COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Serious question. Have you seen it possibly cause miscarriages and the mother survives? 

From talking to nurses who have cared for the women and babies they go into labor while dying. If it’s early enough I guess you call it a miscarriage or later term a preemie

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, SydneyCarton said:

FWIW, there was a legit issue with pregnant women not taking the vaccine. My wife's boss is married to a doctor, a highly educated one who cares for the elderly. They're both from New York and moved to Houston for respective jobs. She was pregnant with her second child and wouldn't take the vaccine. I'm not sure if that's changed in the last few months with more data, but there's a legit group of folks who aren't lunatics who are cautious about taking the vaccine while pregnant. 

I truly don't mean to be callous, but you may be able to create another fetus. People are free to make choices, and I understand the motives, but I would prefer to hold on to the known entity of my beloved than gamble on losing her and a fetus.

But, the DNA is strong and does not want to be denied. We're just vehicles for the double helix.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The entirety of what I know about Marshall is that in Friday night lights Permian road tripped it all the way over there in non district. 

And lost. That team featured Odell Beckham, Sr. at running back.

In 89, it flipped. Marshall went to Odessa and lost in non-district. They met again in the semifinals and Permian won again.

• 2 weeks later...

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - From his hospital bed, former MMA star and San Diegan Chris Leben says he’s grateful amid an ongoing battle with complications from COVID.

“I’m still alive, man. I’m still here, and for that, I'm so grateful,” said Leben.

That was Leben in a social media post on Sunday.

Days later, he talked to ABC 10News on Zoom about his battle with complications from COVID.

Leben, a former UFC star and contestant on the reality show "The Ultimate Fighter," had just opened the combat sports gym, The Training Center, in Pacific Beach, when he became ill in mid-January.

“Low energy, dragging,” said Leben.

The 41-year-old Leben tested positive for COVID and had relatively mild symptoms, before testing negative on January 26.But within a week, he was hospitalized with heart issues and breathing problems, which developed into several lung conditions, including double pneumonia.

"It was horrible. It was like I was drowning, and just fighting for a breath,” said Leben.

Two weeks ago, Leben was placed on a ventilator.

Before he was placed on the ventilator, he clung to thoughts of his 4-year old son Liam. Nearly three days later, he was removed from the ventilator.

“I was ready to tap out, and the reason was I didn’t tap is because of my child … If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have had the fight to get through those days,” said Leben.

Leben is feeling much better, but he says his fight to recover is just beginning. His lungs are in rough shape.

“Everything is damaged and scarred 100%,” said Leben.

He says his doctors tell him a full recovery is possible. Leben vows to battle on.

“Fight my way back to 100%. To have that opportunity, it’s such a blessing,” said Leben.

Leben retired from combat sports last year, but his goal is to recover and compete in jujitsu.

He declined to talk about his vaccination status. This was his second battle with COVID.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

one more, ...

Fresh off a reelection win in 2020, Young announced he had tested positive for COVID-19, months after he had referred to the coronavirus as the “beer virus” before an audience that included older Alaskans and said the media had contributed to hysteria over COVID-19.

He later called COVID-19, for which he had been hospitalized, serious and encouraged Alaskans to follow guidelines meant to guard against the illness.

“I’ll defend my state to the dying breath, and I will always do that and they know that.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, brakeman said:

one more, ...

Fresh off a reelection win in 2020, Young announced he had tested positive for COVID-19, months after he had referred to the coronavirus as the “beer virus” before an audience that included older Alaskans and said the media had contributed to hysteria over COVID-19.

He later called COVID-19, for which he had been hospitalized, serious and encouraged Alaskans to follow guidelines meant to guard against the illness.

“I’ll defend my state to the dying breath, and I will always do that and they know that.”

He openly referred to Hispanics as “wetbacks” in an interview. Hope he rots. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well then he's a "wetlung"  in my book.  I still don't wish this disease on my worst enemy.  But the deathbed is a curious place to cast racial slurs.  Be a man and do it from a well-covered political rally holding an assault rifle.  

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That guy died in January.  Why is Akers just now tweeting about it?

Yeah.  It's all over twitter today for some reason, but I recognized the story immediately.  A bit of a FAFO double dip.

Edited by Don Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...