Aggie football player arrested on drug, firearm charges (Jimbo's building that aggy program!)

Tex Pete

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/08/27/aggie-football-player-arrested-drug-firearm-charges/

The more things change, the more they stay the same. 

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Texas A&M University police arrested DL Micheal Clemons, 24, Thursday night after officers say they smelled marijuana in his vehicle.

Police say they were called out to the McFerrin Athletic Center around 8 p.m. because someone appeared to be removing a parking boot from a vehicle.

Officers reportedly found Clemons sitting in the driver’s seat of that vehicle. They asked Clemons to step out of the vehicle and found he had an outstanding warrant for driving with an invalid license. Clemons reportedly lied about his name when police first arrived.

According to authorities, officers smelled marijuana inside the vehicle. They reportedly found a small amount of marijuana as well as a pistol inside a backpack after a search.

Clemons is charged with marijuana possession, unlawful carrying of a weapon, and failure to identify. Clemons was released Friday morning after posting an $11,400 bond.

Leading the SEC West standings for the Fulmer Cup! Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Lives! said:

The gun is only illegal here b/c of the MJ, correct?  And the MJ is only illegal b/c we're a backward ass state led by Dan "Patrick", correct?  Just checking. 

Could be an unlicensed pistol, idk.

Either way, if Special K felony guy was only out for 2 weeks, this guy will be back in days. Jimbo gonna Jimbo.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Could be an unlicensed pistol, idk.

Either way, if Special K felony guy was only out for 2 weeks, this guy will be back in days. Jimbo gonna Jimbo.

No one should be out for more than the bare minimum for a small amount of marijuana regardless of the program.  I don't have a clue about the gun possession laws.  

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

No one should be out for more than the bare minimum for a small amount of marijuana regardless of the program.  I don't have a clue about the gun possession laws.  

Agree on the weed. Illegal firearm would be very different. But so would a felony charge for large quantities of Ketamine..

For reference, wasn't Josh Moore suspended 1 year for an unlicensed pistol? 

On one hand I hate marijuana arrests, as well as searches carried out due to an officer smelling it, on the other hand, he had a warrant and was removing a parking boot - and should know that CS is backwards as fuck on these types of things. 

Play stupid games...

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree on the weed. Illegal firearm would be very different. But so would a felony charge for large quantities of Ketamine..

For reference, wasn't Josh Moore suspended 1 year for an unlicensed pistol? 

I don't know what an "unlicensed pistol" is counselor, but I know it's not a thing in Texas.  You may be referring to the "License to Carry" which is only needed in certain circumstances and which wouldn't prevent him getting a UCW charge anyways, if he were found in possession of MJ while carrying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LonghornLurker said:

I love seeing thugs get in trouble with the law. Eat shit, lmao. 

He's in trouble with the cops. It remains to be seen if he's in trouble with the law, because he's pretty good at the footballing.

So I am sure they will, uhhh, accidentally misplace his paperwork and be forced to drop the charges. 

49 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

The gun is only illegal here b/c of the MJ, correct?  And the MJ is only illegal b/c we're a backward ass state led by Dan "Patrick", correct?  Just checking. 

That is not the only reason it is illegal.  Under federal law, weed is illegal in every state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

i think special K dude is still playing and practicing too.  I mean we had a guy punch his uncle in the face and we paperworked him out the door.  Ol Jimbo running a cartel 

i was talking to a friend recently about this, and what makes similar episodes different...

the commission of the act is more reflective of the character of the individual. 

it's the reaction to the act that shows the character of the institution. 

i'm reminded of the two WRs that were arrested/charged with sexual assault on campus...didn't Strong kick them off immediately? and they never came back even though i don't think either were convicted? and Mack sending Case and Hicks home from the bowl game and suspending them...and they didn't even have charges filed. 

i'm sure there have been instances at Texas where coaches looked the other way...but honestly, all the ones i can remember it seems like institutional consequences were pretty swift and decisive.

compared to our green friends to the north. and sooners. and aggy seems pretty open to individuals of questionable character. 

maybe it's just my burnt orange glasses...? I guess Cedric Johnson was handled gently...in retrospect it might have been better for him to have suffered more severe consequences when he was young, maybe it would have made a difference. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

On one hand I hate marijuana arrests, as well as searches carried out due to an officer smelling it, on the other hand, he had a warrant and was removing a parking boot - and should know that CS is backwards as fuck on these types of things. 

Play stupid games...

If aggy players made better decisions, they wouldn't be aggy. 

Pretty easy to avoid CS backwater rubes, if you choose a better school. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

I love seeing thugs get in trouble with the law. Eat shit, lmao. 

We all know what you mean 

furthermore, if smoking weed and owning a gun makes you a thug, then most of this board should be classified as thugs. 

Edited by Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

another one?  didnt a few weeks ago another dude got picked up with 200 grams of ketamine 

Yeah, but the 1st guy was actually a decent starter, so he’s managed to avoid any suspension time to this point. 
Jimbo may just be waiting to drop the hammer on these guys for the Hardin Simmons game (1st quarter). 

Edited by EZ$
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1