Movie scenes that can almost give you allergies

closetohumping

^that's an interesting one for me...i totally get it, but even on my first viewing it was just too heavy-handed for me, i found myself rolling my eyes at the final scene.

i thought the ending to Schindler's List was more impactful. i see them both as signature Spielberg endings...like this one, which DOES make me tear up every time! 😊

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

^that's an interesting one for me...i totally get it, but even on my first viewing it was just too heavy-handed for me, i found myself rolling my eyes at the final scene.

i thought the ending to Schindler's List was more impactful. i see them both as signature Spielberg endings...like this one, which DOES make me tear up every time! 😊

This still crushes nine-year-old South Austin.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, Trey3216 said:

The end of Saving Private Ryan when old Ryan is there with his family and he asks his wife if he was a good man.   I cried my ass off in the theater at 18 years old when I saw it, and I cry today at 40 every time I see it.   

Could cross post this in the 'Getting old sucks thread'...This movie is one of those I can watch but I don't make it a point to seek it out... like Deer Hunter or Schindler's List.  Whenever I catch the end scene(like once every few years), it hits me harder than the last time I saw it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Probably my favorite holiday movie of all time, and while that clip never made me cry, I think it's one of the best scenes in all of John Hughes' movies.  The progression of Steve Martin's facial expressions interwoven with memories from the journey was fantastic acting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2