A&M Basketball in Hot Water

texifornia

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm really surprised. I loved the Shaka hire when we made it but Buzz Williams was high on my list.   I was clearly 0-2 on who I wanted to see replace Barnes.  You'd have thought he'd have done better there. 

i liked buzz too. Texas native who had a much better CV than Shaka and plenty of other potential candidates. but hey, this is what happens when you sign up to join that ass-backwards, dog worshipping, neo nazi, cult like program. you're gonna have a bad time.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-texas-am-mens-basketball-program-committed-ncaa-violations

• Two years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine.
  • A reduction in men's basketball official visits for the 2021-22 academic year by five.
  • A suspension of unofficial visits during the first three Southeastern Conference men's basketball games during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A reduction in men's basketball recruiting days by 5% (7 days out of 130) during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A two-game suspension (during the regular season) for the head coach at Texas A&M or any school that employs him.
  • A suspension of the assistant coach, self-imposed by the university, June 2020 through the end of the 2020-21 basketball season. During that suspension, the program operated with one fewer assistant coach than allowed under NCAA rules.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-texas-am-mens-basketball-program-committed-ncaa-violations

• A $5,000 fine.
  • A reduction in men's basketball official visits for the 2021-22 academic year by five.
  • A suspension of unofficial visits during the first three Southeastern Conference men's basketball games during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A reduction in men's basketball recruiting days by 5% (7 days out of 130) during the 2021-22 academic year.
  • A two-game suspension (during the regular season) for the head coach at Texas A&M or any school that employs him.
  • A suspension of the assistant coach, self-imposed by the university, June 2020 through the end of the 2020-21 basketball season. During that suspension, the program operated with one fewer assistant coach than allowed under NCAA rules.

Yikes. If they had it to do all over again, they would have just been rapists.

10 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Incredible that there were some posters that wanted this guy.

Buzz and Marshall turned out to be….horrible options had we gone that route.  Say what we want about Barnes and Shaka, but we haven’t ever been in NCAA trouble from their tenures. 

Thank God, Allah, Vishnu, Buddha and the Flying Spaghetti Monster we got Beard tho. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

• A $5,000 fine.

I am not sure that as bad as they are, anyone will notice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...