COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

15 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Not necessarily. I've had at least 35 students in and out of my classroom who have gone positive with omicron since school started again after Christmas break. My booster has held strong and I've stayed clear of it. Maybe I'm just lucky, but more than likely the booster is just very effective for me while it is less effective for others.

Don’t say shit like that. That’s bad juju.

It’s like telling the guy in the foxhole with you that by golly, you’re going home to marry your high school sweetheart Emma Mae and raise a family. You know he’s next to get blowed up.

Kinda joking, but good luck and stay safe. My buddy’s wife is a teacher and got Covid 2nd day back from Christmas. Fully vaccinated but no booster shot. She felt like dogshit for a few days. This omicron doesn’t fuck around. 

It would seem like the people who bought the fake vaccine cards should be arrested as well. Especially since they should have been aware that the vaccine information was being entered into the state records. Go set some examples by arresting the housewives that missed their afternoon restaurant lunches and dropped $200 for a fake vaccine card.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

spacer.png

Wife and four children, is there a GoFundMe page established yet?  I'm not certain this is factual but it seems like a lot of those too dumb to get vaccinated were also too dumb to be fiscally responsible as well.  Hope "Owning Libtards" has a good posthumous pension plan.  

Parents of the guy who won't get vaxxed to get a heart transplant.  The guy who needs a heart transplant is worried that the COVID-19 vaccine is bad for his heart.  I wish I were making that up.  There's a "he did his research" in there too. It cannot be said enough, fuck the grifters who unleased this disinformation on people who aren't cognitively equipped to even coherently explain why they are making their decisions.  All the people who were up in arms about death panels are death paneling themselves.

https://news.yahoo.com/parents-unvaccinated-patient-seeking-heart-181009304.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Another fucking moron with a martyr complex. Being willfully ignorant and childishly stubborn does not make you principled. 100 people offered to donate one of their kidneys and countless friends and neighbors have a vested interest in seeing this guy live and this is the shitpile he chosen to die on?

Get fucked dude. I fully support your decision to "die free." Give the kidney to someone who wants to live.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

32 year old HP Baylor Park Cities Baptist Church Grace Bible Church

Wonder if he was vaxxed?

https://www.peoplenewspapers.com/2022/01/26/stephen-jesse-jess-barrett/

graduated from AC with a BA degree. Jess was a proud member of the KOT fraternity at Baylor. Jess proceeded with his business career by working as an analyst at a real estate company, followed by obtaining his real estate license and working as a broker. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

spacer.png

I would say “back the blue” or “blue lives matter” for him but since he got fired I guess that’s not applicable. I will instead go with “stupid is as stupid does”.   Instead of a go fund me his family should start a class action suit against Fox News/Right wing media that convinced him to not get vaccinated.  There has to be some lawyers that want a piece of a case like that. 

• Rage+1 1

The depth and breadth of the stupidity of the anti-vax (nearly all trumpers) folks used to be mind boggling.  But the reality for these folks is they are so emotionally invested in lies they believe that the TRUTH cannot be allowed to creep in. 

This is simply darwinism.  Where for the first time political choice is a factor where the "failure to adapt" is a mental rather than natural selection.  

I wonder if the slow and steady march of the unvaccinated into hospitals will eventually come with a big additional financial burden for the unvaccinated?  Seems like some of the costs of the stupidity, should begin to get passed onto the stupid, at some point.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

32 year old HP Baylor Park Cities Baptist Church Grace Bible Church

Wonder if he was vaxxed?

https://www.peoplenewspapers.com/2022/01/26/stephen-jesse-jess-barrett/

I think we all know the answer to that question. 

It’s just unbelievable. Everyone gets vaccines when they are a kid and gives their kids vaccines. Almost every death from covid that happens today and happened yesterday was easily preventable. 

The online trolls who have engaged in this disinformation campaign like GRUHorn should be prosecuted. It’s not free speech if you get paid to help kill people. 

22 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

But somehow dying for their team is more important than living for their family.

This is basically these peoples stance on everything.  Oh, raising the minimum wage will trickle up and I’ll get a pay raise too?  Nah, fuckem they don’t deserve $15 for washing dishes. Oh, they have a different name for their God, but are still good people and take care of their community and pay taxes and don’t really cause trouble ?  Nah fuckem.  Oh they like people with the same genitals but are happy and stable and would be good parents.  Nah fuckem im miserable and they should be miserable too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/30/2022 at 1:02 AM, Superhero said:

Don’t say shit like that. That’s bad juju.

It’s like telling the guy in the foxhole with you that by golly, you’re going home to marry your high school sweetheart Emma Mae and raise a family. You know he’s next to get blowed up.

Kinda joking, but good luck and stay safe. My buddy’s wife is a teacher and got Covid 2nd day back from Christmas. Fully vaccinated but no booster shot. She felt like dogshit for a few days. This omicron doesn’t fuck around. 

My wife got it almost two weeks ago. She's vaccinated but didn't get around to getting boosted. She said it was the sickest she's ever been and still has a bit of brain fog. I got boosted in December and I tested negative, but it was a self-test and I had a bit of a sore throat so I'm sure I had it. Other than the mild sore throat, I felt fine.

I would assume the kidney would likely be from a donor who's been vaccinated, right?  As far as I know from watching lots of "St. Elsewhere" as a kid, in order for the organ to not be rejected by the body, it'll have to exchange blood with the new organ...no?  So getting an organ donation...isn't the guy basically being vaccinated anyway?  

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

I wonder how many of these antivaxxers deep down are yearning for that sweet, sweet release from life.

I think more than a few.  Some of these dudes that clearly missed out on the American dream and have no prospects suddenly get to feel some meaning, standing for some cause.  The envoy the sense of purpose and don’t feel like their death means they’re missing out on much. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I would assume the kidney would likely be from a donor who's been vaccinated, right?  As far as I know from watching lots of "St. Elsewhere" as a kid, in order for the organ to not be rejected by the body, it'll have to exchange blood with the new organ...no?  So getting an organ donation...isn't the guy basically being vaccinated anyway?  

Yes. And if the donor is a maniacal spree killer well, you know…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In his minor defense, he was in NHS and an "AP Scholar," which I assume meant he took a lot of AP classes, so not exactly an idiot.

PCBC is, on the whole, a pretty moderate Baptist church, compared to FBC.  Grace Bible Church may be pretty creepy though.  Their AA group is pretty Jesus-y.

And 75225 was among the first zip codes in Dallas to reach 80% vax rate.  That includes University Park. https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2021/04/these-12-dallas-zip-codes-have-hit-80-herd-immunity/

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Burt said:

Got mine in December while my daughter got her second shot.  While waiting in line, an old farmer/rancher type walked in wearing his new FJB hat.  Another old farmer/rancher friend (small town) of his who was in front of me commented on how he loved his hat and said he'd ordered him and his wife LGB shirts.  LGB then asked FJB if he was there to get vaxxed.  He replied loudly, as if to put on a show for the other 10 people who were waiting, "I aint gettin' that Fauci ouchy!  I'm getting the flu shot." 

Anyway, I had to go back and fill out something I'd missed on my daughter's paperwork so we wound up directly behind FJB. As he was getting his "flu" shot (doors were open with me and my daughter just outside), I could hear him quietly tell the nurse that he'd already had J&J, then ask if he should do Pfizer or Moderna for his second. 

My daughter, who is only 9, looked up at me laughing and said, "he's full of crap!"

Ha. I imagine that in some communities people have to pretend to like trump and the hate the vaccine in order to have some type of social life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Burt said:

Got mine in December while my daughter got her second shot.  While waiting in line, an old farmer/rancher type walked in wearing his new FJB hat.  Another old farmer/rancher friend (small town) of his who was in front of me commented on how he loved his hat and said he'd ordered him and his wife LGB shirts.  LGB then asked FJB if he was there to get vaxxed.  He replied loudly, as if to put on a show for the other 10 people who were waiting, "I aint gettin' that Fauci ouchy!  I'm getting the flu shot." 

Anyway, I had to go back and fill out something I'd missed on my daughter's paperwork so we wound up directly behind FJB. As he was getting his "flu" shot (doors were open with me and my daughter just outside), I could hear him quietly tell the nurse that he'd already had J&J, then ask if he should do Pfizer or Moderna for his second. 

My daughter, who is only 9, looked up at me laughing and said, "he's full of crap!"

This is so sad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is so sad. 

Which part? That someone would stoop to this level of subterfuge just to not become a perceived outcast to their friends and community? Or that someone who is smart enough to realize the life saving potential of a vaccine, get said vaccine, but will vocally denounce it and denigrate it, helping to perpetuating a cycle of death? And to boot are probably going to vote for folks who also don't care about people dying, or the preservation of democracy?

Oh. Nevermind. I answered my own question, it's sad because human beings are often selfish, insipid dipshits who routinely fuck up everything we touch. Got it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, mchookem said:

good lord imagine what kind of malfuction your amygdala has to have for you to expressly prefer to DIE rather than be vaccinated 😐

Weird.

Maybe I'm a bad person but I kinda find a cosmic karma thing going on when their own actions greatly hasten their own demise. 

The world is a better place without them. Literally. They could wind up killing your mom, grandmother, etc. b/c of their dumbshit anti-vax views.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Burt said:

Did you say something to him on the way out?  I sure as hell would have said "flu shot, eh?" when he walked out.  What a fucking idiot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Did you say something to him on the way out?  I sure as hell would have said "flu shot, eh?" when he walked out.  What a fucking idiot.  

No.  Just texted this photo along with the story to all my friends around the area in the ag business.  Most of them knew him, and those who did said he's a blowhard.

Resized_20211201_132413.thumb.jpeg.79dbcf3ec7ec98828da90c78f20a0d25.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

i

On 1/29/2022 at 11:48 AM, JimmyJames said:

While I think most people are going to get it due to omicron, I really do think there’s a percentage of the population who while exposed to it, won’t ever get it due to their innate immune system for whatever reason immediately killing it before it even has a chance to take hold.  Finding out why I think is incredibly important. 

i dont disagree but whats weird is no one in my immediate or extended family has contracted covid 19 - not me, wife, 5 kids, my parents, her parents, my sisters, her sister, none of my nieces or nephews. we are all tripled vaxxed. but we also all have kids in school, go on vacations, meet with folks from work, go on business trips, etc. we limit outside trips to necessary activity but that includes my wife and i going to Italy and France for 12 days, me going to NYC and SF for work trips in December and January, my wife meets with clients weekly, my son just got back from studying abroad in france and our daughter is now studying abroad in London. i dont know what to say other than we have all tested several times and have been negative every time. and no one has had any covid type symptoms. im not complaining but more dumbfounded by our luck.

19 minutes ago, Burt said:

No.  Just texted this photo along with the story to all my friends around the area in the ag business.  Most of them knew him, and those who did said he's a blowhard.

Resized_20211201_132413.thumb.jpeg.79dbcf3ec7ec98828da90c78f20a0d25.jpeg

People need to start guilelessly asking these people what “LGB” or “Let’s Go Brandon” means.  Make them spell it out then just look at them when they do. 

“So you’re wearing that but it really means Fuck Joe Biden? Why don’t you just wear a hat that says that? I don’t get it.” 

• Hook 'Em 7