Corpus Christi

Cement

Well I can tell you where not to watch the game….  Asked a guy I know that lives here and is a longhorn fan where to go, he said Brewster street.  I’ve been here fifteen minutes and not a single employee has talked to me and I’m the only one here…. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Well I can tell you where not to watch the game….  Asked a guy I know that lives here and is a longhorn fan where to go, he said Brewster street.  I’ve been here fifteen minutes and not a single employee has talked to me and I’m the only one here…. 

Downtown or Southside?

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yep. They’re consistent. You’re in the right place to be Surly. 

• 9 months later...

Rebel Toad is good.  There is also Nueces Brewing.  Food in addition to beer.

Lorelei is a small place with not much indoor seating so you may have to sit outside if it is crowded.  But I like their brews.

I personally think Lazy Beach is not worth the trip but if for some reason you are on the south side, well, it is there.  They have hard kombucha if that is your thing.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:37 AM, shnsajax said:

This and Harvey's Barn Door (RIP), Hamlin Pharmacy(RIP), and I'll add in Wallbangers as well. 

I has a sad and will miss going here when in town for HS reunion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.boarrireserve.com

For the Corpus folks a new meat market opened up close to downtown a few months ago.  Boarri Craft Meats, lots of waygu options, sausages I’ve tried have been great, Suya skewers, summer sausage, ect.   Their pre brinded inch thick pork chops are some of the best I’ve ever had. It’s worth checking out.  

The website kinda sucks though, they have more info on Instagram.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, Hook1997 said:

https://www.boarrireserve.com

For the Corpus folks a new meat market opened up close to downtown a few months ago.  Boarri Craft Meats, lots of waygu options, sausages I’ve tried have been great, Suya skewers, summer sausage, ect.   Their pre brinded inch thick pork chops are some of the best I’ve ever had. It’s worth checking out.  

The website kinda sucks though, they have more info on Instagram.  

A guy I work with has been touting them so I did an online order a few weeks ago because he was going by to pick up some stuff and said he'd grab mine.  Turns out I was the very first online order because he'd just set up the website.

I had to run to downtown to get a car title last week so I stopped by and grabbed some stuff.  Owner's a cool dude.  I'm getting a free shirt because of the online thing.

Food I've eaten so far has been great - I got the bavette and made fajitas and they were awesome..

• Hook 'Em 1