COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

58 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You’re missing like 20 conservative radio hosts 

I'll add one. I actually talked to this choad one time. I got hung up on quick.

3. Phil Valentine, Nashville's bigtime AM conservative talk host. 

(CNN)Phil Valentine, a Nashville-based conservative radio talk show host who had questioned whether it was necessary for all people to get Covid-19 vaccines, died on Saturday, his employer, WWTN Radio, announced on Twitter. Valentine was 61 years old.

"Please keep the Valentine family in your thoughts and prayers," the station said in the tweet.

His death comes more than a month after the host first announced he had been diagnosed with Covid-19. On his program, Valentine had repeatedly downplayed the importance of getting a vaccine against the virus, saying last December that he believed his personal odds of dying from Covid-19 were "probably way less than one percent."

But his message changed in late July when his family announced that Valentine had been hospitalized in "very serious condition" and was suffering from "Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects."

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his brother Mark Valentine wrote on July 22.

Mark Valentine told CNN's Alisyn Camerota in a July 26 interview his brother was doing better but was "still very deep in the woods" and breathing with assistance.

"He recognizes now that him not getting the vaccination has probably caused a bunch of other people not to get vaccinated," he said in the interview. "And that he regrets."

Remember, kids: In life, you are always either making memories or stacking up regrets. Don't be like Phil Valentine.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-z6MwrqX-_blyQWuH0aE

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4. The Herminator

Just before announcing his diagnosis on July 2, Cain posted support for not mandating masks at a July 4 event at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota that Trump was planning to attend.

“Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!” he tweeted.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzeuhF0L4TpIUvDBQqQjM

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charlie Sykes had a piece this morning that listed a bunch of the conservative radio assholes from which I have stolen the following:

5. Dick Farrel

A West Palm Beach Florida radio host who died of COVID had also mocked medical experts.

Dick Farrel, 65, used his local talk show and social media to rail against Dr. Anthony Fauci, who he called a “power tripping lying freak,” and say that no one should get the coronavirus vaccine. When COVID-19 sent him to the hospital for three weeks, though, he changed his tune, urging friends to get vaccinated, friends told local station WPTV.

But as recently as July, Farrel wrote, “Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical. Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!’”

He erroneously told his followers they would not need the vaccine if they had already survived COVID-19. The CDC has advised former coronavirus patients to get vaccinated.

He died in early August of COVID complications.

6.  Jimmy DeYoung

Jimmy DeYoung had also made a point of spreading skepticism about the COVID vaccine.

One of his frequent guests, Sam Rohrer, said on DeYoung’s show in February that the COVID-19 vaccines had “potential problems” and said they wouldn’t deliver on the promises national leaders put forth.

“Could this be another form of government control of the people?” DeYoung asked Rohrer, to which the guest agreed.

When Roher finished his conversation about the “deceptiveness” of government officials related to the vaccines, DeYoung called it “very, very important information.”

He died in mid-August of COVID-19.

7.  Marc Bernier

Before he got COVID, Marc Bernier had called himself, “Mr Anti-Vax”.

When Bernier was hospitalised with Covid-19, three weeks ago, WNDB operations manager Mark McKinney told local media: “If you’ve listened to his show, you’ve heard him talk about how anti-vaccine he is on the air.”

In December, Bernier told one guest: “I’m not taking it … Are you kidding me? Mr Anti-Vax? Jeepers.”

The Volusia county sheriff, Mike Chitwood, said the station told him Bernier, 65, died on Saturday night.

One of the last things that conservative talk show host did before he died of COVID was to send out this tweet:

8. H Scott Apley

Forty-five-year-old H. Scott Apley was a member of the Texas Republican Party’s governing board. “I wish I lived in the area!” he wrote this spring about a “mask burning” party in Cincinnati.

According to the Washington Post, he once replied on Twitter to a doctor’s post celebrating the effectiveness of Pfizer’s shots against the coronavirus: “You are an absolute enemy of a free people.” He remained a skeptic almost to the very end. Via the Wapo:

[On] Friday, the 45-year-old Dickinson City Council member republished a Facebook post implying that vaccines don’t work.

Two days later, Apley was admitted to a Galveston hospital with “pneumonia-like symptoms” and tested positive for coronavirus, according to an online fundraising campaign. He was sedated and put on a ventilator.

On Wednesday, he died, members of his county’s party announced on social media.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to derail but do all/any of these radio hosts actually have a radio or TV show, or did they just have a streaming and/or youtube channel? Calling some of them radio hosts can be giving them too much street cred.

Apparently there really are multiple layers of radio hostdom, sort of like the various minor league levels in baseball. Hosts will move up (and I guess down) from market to market, or maybe get a try-out as a co-host at a bigger station. It's a constant swirl of turnover.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Apparently there really are multiple layers of radio hostdom, sort of like the various minor league levels in baseball. Hosts will move up (and I guess down) from market to market, or maybe get a try-out as a co-host at a bigger station. It's a constant swirl of turnover.

Sounds like some openings in AA this year. 

2 hours ago, Gap03 said:

But as recently as July, Farrel wrote, “Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical. Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!’”

What is it with conservatives, evangelicals, aggies and other assorted right-wing detritus that leads them to use curse words but misspell them?  "Shid"?  

We know what you're trying to say.  We know you say it in real life.  Just live a little (well, not you, you're dead) and type the word "Shit!", or if it bothers you so, find another way to say what you want to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What is it with conservatives, evangelicals, aggies and other assorted right-wing detritus that leads them to use curse words but misspell them?  "Shid"?  

We know what you're trying to say.  We know you say it in real life.  Just live a little (well, not you, you're dead) and type the word "Shit!", or if it bothers you so, find another way to say what you want to say.

Oh H-E-double-hockey-sticks!

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Modern conservatism is more a mental illness than a political philosophy. I'm wondering how much it will be impeded by the death of so many local conservative talk show hosts -- it has to be a non-zero impact.

Nothing surprises me. The entire "fake news" affliction could just as soon lead these lemmings to believe that these fucksticks didnt really die of Covid. Thats the demoraliing aspect of convincing 45% of the country that truth no longer matters. If you don't like what you hear, just discount it as fake. 

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to derail but do all/any of these radio hosts actually have a radio or TV show, or did they just have a streaming and/or youtube channel? Calling some of them radio hosts can be giving them too much street cred.

Phil Valentine was as big as it gets in Nashville. Michael Berry-level. 

7 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

image.png.84b25c501d693e1bcac4dabc3e4370e1.png

I think if you just tell your family and friends and small network that this is all bullshit and don't get vaccines and wear masks, and you get Covid and die.  It's not to be mocked.  We all broadcast misinformation to our inner circles all the time.  But if you have any kind of media outlet, broadcast license, hold elected office (no matter how local and small the position), are a celebrity, or have more than 1,000 followers on any social media platform.  And you broadcast that misinformation and you get Covid and die instead of the vaccine---I think we get to piss on your grave.  And on the anniversary of your death, we get to remind your surviving family members that you gave your life for their double-wide freedom! 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I think if you just tell your family and friends and small network that this is all bullshit and don't get vaccines and wear masks, and you get Covid and die.  It's not to be mocked.  We all broadcast misinformation to our inner circles all the time.  But if you have any kind of media outlet, broadcast license, hold elected office (no matter how local and small the position), are a celebrity, or have more than 1,000 followers on any social media platform.  And you broadcast that misinformation and you get Covid and die instead of the vaccine---I think we get to piss on your grave.  And on the anniversary of your death, we get to remind your surviving family members that you gave your life for their double-wide freedom! 

It’s basically people who would rather own the libs and die than admit the libs are right on something ( anything).

I say good riddance. Let covid take out the trash. These people all suck anyway.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s basically people who would rather own the libs and die than admit the libs are right on something ( anything).

I say good riddance. Let covid take out the trash. These people all suck anyway.

It's a helluva sunk cost fallacy to ride your beliefs into the grave because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

As I said elsewhere, some of these people really fucking piss me off, not because they were anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers, but because they had young families that relied on them, and they ultimately should have manned the fuck up and gotten the vaccine and done everything they could to protect their kids and to be around for their kids upbringing. Instead, they fuck around and find out and leave their wives begging on GoFundMe for money to pay the bills and buy their kids clothes.

When you are a high-profile anti-mask/anti-vax type out there, and you fuck around and find out, everybody will learn just how well you took care of, or did not take care of your family.  People will learn how much of a failure you were as a man, a father, and a husband, when you die and leave your wife/family without any money to pay the bills.

• Hook 'Em 4

Remember when those guys were considered completely disconnected pro-Trump shitbags?  
I look at the now and think, "I dunno, they seem somewhat reasonable.  Could we make them precinct chairs?"