Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

40 minutes ago, futureman said:

the saints? really?

24 minutes ago, Hate said:

I hate everything about the Saints including their uniforms. 

What part of indisputable do you fucks not understand?

Stephen Jones is a penny pincher who takes zero risks. At least Jerry took risks at times. 

Huh? They live in a cap. The team has drafted well the last couple years. What risks have they missed on that panned out elsewhere?

Stephen saved us from the last stupid risk Jerry wanted with fucking Manziel.

15 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The Dolphins wore their throwbacks yesterday, which once again highlights how stupid Miami was to ever go away from those. 

The Niners uniform is clean. They finally wised up and ditched the awful Steve Young era look with the 3D numbering. 

True. If the Dolphin isn't wearing a football helmet, I don't want to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, n64ra said:

True. If the Dolphin isn't wearing a football helmet, I don't want to see it.

The old AFL uniforms are flat awesome across the board. 

Dont love Cowboys matchup with Niners power game so have to get the lead and make Jimmy G beat you. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Top 5 uni matchup in Cowboys-Niners. Here are the greatest unis. This list is indisputable:

1. Boys

2. Raiders

3. Niners

4. Saints

5. Redskins*

WFT took away one of the great logos. 

I'm no Raiders fan but I think they've got the best-looking uniforms (home/away) in the entire league.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Figured.

Let's do a swap with Vangio...I'd LOVE To have him come here and continue what Quinn did.

I wouldn't totally hate Zimmer either.  He's not a good HC...too much like Garratt.  But he has had good defenses.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, bullzak said:

The old AFL uniforms are flat awesome across the board. 

Dont love Cowboys matchup with Niners power game so have to get the lead and make Jimmy G beat you. 

I was telling my kid yesterday about the Cowboys vs 49ers history when the Cowboys were a respected franchise instead of a run of the mill owner infused mediocre franchise. Since the Cowboys have not been shit for so long, I had to explaining the history using Texas vs USC of a few years ago as an analogy. The helmets meant something when we went to the game but we knew we were not watching anything close to what they were mid 2000's. I know I shouldn't go but I will be there in the 400 level since helmet stickers bring back good times. This will be my first Cowboys game since the early 1990's. Fuck you Jerry for the past 25 years!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a good feeling about this team getting over the hump and at least making it to NFC title game. I think we will get after Garrapolo and Brady and Rodgers. I think we can score at will on all of these teams - if Dak looks right. 

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I have a good feeling about this team getting over the hump and at least making it to NFC title game. I think we will get after Garrapolo and Brady and Rodgers. I think we can score at will on all of these teams - if Dak looks right. 

I want to agree with you but what is our most impressive win this year? The patriots against a green Mac Jones that got swept by the dolphins? The chargers who didn’t make the playoffs? We’ve had opportunities against competent teams this year and we’ve looked like shit. I think we had the benefit of a 3rd place nfc schedule and a bad division. I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if SF just ran the ball down our throat and our offense struggles. 

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I want to agree with you but what is our most impressive win this year? The patriots against a green Mac Jones that got swept by the dolphins? The chargers who didn’t make the playoffs? We’ve had opportunities against competent teams this year and we’ve looked like shit. I think we had the benefit of a 3rd place nfc schedule and a bad division. I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if SF just ran the ball down our throat and our offense struggles. 

That’d surprise me. SF D is average. They will score some points on us but we will get a few turnovers. There isn’t a team in the league that doesn’t have significant warts. TB is weakened significantly without Godwin and Brown. I’m not really scared of anyone with the exception of Rodgers/Adams and Mahomes/Kelce. 

16 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The schedule thing is a constant non-ordeal with how the draft and free agency works.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The schedule thing is a constant non-ordeal with how the draft and free agency works.   

That’s fair. To your point we got Arizona, Minnesota, and New England for being in 3rd place.

My point still stands though. We feasted on the bad teams this year and lost to most of the mediocre to good teams. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s fair. To your point we got Arizona, Minnesota, and New England for being in 3rd place.

My point still stands though. We feasted on the bad teams this year and lost to most of the mediocre to good teams. 

Pretty much every team did that this year.  

• Like 1

40 years of being a fan a battered one at that leaves me queezy.  I would like a 1994 payback of robbing us 3 straight victories. Fuck San Fran  but I just don’t trust Dak. The last few weeks are too jeckyl and Hyde.  The road is tough. Bucs packers looking tough because the refs protect Brady and Rodgers the way moms protect their new borns. But maybe. Just maybe. This team catches fire circa the Giants of 2007 lucky horseshoe shit that we all witnessed and just goes Ham 

19 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Cowboys went 3-3 against playoff teams this season. Sounds decent until you realize 2 of the wins were the eagles. 

1 of the wins was OT and 1 loss was OT. TB loss came down to non call on obvious 2 hand full arm extension push by a receiver on final drive. Cards only playoff team that really just handled them. 

I expect this game to be close

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Pretty much every team did that this year.  

Every nfc contender has beat another really strong nfc contender. We had two shots at that. TB and Arizona. We lost both. We don’t have a signature win this year that you can point to that gives you confidence that we can make a run. All the impressive performances have been close losses or against objectively bad teams. I don’t think NE is a good team. I think they backdoor’d into the playoffs and are the worst team in the afc in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Every nfc contender has beat another really strong nfc contender. We had two shots at that. TB and Arizona. We lost both. We don’t have a signature win this year that you can point to that gives you confidence that we can make a run. All the impressive performances have been close losses or against objectively bad teams. I don’t think NE is a good team. I think they backdoor’d into the playoffs and are the worst team in the afc in the playoffs. 

Pittsburgh is absolutely the worst team in the AFC playoffs.  NE is miles better than them.   TB, AZ, and GB all had losses that mirrored or were worse than Dallas' losses.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

40 years of being a fan a battered one at that leaves me queezy.  I would like a 1994 payback of robbing us 3 straight victories. Fuck San Fran  but I just don’t trust Dak. The last few weeks are too jeckyl and Hyde.  The road is tough. Bucs packers looking tough because the refs protect Brady and Rodgers the way moms protect their new borns. But maybe. Just maybe. This team catches fire circa the Giants of 2007 lucky horseshoe shit that we all witnessed and just goes Ham 

The similarity with that team is the pass rush. If this is to be a run like that they need to have Strahan/Tuck level dominance up front. 

Eli was dopey most of the time but that fucker got hot 2 times and Dak has to do the same. Aikman's best 16 game season is the 16 playoff games he played combined. These games are the only ones you're ultimately judged with.

There's no valid excuses. They have the pieces to win a super bowl this year. Several of those pieces will be gone after this season due to some bad contracts. Better win now. 

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

NE is worse than Raiders or Steelers?  Lol. The fuck outta here. They will probably beat Buffalo and give KC a run for their money. 

40 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The similarity with that team is the pass rush. If this is to be a run like that they need to have Strahan/Tuck level dominance up front. 

Eli was dopey most of the time but that fucker got hot 2 times and Dak has to do the same. Aikman's best 16 game season is the 16 playoff games he played combined. These games are the only ones you're ultimately judged with.

There's no valid excuses. They have the pieces to win a super bowl this year. Several of those pieces will be gone after this season due to some bad contracts. Better win now. 

Yep. For as dorky as Eli could be, he stepped up to the plate and performed way over his usual ability in 2007 and 2011. Now, his defense did help because he was not asked to really put up huge numbers constantly but he made some huge throws and really did not turn it over. He got himself 2 rings. Brees, Rodgers, Wilson only got one. And actually, he played better in the playoffs for those 2 rings than Peyton did for his 2 rings, especially that one with Denver.

If you can raise your game in the playoffs, you will not win much or be considered one of the greats. Dak has shown he can do this. He went toe to toe and played just as good with Rodgers as a rookie. Each of them had one pick but played great other than that. He beat Wilson in 2018. He was kind of ehhhh the next week against the Rams.

We need good Dak later this week. A confident Dak. One not timid and hesitant. 

Dallas should win this game if:

Dak is on point and confident in his reads.

No penalties

Muster at least a decent running game: play Pollard and Clement

D line gets pressure on Garopolo

If they play the same they’ve done recent

Hesitant Dak with sloppy footwork

Penalties and mistakes

Zeke two feet and fall down

Lose.

40 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

No penalties

Penalties and mistakes

Lose.

This is the hard hitting analysis we all come here for. If the offense and defense play well, we win if both play bad we lose.

Outstanding work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

No penalties

Penalties and mistakes

Lose.

this is extreme over-analysis.  If Dak's game QBR is higher than Mike White's season QBR...ballgame, blouses.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, DanTheHorn said:

I was telling my kid yesterday about the Cowboys vs 49ers history when the Cowboys were a respected franchise instead of a run of the mill owner infused mediocre franchise. Since the Cowboys have not been shit for so long, I had to explaining the history using Texas vs USC of a few years ago as an analogy. The helmets meant something when we went to the game but we knew we were not watching anything close to what they were mid 2000's. I know I shouldn't go but I will be there in the 400 level since helmet stickers bring back good times. This will be my first Cowboys game since the early 1990's. Fuck you Jerry for the past 25 years!!!!!

This narrative that the Cowboys have been dogshit since the Jimmy/Barry titles is a little overblown IMO. Granted, I grew up disliking the Cowboys considerably -- I was an Oilers fan (FML) -- but the Cowboys were perhaps the most decorated franchise at the point of their last title (with Pittsburgh and perhaps SF). In the last 26 seasons, the Cowboys have only eight losing seasons, won 10+ games nine times and made the playoffs 11 times. Yes, they need to do more at some point but they're not this abject embarrassment.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ man you’re being a bigger bitch than others in this thread normally are.

They won 12 fucking games. And all you can say is “weak schedule”. No matter what anyone says about wins and you’ll have some stupid rebuttal. The pats reeled off 6 strait after losing to us. Including some really good wins. But they “backed into the playoffs”?!? Jesus.

No result during the season has ANY bearing one what they’ll do Sunday. And guess what? Even if they lose a close hard fought game you still wouldn’t be right.

No one is as hot or playing as well as SF. 7-2 down the stretch? That run game is pretty unique for the NFC and there’s a good chance they’d beat ANYONE they faced this weekend if they run as well as they’ve shown. Their defense is legit. They started slow this season and then are playing their best as the playoffs start.

But I know how this’ll go. A loss, even a last second or OT loss will just allow you and other “same old cowboys” idiots to claim they never had a Chance anyways and see mediocre.

Thus will not be an easy game. But I will say this. San Fran will be their toughest test till the NFC title game. I’m not scared of any team in the NFC. Just Rodgers getting home cooking in Lambau. San Fran is a unique team that’s a bad matchup.

Basically, man the fuck up and pull for a win and stop finding reasons they won’t.

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

Jesus Christ man you’re being a bigger bitch than others in this thread normally are.

They won 12 fucking games. And all you can say is “weak schedule”. No matter what anyone says about wins and you’ll have some stupid rebuttal. The pats reeled off 6 strait after losing to us. Including some really good wins. But they “backed into the playoffs”?!? Jesus.

No result during the season has ANY bearing one what they’ll do Sunday. And guess what? Even if they lose a close hard fought game you still wouldn’t be right.

No one is as hot or playing as well as SF. 7-2 down the stretch? That run game is pretty unique for the NFC and there’s a good chance they’d beat ANYONE they faced this weekend if they run as well as they’ve shown. Their defense is legit. They started slow this season and then are playing their best as the playoffs start.

But I know how this’ll go. A loss, even a last second or OT loss will just allow you and other “same old cowboys” idiots to claim they never had a Chance anyways and see mediocre.

Thus will not be an easy game. But I will say this. San Fran will be their toughest test till the NFC title game. I’m not scared of any team in the NFC. Just Rodgers getting home cooking in Lambau. San Fran is a unique team that’s a bad matchup.

Basically, man the fuck up and pull for a win and stop finding reasons they won’t.

Huh?

SF is not a tougher game at home than TB would be on the road. If we can't beat SF at home, then this team was never about shit and a fraud that feasted off the East. I get it, SF will be tough. Their strength is our weakness. But if Dak wants to be considered a top of the league QB, Mike McCarthy and Quinn want redemption after how their last stints ended, defense wants to be respected and these WRs want to be talked about with the other great cores, then go out there and win the game. No excuses. If they lose this game, it will be on the list of more Dallas failures. SF will be the sexy pick to win but who cares.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Who gives a fuck if they lose a close game or in OT. 

quote-winning-isn-t-everything-it-s-the-

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

SF is not a tougher game at home than TB would be on the road. If we can't beat SF at home, then this team was never about shit and a fraud that feasted off the East. I get it, SF will be tough. Their strength is our weakness. But if Dak wants to be considered a top of the league QB, Mike McCarthy and Quinn want redemption after how their last stints ended, defense wants to be respected and these WRs want to be talked about with the other great cores, then go out there and win the game. No excuses. If they lose this game, it will be on the list of more Dallas failures. SF will be the sexy pick to win but who cares.

So many questionable opinions in his post 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:28 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

A team's performance in the prior year only affects like 2 games (now maybe 3 games in a 17 game season) on their schedule. I've never understood this argument about 1st place or 3rd place schedule. 6 games are against your own division and another 8 games are determined by where your division is on it's 4 year rotating schedule again other divisions. Way too much is made about 1st place or 3rd place schedule. Especially when you consider the fact that over half of the previous year's playoff teams get replaced the next year by a new set of playoff teams. 

19 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

mike-tomlin-breathe.gif.321ce41724868af918c131a7561cf63f.gif

18 hours ago, C-Man said:

This narrative that the Cowboys have been dogshit since the Jimmy/Barry titles is a little overblown IMO. Granted, I grew up disliking the Cowboys considerably -- I was an Oilers fan (FML) -- but the Cowboys were perhaps the most decorated franchise at the point of their last title (with Pittsburgh and perhaps SF). In the last 26 seasons, the Cowboys have only eight losing seasons, won 10+ games nine times and made the playoffs 11 times. Yes, they need to do more at some point but they're not this abject embarrassment.

I grew up a Cowboys fan starting in the early 70's and making the playoff was never in question till the mid 80's. While they were good in the 70's and early 90's the question is one's mind was are they going to make the Super Bowl. They were innovative and had coaches that were respected till the shit show of Barry and then the long line of yes men for Jerry other than Parcels. No it is not overblown they are a shit show of mediocrity compared to what they had been prior to Jerry getting his feelings hurt. Poor ole Jerry had Jimmy and his staff giggle in the room when he walked in after the Super Bowl. For that Cowboy fans have paid since we have not been elite like we use to be and it is all due to Jerry's ego wanting to have yes men and wanting to play GM.

Cowboys Are Crap Under Jerry.png

Edited by DanTheHorn
Just to illustrate the first 25 years of my fandom vs the last 25. Event if they win it all this year it is not even close to good.
  • Like 1

Playoff football generally comes down to strong O line play and run game, takeaways, penalties. The best indicator of success is not overall record but December record.

But what are their issues. One is Shanahan. 28-3. Can’t stick to meat and potatoes Football and will geniusfy his ass into dumb playcalling. 2 is Garopolo. Fragile. Not a big shoulders QB. Quinn knows how to attack these issues and will. Shanahan killed his SB in 28-3 and I hope murders the dude.

Micah Parsons is a huge differentiator whether playing on line or at LB. He lines up about 60/40 ; how do you defend against him? And also deal with Gregory and Lawrence. (Hope Quinn has been coaching on run contain for the edge players; they chase ducks)

Pittsburgh is absolutely the worst team in the AFC playoffs.  NE is miles better than them.   TB, AZ, and GB all had losses that mirrored or were worse than Dallas' losses.  

NE is not miles better than the Steelers. Better? Sure, but the Steelers could easily beat them.

Watt and Hayward are damn good. If the Steelers open up the offense, they could score enough to win.

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

NE is not miles better than the Steelers. Better? Sure, but the Steelers could easily beat them.

Watt and Hayward are damn good. If the Steelers open up the offense, they could score enough to win.

They’re not opening up shit with Ben still taking snaps