Game Week- Louisiana

Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, horngasm21 said:

remember this will be Sark's first game without being drunk as head coach.

good luck and don't turtle.

Negged.

Why should we remember this? 

Hey, everyone, be sure to remember the time that n00b dipshit wanted us to remember his pointless take.

• Like 4

GAMEDAY TIMELINE     

7 A.M.: PARKING LOTS OPEN

11 A.M.: BEVO BLVD PRESENTED BY H-E-B, DEEP EDDY LOUNGE AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS, SMOKEY'S MIDWAY, AND HOOK ‘EM HANGOUT OPEN

12:30 P.M.: BEVO XV PARADE PRESENTED BY TEXAS FARM BUREAU INSURANCE ON BEVO BLVD

12:30 P.M.: SIR WOMAN AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

12:30 P.M.: LHNS’ TEXAS GAMEDAY LIVE BROADCAST ON BEVO BLVD BEGINS

1:15 P.M.: STADIUM STAMPEDE ON BEVO BLVD

2 P.M.: SHAKEY GRAVES AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

3 P.M.: BEVO BLVD, LONGHORN CITY LIMITS, SMOKEY’S MIDWAY, AND HOOK ‘EM HANGOUT CLOSE*

3:30 P.M.: KICKOFF VERSUS LOUISIANA!

POSTGAME: SILENT DISCO AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

• Hook 'Em 3

Program for game tomorrow... You Can Download it now  🤘

https://texassports.com/publications/texas-football-program-vs-louisiana 

Full detail of Game Day info here -- CHECK IT OUT...

https://texassports.com/gameday/football-vs-louisiana/football/2148/

• Maps
  • Parking
  • Shuttles
  • Schedules
  • List of New Things
  • Ticket Info

Edited by LTtxfan
Fixed link
  • Hook 'Em 2

Fox is going to fuck us all year long.  In their eyes, I'm sure we're single-handedly ruining their CFB lineup.  Prepare to have every pre-game dipshit bad mouth us, and we'll probably even catch shade from Gus and Joel.  The sooner we can leave, the better.

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

Fox is going to fuck us all year long.  In their eyes, I'm sure we're single-handedly ruining their CFB lineup.  Prepare to have every pre-game dipshit bad mouth us, and we'll probably even catch shade from Gus and Joel.  The sooner we can leave, the better.

I'm at a point where after 10 years of being labelled the villain I'm ready to just embrace it and fuck evryone.

My biggest concern isn't the talking heads.  It's the way the big12 refs are going to openly and unabashedly fuck us over like never before on our way out.  This more than any other reason is why we need to get out after this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

GAMEDAY TIMELINE     

7 A.M.: PARKING LOTS OPEN

11 A.M.: BEVO BLVD PRESENTED BY H-E-B, DEEP EDDY LOUNGE AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS, SMOKEY'S MIDWAY, AND HOOK ‘EM HANGOUT OPEN

12:30 P.M.: BEVO XV PARADE PRESENTED BY TEXAS FARM BUREAU INSURANCE ON BEVO BLVD

12:30 P.M.: SIR WOMAN AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

12:30 P.M.: LHNS’ TEXAS GAMEDAY LIVE BROADCAST ON BEVO BLVD BEGINS

1:15 P.M.: STADIUM STAMPEDE ON BEVO BLVD

2 P.M.: SHAKEY GRAVES AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

3 P.M.: BEVO BLVD, LONGHORN CITY LIMITS, SMOKEY’S MIDWAY, AND HOOK ‘EM HANGOUT CLOSE*

3:30 P.M.: KICKOFF VERSUS LOUISIANA!

POSTGAME: SILENT DISCO AT LONGHORN CITY LIMITS

3:45 P.M.BALLS STUCK TO BLEACHERS

4:05 P.M. FOURTH BEER IN STADIUM.  10TH OVERALL.

4:45P.M. MY 5 YEAR OLD TELLS A CAJUN TO “SUCK IT”

HALFTIME SMOKE A SHORT, MAN BUN WEARING NARUTO IN THE PARKING LOT

CPR COMMENCES

END OF GAME TEXAS 31 ULA LA 17

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

This point about Texas paying them to play…do these goddamn imbeciles realize that we pay teams to play in Austin because we net a significant profit by hosting the game? Fair to criticize Texas for their recent play but this angle is kind of stupid and doesn’t make a lot of sense.

We paid 1.5 million for a game that everyone is talking about almost as much as the prime week one matchups. I'd say we got every penny's worth.

Please stunt on these hoes Sark.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daichee Bell said:

HALFTIME DAICHEE BELL SMOKES A SHORT, MAN BUN WEARING NARUTO IN THE PARKING LOT

CPR COMMENCES

ENF OF GAME TEXAS 31 ULA LA 17

POSTGAME BEERS AT SILENT DISCO

I was going to rep you until i saw your score prediction.... grow a pair, pussy

Texas 48 ul 7

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

HALFTIME SMOKE A SHORT, MAN BUN WEARING NARUTO IN THE PARKING LOT

CPR COMMENCES

END OF GAME TEXAS 31 ULA LA 17

What time is cell phone flop out? Or when do you say, "Hey, buddy..."

1 hour ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I'm at a point where after 10 years of being labelled the villain I'm ready to just embrace it and fuck evryone.

My biggest concern isn't the talking heads.  It's the way the big12 refs are going to openly and unabashedly fuck us over like never before on our way out.  This more than any other reason is why we need to get out after this year.

Fuck 'Em -- Embrace the Villain Role !!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4756jpty7gwovvu8o65k

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I can't think of anything better than national talking heads saying we'll lose to or barely scrape by Louisiana. 

Consider that these are the same guys who ranked Texas #5 to start the 2010 season. They always look backward instead of forward. 

All of our games were maddening close under Tom Herman. If he were here, predicting a close game would make sense. Less talented teams beat us sometimes because they could stay close. All that is gone.

All gas no brakes is a genuine philosophy here. Can we deliver? I think we score more than we did last year. 

Louisiana? I only know that generally they're good, well-coached, and likely a little over-rated. Their games were also close last year other than stomping ISU. I'm sure they're up and confident. 

With the national talking heads doubting us based on the past (not entirely unreasonable), a 21-point victory over Louisiana will look better than it actually is. We'd rise dramatically in the rankings. They like seeing us up there.

I don't think Louisiana has the horses to go toe to toe the whole game with us. If we enter the fourth quarter with a two score lead, Sark isn't going to start running out the clock. He's going to keep his foot on the gas. 

Add to the equation that Sark wants both his QBs to get work. He will not continue the irritating Texas tradition of putting in the second string and running dives every play. 

I think we crush Louisiana. I think it will be good win over a pretty damn good team that can't match our depth.

We'll know more about the Longhorns after Fayatenam. 

Hook 'Em!

We're going to skull fuck the swamp rats.  Fucking Herman is gone.  We're not going to win a gentleman's game.  They're going home gaped.

2 hours ago, Assman said:

idmas

Seriously. Does this bother you?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Very short term use is the goal, but it rarely ends up being that. And good luck taking something away from a patient once you've given it to them (this presumes treatment in the outpatient setting). The patient will just find another script writer, quite possible a mid-level provider or some unscrupulous physician, to write the benzo for him/her.

I agree that there are no absolutes in medicine, but that class of medications should absolutely be last line. The problem is that historically the pharmaceutical manufacturers would push benzos (and opioids as well) on unsuspecting Family Medicine/Primary Care physicians (PCPs) who did not have proper understanding of these classes of medications or their associated conditions. I am not here to bash on PCPs because they're front line practitioners and referring patients to specialty care (in this case, me in Psychiatry) is still a challenging process. I tip my hat to them for doing their very best to treat those patient concerns to their best of their abilities so that patients do not suffer.

To your example of treating intractable nausea, I freely admit that I have never seen benzodiazepines used as treatment, but that class of medications is not mentioned at all under "Approach to the Adult with Nausea and Vomiting in the Adult" under UpToDate. Personally, I would have gone with Ondansetron, Phenergan, and Metoclopramide in that order before digging through references to find the options of Prochlorperazine and then Erythromycin/Bethanechol at which point I am ordering a GI consult to rule out possible organic pathology as a cause for nausea and vomiting. 

@South Austin, sorry for being Nancy Reagan and ruining your Black Panther Party. I know she's nowhere as fun as your mom.

For the record I am boarded in IM and Palliative Medicine. We use off label meds in Palliative and Hospice all the time. And yes for intractable nausea and vomiting, when standard anti-emetics fail, we will use other meds. In particular, in chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting we will try benzos, ask an oncologist and you will understand. In other refractory nausea and vomiting that is not a mechanical issue, we will use antipsychotics like haldol and olanzepine. As for your comment about referral to a GI, good luck, almost all of them would have their Np see it since they couldn’t be bothered as they are too busy scoping. That’s the reality. But like you said, it’s not your area so I wouldn’t expect a psychiatrist to know this. But UpToDate is not the ultimate arbiter in anything, even though it’s a great starting point. 

As for prescribing benzos this isn't the 1980s: all controlled substances have to be logged into Texas PDMP , as you should be aware, and since your are required by the Texas Medical Board to check PDMP when prescribing these  meds, doctor shopping or multi source rx is not as likely. If you are stupid enough not to check or are unscrupulous, it’s easy to get busted. But you already knew that, right? You can even check and see the patient’s controlled substance activity in other states , you knew that, right?

User name checks out.

Edited by El Squared

I just yelled Muledick as I walked out of VY’s Steakhouse and no one replied….   Where’s the pre party crowd at?  (Tons of Louisiana fans in there tonight). Lots of flip flop and flip flop, tshirt and shorts crowd in there too. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, El Squared said:

For the record I am boarded in IM and Palliative Medicine. We use off label meds in Palliative and Hospice all the time. And yes for intractable nausea and vomiting, when standard anti-emetics fail, we will use other meds. In particular, in chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting we will try benzos, ask an oncologist and you will understand. In other refractory nausea and vomiting that is not a mechanical issue, we will use antipsychotics like haldol and olanzepine. As for your comment about referral to a GI, good luck, almost all of them would have their Np see it since they couldn’t be bothered as they are too busy scoping. That’s the reality. But like you said, it’s not your area so I wouldn’t expect a psychiatrist to know this. But UpToDate is not the ultimate arbiter in anything, even though it’s a great starting point. 

As for prescribing benzos this isn't the 1980s: all controlled substances have to be logged into Texas PDMP , as you should be aware, and since your are required by the Texas Medical Board to check PDMP when prescribing these  meds, doctor shopping or multi source rx is not as likely. If you are stupid enough not to check or are unscrupulous, it’s easy to get busted. But you already knew that, right? You can even check and see the patient’s controlled substance activity in other states , you knew that, right?

User name checks out.

Now you're just being an asshole and turning this into a pissing contest about physician specialties and who is or isn't aware of prescription monitoring programs. You're welcome to continue this discussion with me via PM and I will gladly respond to all of your points. 

8 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Try explaining this photo to someone that isn't a college football fan.

I tried and it did not go well. Might as well have been talking to a 6 year old. "Well, what....? How...?" Question after question, with little to no understanding of.... I fucked it up, man. I fucked it up.