2021 I don't give a fuck about your Fantasy Football Team thread

Baboontyme

What was the rule before the season started? Is that even possible to check?

One thing we do in our league as we have all of the scoring set copied and pasted it to our league page in case something like this happens

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I had so many chances to draft that guy

He went in the 7th round in our draft.  Same guy drafted Jonathon Taylor 12th and Tyreek 13th.

He torched the league in total points.

46 minutes ago, El Tri said:

ok so I have a dilemma here. Last night I went to bed losing 129.36 to 129.14 (opponent had chase and not much else). This morning, I wake up and see they deducted 2 points from his buffalo defense because their STs allowed a safety or something? 

He sent me screenshots of before and after rules and in the before it showed safeties against not counting, but as of this morning they do.

what do i do here? 

Before or after the season or game?

A safety by the offense or punt team should not count against the team’s defense. 

10 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

Before or after the season or game?

A safety by the offense or punt team should not count against the team’s defense. 

wut?

they are called D/ST’s for a reason. Bills special teams gave up a safety and 2 additional points on the scoreboard. 

completely legitimate score change (my opponent had the Bills this week and same thing happened). 

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

wut?

they are called D/ST’s for a reason. Bills special teams gave up a safety and 2 additional points on the scoreboard. 

completely legitimate score change (my opponent had the Bills this week and same thing happened). 

My bad. I didn’t see the game so I didn’t know how the safety was scored and thought El Tri was talking about a situation in scoring that differentiated between DEF and D/ST. For example, in one of my leagues punt return TDs aren’t included in the scoring. 

1 hour ago, HornPhD said:

My bad. I didn’t see the game so I didn’t know how the safety was scored and thought El Tri was talking about a situation in scoring that differentiated between DEF and D/ST. For example, in one of my leagues punt return TDs aren’t included in the scoring. 

yeah i was wondering about the DEF vs D/ST as our league says DEF, but we've definitely gotten points for when there is a return TD on special teams.

several people on twittering asking yahoo about the same thing.

20 minutes ago, El Tri said:

yeah i was wondering about the DEF vs D/ST as our league says DEF, but we've definitely gotten points for when there is a return TD on special teams.

several people on twittering asking yahoo about the same thing.

Prior to this scenario, safeties didn’t count against a defense. When it happened on Sunday, the Yahoo Fantasy Twitter account even said so:

They changed their scoring rules after the fact. Probably should have waited until next year to make the update. 

15 hours ago, texashorne said:

Baker killed him.. also all those TE drops, Hooper and that other POS.. They couldn't keep a drive alive worth a shit for Chubb to even get a chance. I came up 2.34 points short of a championship. Fuck!

And then they reward Baker with a play action on the goal line. What a kick in nuts.

I read an article earlier saying Chubb got a rib injury early in the game so they limited his carries. Still a kick in the nuts though 

2 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I read an article earlier saying Chubb got a rib injury early in the game so they limited his carries. Still a kick in the nuts though 

I actually won with the Championship with the Buffalo safety stat correction. I went to bed down 2.34 points and runner up, I get a congrats text this afternoon and go check, and sure enough, I am the champ. It was good I got that text because I already removed the app from my homescreen..

Ok, I've done the investigation.   To not bury the lead, I think it's a true stat correction.

Yahoo had them holding Atlanta to between 7-13 points but adjusted it to 14-20 points.  Atlanta scored 15 points.  That's a drop from 4 points for defensive points allowed to 1 point for defensive points allowed changing the total by 3 points.  So at 1st glance it looks like a legit stat change, but hold on.

How did Atlanta score that amount of points on the Buffalo defense? Apparently the 1st 2 points of the game came on a Atlanta punt to Buffalo, Buffalo return team fumbled the ball, Buffalo recovered the ball back in the end zone for a safety.  According to the rules, we know safeties don't count against defensive points allowed.  Not so fast my friend...only safeties allowed by offenses don't count against DST's.  Safeties allowed by kick/punt return teams DO count to points allowed.

Assuming that those 2 points count against defensive points that is the play for the stat correction.  I'm not the commissioner, but my determination is that this stat correction will hold.

16 hours ago, texashorne said:

I actually won with the Championship with the Buffalo safety stat correction. I went to bed down 2.34 points and runner up, I get a congrats text this afternoon and go check, and sure enough, I am the champ. It was good I got that text because I already removed the app from my homescreen..

Ok, I've done the investigation.   To not bury the lead, I think it's a true stat correction.

Yahoo had them holding Atlanta to between 7-13 points but adjusted it to 14-20 points.  Atlanta scored 15 points.  That's a drop from 4 points for defensive points allowed to 1 point for defensive points allowed changing the total by 3 points.  So at 1st glance it looks like a legit stat change, but hold on.

How did Atlanta score that amount of points on the Buffalo defense? Apparently the 1st 2 points of the game came on a Atlanta punt to Buffalo, Buffalo return team fumbled the ball, Buffalo recovered the ball back in the end zone for a safety.  According to the rules, we know safeties don't count against defensive points allowed.  Not so fast my friend...only safeties allowed by offenses don't count against DST's.  Safeties allowed by kick/punt return teams DO count to points allowed.

Assuming that those 2 points count against defensive points that is the play for the stat correction.  I'm not the commissioner, but my determination is that this stat correction will hold.

same here. I went to bed having lost by .22 points, then my opponent got those 2 points deducted from his buffalo defense so I ended up winning. What a clusterfuck.

in the end, i took 50% of the winnings instead of 60% and gave him 40% instead of 30%. We're all friends so I didn't want to be a dick about it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

In my third league that does two-week matchups and ends the season on the last week……

I’m in the championship and options are limited. Decided to start Dak since he was playing and seemingly a decent amount according to reports. Also threw in Cedrick Wilson over Tyler Boyd at flex, since no matter what he seemed to be a lock for a lot of playing time.

Well, those were good decisions.

8 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

In my third league that does two-week matchups and ends the season on the last week……

I’m in the championship and options are limited. Decided to start Dak since he was playing and seemingly a decent amount according to reports. Also threw in Cedrick Wilson over Tyler Boyd at flex, since no matter what he seemed to be a lock for a lot of playing time.

I'd say so. I wish I'd stacked Dak and WIlson in DFS last night. I came close to taking down a small gpp (266 entries) in DK Showdown yesterday for the KC/Den game, had Gordon in the CPT spot (only 0.8% CPT ownership as well) and I had the overall lead and growing when Denver was driving and inside the KC 10 and Gordon in the game. Boom he gets hit in the backfield, fumble returned for a TD and I went from #1 to #23. If he doesn't fumble I had a very good chance of winning $1500.

Ced Wilson won me a championship.

Just like I drew it up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...