Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

49ers seem dangerous.

7-2 record last nine games.

Indeed. Plus, feel like our D is vulnerable to a power-running team.

Niners' ground game isn't on Philly's level, but it doesn't have to be because the quarterback can actually (sorta) throw. Still, rather be a 2/3 seed with a potential rematch at Tampa Bay awaiting instead of a trip to Green Bay.

Let's just hope everyone stays healthy/COVID-free and the offense shows up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Well it's officially an old school match-up. 

I like this better. Knocks the Rams down to 4. I think the defense can get to Garoppolo and make him look bad. And we saw how bad the match-up with the Cards was for them. 

Now it's beat the Niners and go to TB unless TB gets upset and then it's host the winner of the 4 vs 5 match. 

The goal is to get to the Superb Owl. 

if we won the first game, we were going to have to beat either GB or TB.  I'd rather take my chances with TB and maybe the Rams or Zona take out GB. we'd host the NFC champ game in that case.

Let's beat the Niners.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

49ers gonna run run and then play action all day. Try to shorten the game.

We need to score TDs, get a few stops and make the Niners have to lean on Jimmy G more. As long as this game is close or they have the lead, they are going to pound the hell out the ball.

54 minutes ago, Hate said:

My wife is a 49ers fan, so this is the worst case scenario for me personally. She’s a horrible winner and even worse lower when it comes to football.

yeah but the side piece is a Cowboys fan I assume. I mean you wouldn't make that mistake twice, right?

Well, I beat her in FF playoffs this year and her anger only lasted a week. If/when the Cowboys beat the 49ers next week, I may have to look for a side piece.

My only concern is their running game. The Cowboys have to stop it somehow and get them in 3rd and long. JimmyG will turn the ball over under pressure.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hate said:

Is a 17 game season a certainty? If so, I still hate it. 16 games was perfect.

Until the NFL gets 18.  Keep wanting to fuck that golden goose.  Eventually, they'll probably be 8 playoff teams too.

26 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We stop the run, we win. We don’t, we lose. Jimmy g ain’t gonna beat us. Kyle Shanahan’s zone run scheme can beat us. 

Also, prepare to be the trendy upset pick this week. That may not be the worst thing in the world 

Pretty much and Trent Williams should be back next week.  He's the highest graded OL in the league.  Have to pressure Jimmy G too, he'll throw a few up.  On the other side, it's pretty much like every other game, have to have some sort of run presence and make some big plays.  Niners have a good D.  Top 5 in yards, 11th in points.  Considering who they play in the division, that's pretty stout.  Our front 7 will be tested huge.  OL has to keep Dak clean. Probably come down to the turnover battle and 3rd down %.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Rams putting away Niners early.  Jimmy G already pulled.  It's hosting the Cards next week.  Too bad because the Panthers could legit win this week.

Good call. 

We will win round 1. Lose the following weekend. Wash, rinse, repeat for another 20 years or until jerry dies.
You really underestimate the rest of that hillbilly family. Stephen Jones is terrible. And I'm sure they will pass the team off to one of their goofy grandsons. We'll have to endure the Jones family for the rest of our lives
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You really underestimate the rest of that hillbilly family. Stephen Jones is terrible. And I'm sure they will pass the team off to one of their goofy grandsons. We'll have to endure the Jones family for the rest of our lives

Huh? Stephen has grown into a very good personnel guy with Will McClay. He will be running football operations and Charlotte will be team president. She’s smart as a whip and runs all the team businesses and stadium. Jerry has it all figured out; this is a family business and will be for generations. You accept these things.

Niners bucs packers bills 

I mean only if you want historic nostalgia rivalries. NFL would love it.

I mean Cowboys/Chiefs would be the only other SB with that cache….unless you think Rodgers/Mahomes in a Super Bowl is better than the hype for Brady/Mahomes was.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Huh? Stephen has grown into a very good personnel guy with Will McClay. He will be running football operations and Charlotte will be team president. She’s smart as a whip and runs all the team businesses and stadium. Jerry has it all figured out; this is a family business and will be for generations. You accept these things.

Stephen Jones is a penny pincher who takes zero risks. At least Jerry took risks at times. 

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't believe the owners will be OK with an odd numbered split of H/R games.

With the rotation of games to London, Mexico, and probably one more international location in the near future I think the odd # of home games was already incorporated into their plans. Beyond that, owners make so much money before one ticket is bought that more games for TV inventory is always going to be the prudent move from their perspective. 

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Stephen has proven to be fairly inept at judging the market. He tries to wait out every high profile contract negotiation only to end up paying even more than the player originally asked for. Demarcus Lawrence, Zeke, Zach Martin, and Dak all took him to the woodshed. Cooper was the only deal where he managed to get it right and that was solely due to Dak's negotiations taking place at the exact same time. I agree with you on Charlotte though. We'd be better off if she were handling player negotiations. Her choice of schools lets you know she's the real brains in the family. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

stephen is a fucking disaster. considerably dumber than daddy and without any of the charm. at least jerry is fun. stephen will be a boring stupid asshole who will also lose. the future is hopeless. 

I love this narrative that the only thing holding the Cowboys back is Jerry Jones. Stephen has plenty of clout and input on things now. There aren't many things that he'd like to do that Daddy won't let him at this point so I think we need to back away from rooting for Jerry's demise or "retirement" for this franchise to take the next step forward and win the SB.

Top 5 uni matchup in Cowboys-Niners. Here are the greatest unis. This list is indisputable:

1. Boys

2. Raiders

3. Niners

4. Saints

5. Redskins*

WFT took away one of the great logos.