Help me create a fragrance that encapsulates the smell of Surly Horns

Hornius Emeritus

Because of Traces of Texas I get all kinds of crazy emails, proposals etc.. Most are scams but this one appears to be legit: 

My name is Valerie, and I'm the founder of WAFT and, more recently, SCENTCRAFT. We love your artistic direction and wanted to introduce our co-branding partnership with you to see if this would be a great fit for our new venture.

Let’s together offer your followers something special and memorable that will strengthen their relationship with your brand! We will work with you to design a microsite, complete with packaging and online experience for your followers to craft their own custom fragrance collection with a splash of your aesthetic. As a bonus, they get a mini bottle of your own unique scent as a gift to them. Absolutely free and you keep up to 30% of the revenue!

For more detail have a look at our pitch here

If you’re interested…no pressure at all, please go to our partner creation lab at: lab.scentcraft.com (not the regular Scentcraft.com site 😳) and use your free code: MYSCENT-3D2R to create your own tailored scent and get to know the brand a bit better (expires in 10 days).
We can schedule a meeting to go over the partnership some more and discuss the process below:
+ create your fragrance + design your own box & label for your followers
+ receive a link to the landing page that we design for you that directs your followers to their CREATION journey and we handle the shipping of the product
+ share your SCENTCRAFT experience in your own way, inviting your followers to create their own custom fragrance + receive a mini version of your fragrance to layer with their scent, wear alone or gift
+ we payout up to 30% of the revenue and you have the creative freedom to design as many labels, box and scent versions as you like
+ no cost to you
Let me know your thoughts and hopefully speak soon! :)
XOXO

Valerie Boffy
NYC & Rome
@waftfragrance
@scentcraftme

Valerie is a real person. She climbed Mount Everest a few years ago. Here's a photo:

433662424_valerieboffy.jpg.60e5f386c473b5567aafae9648ec47ed.jpg

I read Valerie's email and thought "wow ... my own unique scent?"  Then I thought that It would be pretty hard to create a Traces of Texas fragrance.  I mean, what would it be ... a base of dried horse manure with  hints of petrochemicals, brisket, and musty old photographs from an attic in Houston?  

Then I hit upon the perfect idea. I'll propose to Valerie that we create a fragrance called "The Surl"  or just "Surl."    I could even tie the proceeds to the NIL and give them to a player who is overlooked, like the long snapper.  The only problem is that I need to describe to Valerie what  SurlyHorns smells like and I need help with that.

Any ideas?  

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1

Valerie IS a real person, she's got big cans, she's French, and she's got that "dirty French woman who smokes too much and drinks too much wine but will live to be 90 and give  a pool boy the ride of his life when she's in her 70s"  look. 

In other words, I would. Repeatedly and with great vigor.

To answer the question, notes of stale beer farts need to be included. Not IPAs, of course, but some manly super grain American lager.  

I have wondered about this same idea...

If women TRULY cared about attracting a guy, their perfume should have a blend of Oak smoke & maybe a hint of BBQ sauce.

If a guy wants to attract a woman, they should have on a clean, fresh smell with a touch of roses, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

I have wondered about this same idea...

If women TRULY cared about attracting a guy, their perfume should have a blend of Oak smoke & maybe a hint of BBQ sauce.

If a guy wants to attract a woman, they should have on a clean, fresh smell of a hundred dollar bill

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

fify

• Haha 2

Freshly cut grass from a 1a high school football stadium, the inside of a football helmet after august two a days, socks, stale beer and rum and cokes (151 Bacardi) that were spilled in the stands. It’s called Surly, Fall in Texas

Oh… and despair. And just a hint of fat old lady boob sweat from a women in the piney woods ..Like from Jasper or Diboll.

One or more of these:

1. Christ Sent
  2. Lavender Sent
  3. Pinto Nior
  4. Pooporee Sent
  5. Christmes Tree Sent (PINE TREE'S)
  6. Olive Oil with Scavenge Egg's
  7. Mapel Surpe
  8. Rasberry Colada Sent
  9. Carilina Barbacue
  10. Frank Sense Oil
  11. Frank Sence plus Murh
  12. Nard (SELLED OUT)
  13. Bleach

Burnt ends.

No, no , no that is just too stupid.  Nobody would like that at all.

How about......something like bad coffee, tired dog, worn leather boots, and bourbon all mixed together.  That would be better.  

If you could figure out what an idiot smells like, throw that in too.

Edited by Moby Ric