Burnt Ends Logo

MoJames

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

the banner is pretty goddamn obnoxious too

omg and why does it show up at the top AND below the first post on every page? it's making we want to do everything but contribute. fix your 90's clipart bullshit graphics

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

omg and why does it show up at the top AND below the first post on every page? it's making we want to do everything but contribute. fix your 90's clipart bullshit graphics

Yeah it's fucking dumb. I'm never one to complain because I'm coming here either way but it being shoved in our faces less might be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Yeah oops. Off for treefiddy, that was unintentional. 

Should I put this here or the random tires thread...

The left wheel fell off your smoker and is over there between the 'e' and 'n'

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, SKJ said:

Should I put this here or the random tires thread...

The left wheel fell off your smoker and is over there between the 'e' and 'n'

It is really just a grill not a smoker, there is no fire box.  So there are truly no "burnt ends" just some burnt hot dogs.

18 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

It is really just a grill not a smoker, there is no fire box.  So there are truly no "burnt ends" just some burnt hot dogs.

A smoker doesn't necessarily need a fire box. It's only helpful to keep your coals from getting to hot.  But you can achieve the same temps with a few methods. 

In a normal barrel smoker, you can cover your coals with foil to deflect their radiant heat a bit, or you can just put a thermocouple in the bottom of your smoker and regulate the internal Temps with the volume of hot coals added. You could also just keep monitoring internal temp of each by using multiple thermocouples. 

There are lots of solutions. 

Or, you could just use the smoker attachment on a commercial cook and hold device and set the cycle Temps with your connected thermocouple measuring internal temp of each brisket for a more uniform,  commercial cook. 

Alto Sham makes good cook and hold cabinets with such controls as to be able to use internal temp rather than a pinch and pull method. 

Edited by SKJ

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a burnt ends monthly sub, it shows up as “pending” still but under PayPal subscriptions it shows up as active, and I don’t see the flair or anything. Did I fuck it all up by going with my PayPal account instead of straight cc? My PayPal has a different email address than the forums, so I’m assuming that’s the issue?