COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

49 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Robert David Steele, the conspiracy theorist who organized a far-right event in Belfast in July and called COVID-19 a hoax, has reportedly died of the disease. 

Steele, a former CIA officer, was hospitalized with COVID-19 in early August, shortly after he spoke to a large crowd at the Crosby Center.

Known for anti-Semitic beliefs and falsely asserting that NASA operates a child slave colony on Mars, Steele was also a promoter of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy that centers on the baseless idea that former President Donald Trump will vanquish a shadowy cabal of Democratic pedophiles.

Steele made an assortment of wild claims during the Belfast event, including that U.S. military bases are "lily pads" used for the smuggling of gold and children.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, you know . . . James made the decision, not the idiots who spewed the lunacy.  Maybe blame James just a bit.

If I gave knowingly really crappy medical advice, that fails to met standard of care, to strangers online and they died even though they could choose to follow it or not, then I would be steak tartar in front of the state medical board.  Ultimately the blame lies at feet of the individual who chooses poorly but there’s plenty of blame to go around in this pandemic. 

Back to the DT.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

If I gave knowingly really crappy medical advice, that fails to met standard of care, to strangers online and they died even though they could choose to follow it or not, then I would be steak tartar in front of the state medical board.  Ultimately the blame lies at feet of the individual who chooses poorly but there’s plenty of blame to go around in this pandemic. 

I did say "blame James just a bit".  I agree, those who prey on the weak-minded share in the blame.

I still can't figure out the upside in doing so, but lots of things in life never make any sense.

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's a helluva sunk cost fallacy to ride your beliefs into the grave because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

As I said elsewhere, some of these people really fucking piss me off, not because they were anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers, but because they had young families that relied on them, and they ultimately should have manned the fuck up and gotten the vaccine and done everything they could to protect their kids and to be around for their kids upbringing. Instead, they fuck around and find out and leave their wives begging on GoFundMe for money to pay the bills and buy their kids clothes.

When you are a high-profile anti-mask/anti-vax type out there, and you fuck around and find out, everybody will learn just how well you took care of, or did not take care of your family.  People will learn how much of a failure you were as a man, a father, and a husband, when you die and leave your wife/family without any money to pay the bills.

The thing about Caleb Wallace is that he most likely will be buried in his boots and thus in his last moment depriving the Widow Wallace of that one most essential Republican mainstay: bootstraps.

So yeah, that online charity plea is pretty much what's left.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to derail but do all/any of these radio hosts actually have a radio or TV show, or did they just have a streaming and/or youtube channel? Calling some of them radio hosts can be giving them too much street cred.

There's a ton of AM radio stations still on the air. They're 20% religious, 80% GQP talk.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I did say "blame James just a bit".  I agree, those who prey on the weak-minded share in the blame.

I still can't figure out the upside in doing so, but lots of things in life never make any sense.

Those telephone doctors prescribing horse dewormer are charging $90 a pop. And telephone wait times to that site are loonng.

America's Frontline Doctors, Time Magazine

AFLD has been a leading promoter of ivermectin, a medication typically used to treat parasitic worms in livestock, as a “safe and effective treatment” for COVID-19. Through its website, Mike says, he paid the group $90 for a telemedicine appointment with a doctor willing to prescribe the drug.

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Those telephone doctors prescribing horse dewormer are charging $90 a pop. And telephone wait times to that site are loonng.

America's Frontline Doctors, Time Magazine

State boards are gonna start yanking Licenses for a lot of covid denier docs and those using these type of treatments.  I’ll try to find the memos but I’m sure red states will leave those docs alone.  Shame.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

State boards are gonna start yanking Licenses for a lot of covid denier docs and those using these type of treatments.  I’ll try to find the memos but I’m sure red states will leave those docs alone.  Shame.  

at $90 a pop for maybes 15 minute phone call, no way they can take that level of grift away.  

Pastor Tim:  God, why didn't you help me? 

God: You dumbass, I gave y'all a vaccine...  take the elevator south, please. 

PS - God just spared this idiot from having to watch Cal's Cats this season. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

jfc this pandemic is creating a shitload of orphans/single parent households

There were approximately 400,000 US service personnel killed in WW2.

We're 50% beyond that in 18 months.

Sure, it's not the same age/gender extent, but it's still 50% more dead Americans in maybe 1/3 of the time frame.  It's devastating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Posted upthread but I will do it again -- Martin Luther's words from 1527:

"They are much too rash and reckless, tempting God and disregarding everything which might counteract death and the plague. They disdain the use of medicines; they do not avoid places and persons infected by the plague, but lightheartedly make sport of it and wish to prove how independent they are. They say that it is God’s punishment; if he wants to protect them he can do so without medicines or our carefulness. This is not trusting God but tempting him. God has created medicines and provided us with intelligence to guard and take good care of the body so that we can live in good health.

If one makes no use of intelligence or medicine when he could do so without detriment to his neighbor, such a person injures his body and must beware lest he become a suicide in God’s eyes. By the same reasoning a person might forego eating and drinking, clothing and shelter, and boldly proclaim his faith that if God wanted to preserve him from starvation and cold, he could do so without food and clothing. Actually that would be suicide.

It is even more shameful for a person to pay no heed to his own body and to fail to protect it against the plague the best he is able, and then to infect and poison others who might have remained alive if he had taken care of his body as he should have. He is thus responsible before God for his neighbor’s death and is a murderer many times over." 

To which I will add -- we don't hear much about this being God's punishment, I guess because it isn't confined to one city the pastors of these false religions can brand as sinful. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 5:08 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

A dedicated thread for those who publicly fucked around and found it -- especially those who encouraged others to follow their lead.

1. Caleb Wallace, the "Freedom Defender" of San Angelo. Hosted a July 4 Freedom Rally in San Angelo and got sick later that month. Would not see a doctor because, his widow explained, he did not want to contribute to the statistics. Turned to ivermectin and high doses of zinc and vitamin C but went into a coma and died on August 8, a month and four days after his hosting of a superspreader event. He leaves behind a pregnant wife and three kids; you can find their GoFundMe if you want to. And maybe you should -- his widow did not share his views and masks up regularly. Not her fault nor their kids'.

Good foreshadowing

2 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Here's another theme they seem to like:

spacer.png

That one always gets me.  Yes, I agree, Cancer treatments and insulin should be free!  However, the vaccine being "free" to you has nothing to do with those.

(She's dead, btw)

Oh yeah, not to mention as far as I know Diabetes and Cancer aren't contagious. 

19 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

[snip]

"They are much too rash and reckless, tempting God and disregarding everything which might counteract death and the plague. They distain the use of medicines; they do not avoid places and persons infected by the plague, but lightheartedly make sport of it and wish to prove how independent they are. They say that it is God’s punishment; if he wants to protect them he can do so without medicines or our carefulness. This is not trusting God but tempting him. God has created medicines and provided us with intelligence to guard and take good care of the body so that we can live in good health. "

The bold part exactly.  Like the joke about the praying for god to save them from a flood the neighbor comes by but they turn them away, then a firefighter but they still won't leave.  When the person dies and asked God why he didn't save him the replay is I sent your neighbor and a firefighter.

So the vaccine is help, if you don't take that help you are taunting God not relying on him.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 6