2021 I don't give a fuck about your Fantasy Football Team thread

Baboontyme

Top team in our 12 team league clinched PO berth.  Bottom 2 teams are eliminated.  This is the earliest anyone has clinched that I can remember, with 3 games to go.  It is definitely the earliest 2 teams have been eliminated.  We have had many years with every team in contention with 2 games left, and one when every team was in it till the last week.  Not in 2021…

Any odd situations for your leagues in this respect this season?

substitute "point" for "hit"  when I looked at my kicker's score today.  Philly was one of the hottest offenses in the league and I pick up Elliott.  Then the Giants D thinks they are the Parcells era juggernaut.  WTF?

major-league.gif

First Thanksgiving with baby, splitting time between two different family gatherings. Barely ate anything let alone caught any football until we got back to my sister's and I saw some Raiders uniforms and decided to check on my kicker. That was a nice little surprise, as was Cedrick Wilson who I picked up last week off of waivers. Also Fournette. But remind me to never draft Courtland fucking Sutton again.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Also, who was the last consensus #1 overall pick to screw owners worse than CMC? 

No one. Considering the level he was compared to other RBs, and that it’s been 2 years in a row, no one has.

Disclaimer: I happen to be one of the owners he screwed this year 

• Like 1

Am I nuts for going with Derek Carr in his home dome vs. Washington (gives up most points to QBs in our league) instead of Josh Allen vs. a stingy New England defense (gives up 2nd fewest points to QBs in our league) on a rainy/snowy December Monday night in Buffalo? 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Am I nuts for going with Derek Carr in his home dome vs. Washington (gives up most points to QBs in our league) instead of Josh Allen vs. a stingy New England defense (gives up 2nd fewest points to QBs in our league) on a rainy/snowy December Monday night in Buffalo? 

Thoughts? 

I absolutely hate Derrick Carr.  I'd never start that weak ass bitch. 

On 11/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Also, who was the last consensus #1 overall pick to screw owners worse than CMC? 

I played the guy this past week Who traded me Travis Kelce and Mike Evans for CMC and Logan Thomas before game one of the season. He pretty much won’t talk to me anymore… Lol. It is sad but glorious. 

FUCKING A BROWN. Not that he's done shit for me lately anyways.

I can't piece together a collection of WRs that are neither suspended nor injured. I guess I'm a lock for playing Courtland Sutton and Stefon Diggs this week, hopefully Sutton does something. I almost should just drop Anthony Brown since he's done for 3 weeks. I picked up Cedrick WIlson off of waivers last week and he was great but is out now. Waiver wire is filled with absolute trash, I'm having to decide in the next few hours if this is going to be the week that Sterling Shepard finally makes his return or if I'm going to play Marquez Callaway with a punt blocker as a QB and hope he somehow comes up with a touchdown. Leaning Marquez.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:59 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Thoughts? 

Anyone? 

3 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Anyone? 

Not really, but I wouldn't let the weather be that much of a factor considering Allen's value as a running QB. There's a better than good chance this is a lower-scoring game but I like Buffalo at home on MNF this week and Allen always has boom upside. Carr has a good matchup but my only hesitancy with him is his lesser-quality WRs and the absence of Darren Waller. Carr over Allen is certainly defensible.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Not Crazy. Allen has been crazy inconsistent. Don’t think he has had back to back good weeks. Still, hard to sit a stud that can run the ball at the QB spot. Feels safer than Carr. 

I have a 12pt lead going into tonight's game.  I have Kelce and Butker.  Opponent has Allen.   C'mon inconsistent/ middling effort on Monday.

I would have drafted Allen, had he been available when i was ready to draft QB.  I ended up with Herbert.  That has been a value pick, relative to where other people were taking QBs in our league.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:53 PM, Gourmand said:

6 pt pass TDs 

12 team lg, I need to win to keep my playoff hopes alive. Three or four times I've made the wrong WDIS between these two, so I turn to you all.

Brady @ ATL (31st vs QB position) or Mahomes vs Den (5th vs QB position)?

UPDATE: I went with Brady. Feel good about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

42* drops by chief receivers hasn’t helped his cause, including a catchable tip drill INT last night. Pringle, Kelce, Cheetah, e’rybody droppin…

* estimate for last 2 games.

13 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I will likely finish with the second highest point total in the league.  I will also likely miss the playoffs.

I'm in two leagues. Currently have the highest "Points Against" in both of them. In one of them, I also have the 2nd highest "Points For", so will make the playoffs there. In the other one, I'm currently holding down the last playoff spot. 

20 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

All the Jonathan Taylor owners that somehow haven’t already clinched a playoff spot are fucking bummin’ about his Week 14 bye. 

Guess which one of my teams has J Taylor....

Damn. Bye weeks this late in the season might hurt me from wrapping up the #1 spot in the Playoffs.

Swift still injured but would you start Hubbard over Zeke? Zeke has really been letting me down recently. 

I also have Keenan Allen and with Waddle on bye might need to pick up a few streaming WRs. Going to be a tough week.

18 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Damn. Bye weeks this late in the season might hurt me from wrapping up the #1 spot in the Playoffs.

Swift still injured but would you start Hubbard over Zeke? Zeke has really been letting me down recently. 

I also have Keenan Allen and with Waddle on bye might need to pick up a few streaming WRs. Going to be a tough week.

I would not roll the dice on Hubbard over Zeke this week, we don't know how much Abdullah will eat into Hubbard's touches. I'd roll with Zeke against Washington because I trust the Dallas offense and Dak a lot more than I trust Carolina and Cam Newton. Also, Cam is more likely to vulture a TD from Hubbard or Abdullah. 

If Allen can't go, Osborn and Guyton are decent waiver wire shouts, along with Amon Ra St Brown and Tyler Boyd. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So Dalvin Cook is trending to play tonight vs the Steelers, just in time to wreck my playoff hopes by putting me in the bad spot of having to decide between taking the risk of starting him with an iffy shoulder or banking on him getting reinjured early and sticking with Mattison again.

21 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Anybody pick up JaMychal Hasty?

Im going to have to start one of him, Elijah Mitchell or Sony Michel and not sure I want to wait to MNF to see if Henderson is going to start

That's a tough spot, otherwise it seems like Michel would be the guy.

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

So Dalvin Cook is trending to play tonight vs the Steelers, just in time to wreck my playoff hopes by putting me in the bad spot of having to decide between taking the risk of starting him with an iffy shoulder or banking on him getting reinjured early and sticking with Mattison again.

In your situation, I’d lean towards Dalvin. 

I have a similar dilemma:

Mattison, Pollard, or Dillon?

I’m hoping Zimmer is just fucking with the Steelers. 

55 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

In your situation, I’d lean towards Dalvin. 

I have a similar dilemma:

Mattison, Pollard, or Dillon?

I’m hoping Zimmer is just fucking with the Steelers. 

I think you can rule out Pollard because he suffered a torn left plantar fascia vs New Orleans on that long TD run.  He's a GTD (but you probably already knew that) and is likely to have a much lower workload even if he plays. I'd go with Mattison and Dillon. Any other options on waivers? 

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I think you can rule out Pollard because he suffered a torn left plantar fascia vs New Orleans on that long TD run.  He's a GTD (but you probably already knew that) and is likely to have a much lower workload even if he plays. I'd go with Mattison and Dillon. Any other options on waivers? 

I just saw the updated news about Pollard. He’s out of consideration now, which makes my decision easier.

I have to use either Mattison or Dillon in one of my RB spots. Ekeler is my other RB. Best waiver options are David Johnson, Latavious Murray, and Zack Moss. Unless Cook ends up not playing, I’m rolling with Dillon.