Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

Thought this was an interesting exchange.  
FTR, our special teams are not VERY good.  Not at all.  I do really like our punter, which after Chris Jones for 5 years and his pussy leg, feels nice.  Good name too.  I also think our coverage units and particularly our punt return rush unit is pretty decent, but the biggest part of your ST is the kicker and he's..... not good.  
Additionally, our punt return portion of that team is fucking terrible.  We rank 30th in punt return average.  Our longest punt return is 21 yards.  Our kickoff return team is better but almost all of that is based on 1 return which went for a TD and because of injury, that returner can't return for us anymore.  Without that one play, we drop from 5th to 20th in the league.  We also are 30th in the league in special teams penalty so when it feels like all we get are penalties in our return game, there's a reason.  27th in penalty yardage on ST.  We're 27th in kickoff coverage letting up 26 yards per return.  That's bad.
So, it would seem as a whole, we have a good punting game, we rush the punter fairly well and cover punts well (6th in the league).  This is the best part of our special teams.  After that, we're pretty much bad.  We have a kicker with the yips and leads the league in missed XPs and is 24th in field goal accuracy, we can't cover kickoffs, we're really mediocre or below at returning kicks and we are one of the most penalized teams overall on ST.  Not sure how Ickes looks at special teams, but it really poor analysis.  

Punter, and the kick/punt coverages are good. We do have w kick returned for TD but that’s it. Normally its a penalty every time they run out the end zone.

Add the kicker and it’s a mixed bag. But I remember the kick coverage and Pinter being bad. So I can see people saying better.

Also I literally saw Wentz > Dak like a month ago.

I mean what are we doing. He is what he is. A very talented guy who’s not a very good QB. That’s it.

So anyways, we need the Bucs, and Rams to lose to really move up. So yeah…good luck I guess?

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Punter, and the kick/punt coverages are good. We do have w kick returned for TD but that’s it. Normally its a penalty every time they run out the end zone.

Add the kicker and it’s a mixed bag. But I remember the kick coverage and Pinter being bad. So I can see people saying better.

Kickoff coverage is not good (27th in the league).  Punt coverage is good.  Our return games are mediocre to bad.  No one trusts our kicker who is probably the worst kicker in the league this year with context.  I question someone saying the ST's are very good, which demonstrably, they are not.  They're mediocre at best.  Again, our punter and punt coverage is the best part.

In the post game PC, Zeke and Hardy were being interviewed. They asked Hardy about his score and celebration. Hardy responds by saying he tried to remain neutral even though he did his thing celebrating. And the Zeke says ‘..it may have been the longest TD celebration in history’.  Hahahaha! It was a funny moment and everyone started laughing.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Rams putting away Niners early.  Jimmy G already pulled.  It's hosting the Cards next week.  Too bad because the Panthers could legit win this week.

The chick reporter that used to be on The Fan, I forget her name, said several players have told her personally they want Arizona back again. Well they'll get it

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

Also I literally saw Wentz > Dak like a month ago.

I mean what are we doing. He is what he is. A very talented guy who’s not a very good QB. That’s it.

So anyways, we need the Bucs, and Rams to lose to really move up. So yeah…good luck I guess?

yeah well his ESPN made up QBR is higher. so there...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The chick reporter that used to be on The Fan, I forget her name, said several players have told her personally they want Arizona back again. Well they'll get it

Be a very different opponent as Hopkins, Moore, and Watt will be back and playing.  They'll be healthier at least but they're not playing well today thus far.  I think we can beat them, but we played really shitty last time and I hated our offensive game plan.

• Hook 'Em 1

Be a very different opponent as Hopkins, Moore, and Watt will be back and playing.  They'll be healthier at least but they're not playing well today thus far.  I think we can beat them, but we played really shitty last time and I hated our offensive game plan.

Defensive game plan wasn’t very good either

Just now, C-Man said:

Defensive game plan wasn’t very good either

Defense held them to 25 points some of which came after a ridiculous fake punt but yea I think they gotta figure out how to spy 11 on the midge.  If LVE wasn't such a fucking spare that would be a lot easier to do.  

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Defense held them to 25 points some of which came after a ridiculous fake punt but yea I think they gotta figure out how to spy 11 on the midge.  If LVE wasn't such a fucking spare that would be a lot easier to do.  

No way you waste Micah as a spy. 

Edited by Hermanator

Just now, Hermanator said:

No way you waste Micah as a spy. 

Why?  Again this assumes another LB is capable so kind of moot point but if there was you have DLAW and Gregory to handle the pash rush and you tell 11 his job is to make sure that the midge doesn't make plays with his legs.  I would rather Gregory and DLAW not have to worry about contain as much as they do with the midge.

55 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Rams putting away Niners early.  Jimmy G already pulled.  It's hosting the Cards next week.  Too bad because the Panthers could legit win this week.

I hope Dallas doesn't get matched up with the 49ers if they win today...

WOW

Game tied   17-17

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Why?  Again this assumes another LB is capable so kind of moot point but if there was you have DLAW and Gregory to handle the pash rush and you tell 11 his job is to make sure that the midge doesn't make plays with his legs.  I would rather Gregory and DLAW not have to worry about contain as much as they do with the midge.

You take your best defender completely out of the defensive scheme by doing that. Besides, Murray is too good of a thrower to spy. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You take your best defender completely out of the defensive scheme by doing that. Besides, Murray is too good of a thrower to spy. 

Fair but you also tell the 10 other guys, "don't worry about him our best has him".  Right now you got a bunch of dudes in conflict...remove that.  

I know it can go both ways not shitting on your argument but what they did last time didn't work.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

I hope Dallas doesn't get matched up with the 49ers if they win today...

Edit:  WOW     Game tied   24-24   Overtime Baby !!!

49ers seem like a terrible match-up for Cowboys

Don't want...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Can't play Rams. Would be Niners if both Rams and Cards lose. Cards if either or both win. 
Cards have better QB. Niners have better overall team I think. Coaching is about even on both

It doesn’t matter now but that chart said if Arz, SF and Tampa won, it would’ve been Rams/Cowboys.

Well it's officially an old school match-up. 

I like this better. Knocks the Rams down to 4. I think the defense can get to Garoppolo and make him look bad. And we saw how bad the match-up with the Cards was for them. 

Now it's beat the Niners and go to TB unless TB gets upset and then it's host the winner of the 4 vs 5 match. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1