to Average player rankings? PPR 10 pt TD. Maybe give me top 2-3 in each category if you're feeling charitable.

WRs - Adams(WRTE1), D Hopkins (WRTE4), C Ridley (WRTE3), S Diggs (WRTE5), D Metcalf (WRTE6)

RBs - A Jones(RB7), Najee Harris (RB13), Chris Carson (RB14), CEH (RB15)

I'm not sure if the way I'm phrasing it makes sense. Basically I need to focus all of my draft capital on 2 of these guys. I already have Kamara. What should I target?

Edited by Baboontyme

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I just popped in to express my support for this thread title, like listening to RGBIII’s and immamac’s drinking stories. 

moments of sobriety actually cause them pain.

Found out today i have our #1 pick.  There was a day when that meant something.  This year, i feel like it is possibly the worst position from which to pick.  Really wouldn't want 1-4.  We'll see who drops to24-25 range...

Furk that is going to take forever.

38 minutes ago, slorch said:

Found out today i have our #1 pick.  There was a day when that meant something.  This year, i feel like it is possibly the worst position from which to pick.  Really wouldn't want 1-4.  We'll see who drops to24-25 range...

Furk that is going to take forever.

I don’t know man. CMC is pretty good lol. Lock it in and see who falls to you at the 2-3 turn

18 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know man. CMC is pretty good lol. Lock it in and see who falls to you at the 2-3 turn

Not sure how much tread is left there.  Not a fan of Rhule in the NFL, and Carolina has among the worst OL in the league but WTF do I know?

I might just fucking draft Zeke and roll with whatever Chiefs might be available at the turn.  I agree with you there, bigtime.

i would take Mahomes and Kelce or Edwards-Helaire if they are on the board.  Highly unlikely Kelce would be there at 24.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Not sure how much tread is left there.  Not a fan of Rhule in the NFL, and Carolina has among the worst OL in the league but WTF do I know?

I might just fucking draft Zeke and roll with whatever Chiefs might be available at the turn.  I agree with you there, bigtime.

i would take Mahomes and Kelce or Edwards-Helaire if they are on the board.  Highly unlikely Kelce would be there at 24.

I’ve seen leave projected in first

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’ve seen leave projected in first

With 8th pick, Adams almost certainly will be off the board at Wr1 and someone might pick Kelce or another WR before you go.  I'd take the best RB available at 8

Any feedback on this? If you had to build your team around 2 of these guys and A. Kamara, who would you go for? If I try to target Adams and Jones for example I'm sure that would cost me probably ~ 75-80% of my remaining auction funds. My current mindset is that these RBs are all fairly risky and it would be kind of dumb to spend like 30-40% of my remaining funds on one of these guys. Maybe I should go balls out for Adams and Hopkins and just find a relative scrub for RB2. Mike Davis. Darrell Henderson, etc. 

WRs - Adams(WRTE1), D Hopkins (WRTE4), C Ridley (WRTE3), S Diggs (WRTE5), D Metcalf (WRTE6)

RBs - A Jones(RB7), Najee Harris (RB13), Chris Carson (RB14), CEH (RB15)

This is how they rank in my scoring system (also PPR, but TDs are 10 pts)

1 1 Christian McCaffrey CAR 13 471.5  $ 76
2 2 Dalvin Cook MIN 7 370.1  $ 57
3 2 Derrick Henry TEN 13 353.4  $ 54
4 3 Alvin Kamara NO 6 349.8  $ 53
5 4 Ezekiel Elliott DAL 7 309.0  $ 45
6 4 Saquon Barkley NYG 10 307.8  $ 44
7 4 Aaron Jones GB 13 305.9  $ 44
8 4 Joe Mixon CIN 10 302.4  $ 43
9 4 Jonathan Taylor IND 14 296.0  $ 42
10 4 Antonio Gibson WAS 9 291.6  $ 42
11 4 Austin Ekeler LAC 7 290.2  $ 41
12 5 Nick Chubb CLE 13 271.3  $ 38
13 5 Najee Harris ® PIT 7 268.7  $ 37
14 5 Chris Carson SEA 9 260.8  $ 36
15 5 Clyde Edwards-Helaire KC 12 256.3  $ 35

I am intrigued by Gibson, if he is still there at 24 I’m strongly considering taking him. Already doing some mocks and about 2/3 of the time he has been there. The badass defense and using a running game to protect the quarterback sounds pretty damn productive.

Am I just overthinking Derrick Henry this year? I hate rbs who don’t catch the ball in ppr (especially in the top 5), and you’d think eventually Henry’s workload will catch up to him. I have the 4th pick in both main leagues that im in, and I’m essentially staring down Henry as pretty much the consensus 4th overall pick behind CMC, Cook, and Kamara 

On 8/25/2021 at 7:40 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Am I just overthinking Derrick Henry this year? I hate rbs who don’t catch the ball in ppr (especially in the top 5), and you’d think eventually Henry’s workload will catch up to him. I have the 4th pick in both main leagues that im in, and I’m essentially staring down Henry as pretty much the consensus 4th overall pick behind CMC, Cook, and Kamara 

I’m at five and have the same fear. 

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I will never understand why people think they need to have their draft in August

I think the short answer is people have lives outside of fantasy football, and not everyone can make the one week window of September 1st through September 9th when the nfl season starts

we have a 12 team league with members all over the state.

The draft lasts 2 hours at the very most.  It ain't hard to say, 'Okay, Tuesday night, i'm watching Shawshank again."   it's not hard to do a draft either.

now, I concede the point that players may not be serious, and that's totally fine.  Non-serious players shouldn't be raising a stink about preseason trades or injuries either, then, right?  Let's be honest, most of our friends have no fucking idea who Sony Michel is.

We draft the Saturday before Labor Day weekend every year. In person attendance is necessary aside from last year. Some dumbass who is friends with multiple league owners decided to get married in Pittsburgh on Saturday, so we moved it to Sunday this year only. I'm kind of excited for it. 

Going full bore after Adams and Hopkins. I will have a pool of $165 to spend. I'm hoping that I can get these two to pair with Kamara for about $120. With my remaining $45 I need to reserve $13 to fill out my roster. Theoretically my high bid could be $33 on a player at that point and I would have to fill my roster out with $1 players.

My pie in the sky scenario is to get Murray as my QB1 for maybe $12 and someone like James Robinson for $20. Fill it out with $1 sleepers. I would consider that a huge win. It won't happen. 

@Baboontyme I have played FF since the mid 90's. We have tweaked our scoring and different rules throughout the years, but have always done a complete redraft.  I have suggested keepers in the past and some of our older guys are  against it, for fear of getting further exposed,  All of our rule changes must be approved by 7 votes, and keepers always gets shot down.

The more some of y'all talk about auction leagues, the more I am intrigued. I think if I played in one, it would have to be free at first.  As reluctant as my longtime league is to take on major changes, we all know each other and there is zero shenanigans or bullshit allowed.  You will get fucked up if you try something shady, think 'Judges game' in Rounders.  

One of the big reasons we did not have a league last year was Covid and what it might do to a given week's draft capital and matchups.  We were so pumped about this season with vaccine and everything.  Crisis averted, right?  Yeah, not so much.  I said all of that because it seems to me that auction style drafting APPEARS to value draft capital on a given player even more,

Would you auction players agree?

Keepers were due yesterday in my auction league, Kelce and Waller both kept...so I'm at the crossroads of loading up for Kittle or settling for somebody in that next tier.  Might be a gametime decision based on my ability to land an elite guy.  10 team league, must play a TE, and I've got $167 left with Russell Wilson and Saquon Barkley rostered.

I love me some TE sleepers but our format is different with the WRTE position. 12 team league but I'm looking at guys like Jarwin, Tyler Higbee (no competition this year, better QB), even Cole Kmet. I will target these guys late for $1. Different game. 

We can keep 1 player from the previous year. It's $35 of your budget and if you keep him for more than 1 year, that goes up $5 every subsequent year.  We traded for Kamara last year to keep him this year. Last year's keeper was Derrick Henry. I drafted a team of Josh Allen, Henry, Saquon, Hopkins, DK Metcalf and a rotating crop of WRTE3s and  we won like 4 games. Probably the best team I've ever drafted. 

If you're playing for decent $$, I concur that auction is the only way to play. I don't do serpentine leagues anymore. There's no crying in auction. Everything is up to you until the games start. 

Yeah, we can keep up to 2, they cost you $5 more than previous year's cost, but guys that you pick up as free agents are $15.  My team was mediocre last year and unlikely to make a run, so on the last bye week (when roster spots get less valuable), I burned a good chunk of my FAAB on Barkley.  I have him under reasonable cost control until he's 30 now.  I just threw Zeke back this year, he went WAY too cheap his suspension year, and I just kept riding him up $5 at a time...he finally got too expensive.

50 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Don't drag me into this shitty thread.  I haven't done any Fantasy sports since 1995.

Just a call back to your "things did not go as planned" line from the old board. Greatness. 

If any of you assholes want to see what the results of an auction draft look like, here you go. 16 spots, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRTE, 1 Flex, DST, K. Keepers from left to right were: Kamara, Mahomes (really fucking stupid, he could have kept Tyreek for 35), Chubb, Gibson, Saquon, Zeke, Taylor, Ekeler, Cook, CMC, Henry, Mixon. PPR, 10 pt RuReTD, 7 pt PaTD. 

Tomahawk2021Results.jpg

51 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Just a call back to your "things did not go as planned" line from the old board. Greatness. 

If any of you assholes want to see what the results of an auction draft look like, here you go. 16 spots, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRTE, 1 Flex, DST, K. Keepers from left to right were: Kamara, Mahomes (really fucking stupid, he could have kept Tyreek for 35), Chubb, Gibson, Saquon, Zeke, Taylor, Ekeler, Cook, CMC, Henry, Mixon. PPR, 10 pt RuReTD, 7 pt PaTD. 

Tomahawk2021Results.jpg

Holy Excel aids. 

• Hook 'Em 1