COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

On 8/31/2021 at 9:11 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

He had a song that felt like he wrote it about me.  Can’t listen to it without wondering. Didn’t get a ton of airplay though. 

It’s called I made Linda Lovelace choke. 

You identify with Linda?  Innnnnnnnnnn-teresting.

Seems like this belongs here:

image.thumb.png.52f19f36934bdda17dcea95cbb0a11d9.png

Maj. Gen. Hassan Firouzabadi saluting during an annual military parade in Tehran in 2010. His death from Covid-19 was reported by Iranian news outlets on Friday.Credit...Atta Kenare/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

A close military aide to Iran’s supreme leader who led the armed forces for 27 years and once accused Western enemies of deploying lizards to spy on Iranian nuclear activities has died from Covid-19.

The death of Maj. Gen. Hassan Firouzabadi, 70, was reported Friday by Iranian news outlets as the country grapples with its fifth wave of coronavirus infections — and as Iranians have grown increasingly irate at the government’s response.

47 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Maj. Gen. Hassan Firouzabadi saluting during an annual military parade in Tehran in 2010. His death from Covid-19 was reported by Iranian news outlets on Friday.Credit...Atta Kenare/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

A close military aide to Iran’s supreme leader who led the armed forces for 27 years and once accused Western enemies of deploying lizards to spy on Iranian nuclear activities has died from Covid-19.

The death of Maj. Gen. Hassan Firouzabadi, 70, was reported Friday by Iranian news outlets as the country grapples with its fifth wave of coronavirus infections — and as Iranians have grown increasingly irate at the government’s response.

Tangent: It would be bad ass if we trained chameleons or geckos to perform espionage. No one except this guy would catch on. And he's dead now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PsychMike said:

Seems like this belongs here:

image.thumb.png.52f19f36934bdda17dcea95cbb0a11d9.png

They must give out rings instead of ribbons and bars in Iran. 

The niece of a former co-worker of mine is a teacher (2nd year). She has COVID and was placed on a ventilator yesterday morning. Based on the current COVID hospitalization numbers, she likely didn’t get vaccinated and will soon join the FAFO roll call. 

^

OMFG, I'm gonna wake the little one up from her nap trying to contain my laughter.  It's probably fake, but you know with 100% certainty that this fate has befallen some anti-vaxx dumbass somewhere out there in America.  

"if felt like acid was coming out of my asshole" 

The rash and blurred vision?  Holy cow, that's funny.  "can no longer keep poo in my anus" (that's not where it 'stays' but still very funny).  Wear nappies.

And the piece de resistance?  He never had Covid to begin with.  

Now he's just "Leaky Ass McGee" from Florida.  Always leaving a trail of his whereabouts for law enforcement.  I don't know why this is so funny.  

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

^

OMFG, I'm gonna wake the little one up from her nap trying to contain my laughter.  It's probably fake, but you know with 100% certainty that this fate has befallen some anti-vaxx dumbass somewhere out there in America.  

"if felt like acid was coming out of my asshole" 

The rash and blurred vision?  Holy cow, that's funny.  "can no longer keep poo in my anus" (that's not where it 'stays' but still very funny).  Wear nappies.

And the piece de resistance?  He never had Covid to begin with.  

Now he's just "Leaky Ass McGee" from Florida.  Always leaving a trail of his whereabouts for law enforcement.  I don't know why this is so funny.  

Yeah, we read it. 

• Haha 4

Probably because of all the attention Joe Rogan is getting, Alex Jones has now revealed to the world that he has had Covid twice and cured it with Ivermectin both times. That's the backstory of him taking some live on the air the other day.

i don't know what to believe. He says the first case was 18 months but almost nobody was talking up Ivermectin then. The fresh case was about two weeks ago...oh, and amid this rambling confession, he says he has never tested positive for it. I guess he just "knew" he had it both times. 

He is very very high atop my list of people I want to get a really nasty case, but I bet that fat fuck got a vax on the downlow. 

• Haha 1

Alex, “I was taking horse paste years ago, before it was cool!  You hear me?!?   I got turned on to it by my girlfriend in Canada.  We met at a steeplechase in Niagara Falls!”

On 9/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, JimmyJames said:

Hmm. I apparently subconsciously knew I was right.

I am curious what fattyflatie or whatever his name is was so surprised I liked David Allen Coe.

Not surprised you like some of his music.  But it’s pretty well known he’s a racist pos.  Probably a bigger demigod to Magats than the orange man himself.  I know he tried to fight that image later, but see maybeacoordinators moms thoughts on it.  Was just a bit surprised is all. Figured Little Sussie Shallowthroat, Don’t bite the dick, and N*gger Fucker would be a bit too lowbrow for most here, yourself included. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Album

I’ve told this story on the hunting thread iirc, but me and the oldest (9) were driving around the ranch one time just checking on things and talking life.  Was riding around in a community ranch truck, radio just barely on.  Well If that ain’t county comes on and I don’t even think twice about it, turn it up a bit.  Then 30 seconds or whatever, the line with the N-bomb drops.  I turn it down a few seconds after, and start talking about something else.  A minute or so later, daughter asks, what does he mean “working like a n-“ and what is room and board?   Hard to explain any of that to an 8 yo so just told her that it’s one of the words that if she ever repeats, she won’t be able to sit for a week.  Felt good that she had never heard that at school or from bullies, but felt fucking terrible because I thought she’d have another several years before it would ever get to her brain.  So thanks DAC, dickhead. 

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Not surprised you like some of his music.  But it’s pretty well known he’s a racist pos.  Probably a bigger demigod to Magats than the orange man himself.  I know he tried to fight that image later, but see maybeacoordinators moms thoughts on it.  Was just a bit surprised is all. Figured Little Sussie Shallowthroat, Don’t bite the dick, and N*gger Fucker would be a bit too lowbrow for most here, yourself included. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Album

I’ve told this story on the hunting thread iirc, but me and the oldest (9) were driving around the ranch one time just checking on things and talking life.  Was riding around in a community ranch truck, radio just barely on.  Well If that ain’t county comes on and I don’t even think twice about it, turn it up a bit.  Then 30 seconds or whatever, the line with the N-bomb drops.  I turn it down a few seconds after, and start talking about something else.  A minute or so later, daughter asks, what does he mean “working like a n-“ and what is room and board?   Hard to explain any of that to an 8 yo so just told her that it’s one of the words that if she ever repeats, she won’t be able to sit for a week.  Felt good that she had never heard that at school or from bullies, but felt fucking terrible because I thought she’d have another several years before it would ever get to her brain.  So thanks DAC, dickhead. 

My parents were friends with Rodney Crowell, Guy, Townes, Steve Earle and that whole bunch arrived in Nashville over the course of a couple of years in the early and mid '70s. Coe came in there and at first they thought he was cool -- you know, except for Rodney, all of those guys were more or less middle class rebels, and here was this *authentic* ex-con who could play and write a little. 

They quickly found out that:

A) he was not that talented as a writer and started to come across as a try-hard weirdo

and 

B) worse, he was a song thief.

Another of my parents' friends at that time was a Houston songwriter named Richard Dobson. Coe flat out stole his song "Piece of Wood and Steel." That was one of the best songs Dobson ever would write but it's credited to Coe and he had a hit with it on country radio. Dobson never had a hit under his own name but wrote a bunch of songs that ended up on more famous artists' albums. He co-wrote "Old Friends" with Guy...that's probably the one song most on these boards would know.

anyway....for some reason Coe was not ballsy enough to swipe Townes's "If I Needed You" words and music both so he just stole the melody note-for-note for "his" song "Would You Lay With Me in a Field of Stone." IIRC that was a sizable hit both for him and later Tanya Tucker in one of her lil' jailbait anthems. 

Before my mom had everybody pissing on his album cover, that's what he was doing. He was hanging out at their all-night jams (believe it or not he's always been a mostly sober person) and stealing their tunes.

so if you are ever wondering wtf Coe is doing in that movie Heartworn Highways with all those great songwriters, it's because the filmmaker caught them all right at that moment when they still thought Coe was cool. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Gonzales County sheriff dies following long battle with COVID-19, officials say

Sheriff Robert Ynclan died Sunday from the virus

Gonzales County Sheriff Robert Ynclan has died following a lengthy, difficult battle with COVID-19, according to the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff Robert Ynclan died on Sunday. Officials said he first fell ill with the virus last month.

“Our prayers and condolences are with the Ynclan Family, as we honor his memory and mourn his loss,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

Sheriff Ynclan was a native of Fredericksburg but had relocated to Gonzales while serving as a state trooper with the Texas Department of Public Safety, according to the GCSO.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/09/06/gonzales-county-sheriff-dies-following-long-difficult-battle-with-covid-19-officials-say/

I think this thread is for people who have mocked covid and spread misinformation.

There are a lot of people who aren't getting vaccinated because of something a friend told them, or they listen to right-wing talk radio, and they're not sharp enough to understand what's going on. A lot of people who listen to right-wing talk radio are like that.

• Rage+1 1