COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

Not exactly a total fofa since was a good guy who wasn’t all that political but still didn’t get vaxed and just died a few days ago. Early forties, good shape, no health issues, ex military, three kids and and a wife, now dead. Never really knew him just the 41 year old husband of a friend of a friend. Dead. 

I'm in day 3 of waiting for symptoms after a short one-hour dinner with my daughter Tuesday night.  She tested positive Wednesday morning.  She's double vaxxed, boosted, and feeling fine.  Same here.

Two years of extreme care and one fucking dinner later, I'm gonna get this stupid virus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Remember this guy? Well did not work out well for him. 

That smug fucker sure set Inslee straight. "check and mate, guv'nor." 

You want to quit your job to stay true to your principles, I got no issue with that, its your choice. But fuck this guy for recording it to push out on social media so aggy can get hard. Probably didnt even get a chance to make the Fox, America One, Inforwars rube run. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm in day 3 of waiting for symptoms after a short one-hour dinner with my daughter Tuesday night.  She tested positive Wednesday morning.  She's double vaxxed, boosted, and feeling fine.  Same here.
Two years of extreme care and one fucking dinner later, I'm gonna get this stupid virus.

My wife is quarantining with my 5 year who might have. Thankfully he is double vaxxed, but has had asthma issue before.

I’m hopeful it’s just a winter cold that myself and his older brother get every winter. Still Fuck everyone who spreads the bullshit they do with this.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just about once a week I hear about someone I grew up with getting killed by covid. I grew up in Wilco when it was red assed conservative, and all these dead folks were anti vax, trumpkin., racist, evangelical dickwads. 

All men, some leaving behind families. 

Propaganda is a dangerous and horrible tool. There should be laws against it but that's a slippery slope in regards to freedom of speech.

My sister is now an ICU nurse and tells me every day of entire families screaming at her that their relative didn't die of covid.

I was angry but now it just makes me sad. I actually pity them as they are a product of centuries of willful ignorance. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Not exactly a total fofa since was a good guy who wasn’t all that political but still didn’t get vaxed and just died a few days ago. Early forties, good shape, no health issues, ex military, three kids and and a wife, now dead. Never really knew him just the 41 year old husband of a friend of a friend. Dead. 

you-sure-really.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s just another notch in the belt of anti vaxxers like GRUHorn. If we decided to hang guys like him I’d have no problem since they profit off of death. 

The thing that gets me is that pretty much everybody I know who is anti-vax, there is always a sliver of it being political in some manner.  I've got an older relative who pulls the "well, I'm allergic to whatever" or "MRNA scares me" or whatever, and I toss out the "use the J&J vaccine" and then they start flailing about for a reason not to use that, and I point out that they got the flu vaccine, that they got the pneumonia vaccine last year, etc., and they keep reaching for reasons not to take this particular vaccine, reasons that aren't political, and they even say "don't make this political" when I never bring up politics with them, and the fact that they say "don't make this political" when I've never mentioned the government or any party or candidate or politician means it's on their mind.

At the end of the day, they voted for Trump twice.

And for those who are younger like the guy you mentioned, who consider themselves fit and not at much risk, the fact that they had no problem with vaccines when they went in the military, or they had no problem getting vaccines to travel overseas, or they get the flu vaccine every year, and toss in the older ones who get the pneumonia vaccine, etc., but they are hesitant about this, I need only look at who they voted for, or what they post on FB and almost always, Trump/GOP.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I've got an older relative who pulls the "well, I'm allergic to whatever" or "MRNA scares me" or whatever, and I toss out the "use the J&J vaccine" and then they start flailing about for a reason not to use that, and I point out that they got the flu vaccine, that they got the pneumonia vaccine last year, etc., and they keep reaching for reasons not to take this particular vaccine, reasons that aren't political, and they even say "don't make this political" when I never bring up politics with them, and the fact that they say "don't make this political" when I've never mentioned the government or any party or candidate or politician means it's on their mind.

At the end of the day, they voted for Trump twice.

And by the way, and I'm not too proud of this, I've brought this woman to tears a few times over the past year.  Her sisters all have grandchildren, and there was a pretty decent chance she wasn't going to be a grandmother, something which I know bothered her greatly.  Three years ago, at 41 years old, her old child  (my cousin) had twins after a lot of failed attempts at IVF, etc., finally making her a grandmother.  She was so extremely proud and so ecstatic.  Her FB feed was full of nothing but photos of her granddaughters (one of whom was named after her).

Pandemic hit, she got really scared about getting sick or getting the twins sick so she became a bit of a recluse.

Vaccines come along.  She refuses.  Her daughter asks me to talk to her because she would get emotional and hang up on her daughter, telling her she doesn't understand.

A couple of times I told her that she waited over 40 years to become a grandmother, and if she gets COVID, it's all gone and her granddaughters, including the one named after her, will never get to really know her.  She's not going to see them riding their bikes, losing their first tooth, have conversations with them, personally give them their mom's clothes and toys from when their mom was their age, etc.

I've put her in absolute tears over it.  I don't call her selfish or anything like that, although inside I'm thinking it.  I just point out that she hasn't seen her granddaughters in person since 2020, and that if she gets COVID, the next time they see her in-person will be at her funeral. I've also told her that she has plenty of years left to make a lot of memories with those little girls (she's their only grandma still alive), but they will miss out on it if she gets it, and that they won't remember much, if anything of her as adults.

It makes me so fucking angry though, because regardless of how careful she is (and I know she is very careful and has been), I know she will get it, and I know they'll have to bury her.  Those little girls are just starting to talk to her on FaceTime.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

We're all getting Omicron. Welcome to the party.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And by the way, and I'm not too proud of this, I've brought this woman to tears a few times over the past year.  Her sisters all have grandchildren, and there was a pretty decent chance she wasn't going to be a grandmother, something which I know bothered her greatly.  Three years ago, at 41 years old, her old child  (my cousin) had twins after a lot of failed attempts at IVF, etc., finally making her a grandmother.  She was so extremely proud and so ecstatic.  Her FB feed was full of nothing but photos of her granddaughters (one of whom was named after her).

Pandemic hit, she got really scared about getting sick or getting the twins sick so she became a bit of a recluse.

Vaccines come along.  She refuses.  Her daughter asks me to talk to her because she would get emotional and hang up on her daughter, telling her she doesn't understand.

A couple of times I told her that she waited over 40 years to become a grandmother, and if she gets COVID, it's all gone and her granddaughters, including the one named after her, will never get to really know her.  She's not going to see them riding their bikes, losing their first tooth, have conversations with them, personally give them their mom's clothes and toys from when their mom was their age, etc.

I've put her in absolute tears over it.  I don't call her selfish or anything like that, although inside I'm thinking it.  I just point out that she hasn't seen her granddaughters in person since 2020, and that if she gets COVID, the next time they see her in-person will be at her funeral. I've also told her that she has plenty of years left to make a lot of memories with those little girls (she's their only grandma still alive), but they will miss out on it if she gets it, and that they won't remember much, if anything of her as adults.

It makes me so fucking angry though, because regardless of how careful she is (and I know she is very careful and has been), I know she will get it, and I know they'll have to bury her.  Those little girls are just starting to talk to her on FaceTime.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

My mom had an aunt who had framed images of Billy Graham and Jesus. Sweet woman; it would be unfair to call her a vengeful Bible-thumper. In light of the family heartache you describe, I am grateful she never saw these last two years. Seeing echoes of her reaction in my own aunt is painful enough.  Both these ladies were (are) hyper sensitive to talk of the Beast’s mark.

I don’t even try with my aunt. She affords my perceived apostasy silently. I can respect her beliefs enough to not try to change her mind. My aunt has seen her grandchildren grow, and thrive. My cousins have not sought my advice.  Nor intervention. What will be, will be. But, I love her dearly, as you obviously love your relative.

The folks who politicized COVID can fuck off to the end of awareness. Fuck the folks who pushed caution aside. Fuck those who parse marginal gain. Fuck those who want to ignore the toll of war and frame it as acceptable. And infinitely fuck those who conflate the vaccines with evil intent and falsely claim that going into a store is equivalent to obtaining goods from a store.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

That smug fucker sure set Inslee straight. "check and mate, guv'nor." 

You want to quit your job to stay true to your principles, I got no issue with that, its your choice. But fuck this guy for recording it to push out on social media so aggy can get hard. Probably didnt even get a chance to make the Fox, America One, Inforwars rube run. 

He made the Fox News run:

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/robert-lamay-50-naches-wa-ex-state-trooper-anti-vaxxer-dead-from-covid

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Odds that foxnews reports on his death? 

Blutarsky grades gif. 

They did. Not a top story, but they did. 

Washington trooper who defied state vaccine mandate and told gov to 'kiss my a--' dies from COVID-19

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/washington-trooper-who-defied-states-vaccine-mandate-dies-from-covid

56 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Washington trooper who defied state vaccine mandate and told gov to 'kiss my a--' dies from COVID-19

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/washington-trooper-who-defied-states-vaccine-mandate-dies-from-covid

Made the mistake of peeking at some comments. Should have known better.  

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Bookman said:

We're all getting Omicron. Welcome to the party.

Not necessarily. I've had at least 35 students in and out of my classroom who have gone positive with omicron since school started again after Christmas break. My booster has held strong and I've stayed clear of it. Maybe I'm just lucky, but more than likely the booster is just very effective for me while it is less effective for others.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Surprised they did.

Fox News - “We report. You die.”

21 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Not necessarily. I've had at least 35 students in and out of my classroom who have gone positive with omicron since school started again after Christmas break. My booster has held strong and I've stayed clear of it. Maybe I'm just lucky, but more than likely the booster is just very effective for me while it is less effective for others.

or you could have had an asymptomatic infection, right?  Either way, best of luck to you.

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

While I think most people are going to get it due to omicron, I really do think there’s a percentage of the population who while exposed to it, won’t ever get it due to their innate immune system for whatever reason immediately killing it before it even has a chance to take hold.  Finding out why I think is incredibly important. 

You've gotten it I'm sure.

Maybe. Maybe you are the one spreading it to them, you filthy plague-beast.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The folks who politicized COVID can fuck off to the end of awareness. Fuck the folks who pushed caution aside. Fuck those who parse marginal gain. Fuck those who want to ignore the toll of war and frame it as acceptable. And infinitely fuck those who conflate the vaccines with evil intent and falsely claim that going into a store is equivalent to obtaining goods from a store.

And most of those folks are probably vaccinated (especially the Fox News fuckheads) or at the very least, they have access to medical resources that my aunt and others who buy into their shit don't have.  If she gets it and things go sideways, she's going to have to spend hours being transported to a large city because her local hospital isn't doing so hot.  She's on medicare, so who knows what will be available to her as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i got boosted RIGHT before omicron. i don't go out much at all and I only go to my small office a few times a week. afaik I haven't had omicron, even though it's been all around me. I'm thinking I got boosted just in time

I'm a little surprised <knock on wood> that I don't have any symptoms, exactly 96 hours after an hour with Covid Daughter.  Maybe my Xmas booster helped, I don't know.

Now I'm fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm a little surprised <knock on wood> that I don't have any symptoms, exactly 96 hours after an hour with Covid Daughter.  Maybe my Xmas booster helped, I don't know.

Now I'm fucked.

Wife and I got sick over Christmas break, daughter didn't catch it even though she was home, rode in the car with us, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1