COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'd also copied that quote for a post. 

If the universe works the way people like him say it does (I won't go so far as to say a POS radio rabble-rouser actually believes it), they're going to have some 'splaining to do when they meet the Big G. Jesus will have to be restrained from cuffing them around heaven before putting them on the express train to Hell. 

The Annapolis coach ended with a Bible reference that I looked up.

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

How does claiming Jesus is in your life and that the Bible has all the answers lead to such disgusting hate? I don't call out small hypocrises in religious people. These are mere human failings found everywhere. This is worse than mere hypocrisy; it's total antithesis. 

The Naval Academy coach at least goes out with some grace. The dead radio psychopath goes out of life on a river of bile. 

Welcome to the party, pal. Take it away, Hieronymous!

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

the only funny thing he ever had was telling the story of norm laying waste to chris kattan

I don’t know him for anything other than being stoned in a Dave Chappell movie and vaguely remember him in SNL but can’t remember a single sketch he was in but I have faint memory of him acting like a goat 

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Conservative firebrand Bob Enyart, the pastor of the Denver Bible Church and indelible talk show host, has died from COVID-19, his radio co-host announced Monday on Facebook.

Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question, the wisest person I’ve known,” Fred Williams, Enyart’s co-host on the Real Science Radio show, said in a post.

Real Science, lulz. How'd that work out for ya? 

43f.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

gotta love that Lin Wood calls up the hospital operator demanding that the hospital perform some action. The operator probably makes $15/hr and knows how to transfer you to the billing dept, or to a patient's room. 

I would have said "hold on, let me transfer to the person who handles these types of things," then left him on hold forever.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Used to support a call center where I implemented a never ending phone tree for asshole callers. Called it purgatory. 

Back in the late 90s when I was in inside sales at Dell, I would occasionally get some irate customer that would just press buttons on the phone tree until a person answered. I'd let them rant for a few minutes, then I'd say something  like "I am so sorry you're having this....." and hang up on them in the middle of speaking, like the call dropped or something. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd also copied that quote for a post. 

If the universe works the way people like him say it does (I won't go so far as to say a POS radio rabble-rouser actually believes it), they're going to have some 'splaining to do when they meet the Big G. Jesus will have to be restrained from cuffing them around heaven before putting them on the express train to Hell. 

The Annapolis coach ended with a Bible reference that I looked up.

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

How does claiming Jesus is in your life and that the Bible has all the answers lead to such disgusting hate? I don't call out small hypocrises in religious people. These are mere human failings found everywhere. This is worse than mere hypocrisy; it's total antithesis. 

The Naval Academy coach at least goes out with some grace. The dead radio psychopath goes out of life on a river of bile. 

Welcome to the party, pal. Take it away, Hieronymous!

spacer.png

When you realize that the dominant strain of American Christianity (Dominionism) is nothing more than white supremacy using "religion" as a shield of legitimacy, it all makes sense.

American Christianity has nothing to do with the Christ of the Gospels.  They use the cross as a talisman to cloak their cruelty and hate in the guise of faith and God.  It's literally "antichrist" stuff, if you're thinking of it theologically.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

American Christianity has nothing to do with the Christ of the Gospels. 

The problem groups are Leviticus-loving and Christ-denying puritans - especially in the United States. 

“In speaking of a New Covenant, He makes the first one obsolete." Hebrews 8:13.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+8:13&version=NKJV

God will sort it out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The problem groups are Leviticus-loving and Christ-denying puritans - especially in the United States. 

“In speaking of a New Covenant, He makes the first one obsolete." Hebrews 8:13.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+8:13&version=NKJV

God will sort it out. 

Shit, if they would even be consistent Old Testament folks (you know.....like a lotta jews), we'd be fine.  For ever bullshit Levitical law, there's 10 pieces of damned good stuff in the OT.  They have zero use for any of it except as a pace from which to proof-text to justify their vision of the world, which has fuck all to do with a poor Jewish carpenter come to save all of us, especially "the least of these."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When you realize that the dominant strain of American Christianity (Dominionism) is nothing more than white supremacy using "religion" as a shield of legitimacy, it all makes sense.

American Christianity has nothing to do with the Christ of the Gospels.  They use the cross as a talisman to cloak their cruelty and hate in the guise of faith and God.  It's literally "antichrist" stuff, if you're thinking of it theologically.

Not only white supremacy, but white male supremacy.   In fact I think it's more about gender than race.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If you aren't having fun with your lawyer when you hire them, you are missing out. A lawyer is like a lawn dart that you can sling accidentally close to your opponent.

CSB. Only time I had to hire a lawyer (SO FAR, So Don't Fucking TRY ME,) there was some dude trying to railroad me using some "big" firm of lawyers. I hired one lawyer who worked for like almost nothing, and who would charge by the quarter hour. I mean, I could pay for fancy pitchers of beer that cost more than her 1/4 hour rate. And she was good, too, dismantled dude's allegations in the first email, then it was all about minor squabbling.

I guess dude thought I'd walk away after that, but about once a week I'd ask my lawyer (for a small 1/4 hour rate that was entirely worth it for my entertainment) to push back with a question or two for dude's "big" firm to hash out. Simply because I knew they'd all cluster like cockroaches around an apple pie, charging him max hours from multiple people to answer whatever idiot shit I had proposed.

Went on for a couple of months, worth every penny. Dude was so disliked by his coworkers that one of them, on her own, found some money she thought I was supposed to have, and sent it to me as well. /CSB

tldr: Normal people fear psychopaths. Psychopaths fear cartoonists.

goddamn I love you. the bolded is some of the best prose I've ever read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

If you aren't having fun with your lawyer when you hire them, you are missing out. A lawyer is like a lawn dart that you can sling accidentally close to your opponent.

CSB. Only time I had to hire a lawyer (SO FAR, So Don't Fucking TRY ME,) there was some dude trying to railroad me using some "big" firm of lawyers. I hired one lawyer who worked for like almost nothing, and who would charge by the quarter hour. I mean, I could pay for fancy pitchers of beer that cost more than her 1/4 hour rate. And she was good, too, dismantled dude's allegations in the first email, then it was all about minor squabbling.

I guess dude thought I'd walk away after that, but about once a week I'd ask my lawyer (for a small 1/4 hour rate that was entirely worth it for my entertainment) to push back with a question or two for dude's "big" firm to hash out. Simply because I knew they'd all cluster like cockroaches around an apple pie, charging him max hours from multiple people to answer whatever idiot shit I had proposed.

Went on for a couple of months, worth every penny. Dude was so disliked by his coworkers that one of them, on her own, found some money she thought I was supposed to have, and sent it to me as well. /CSB

tldr: Normal people fear psychopaths. Psychopaths fear cartoonists.

See, this is the type of life stuff I need to get in on.  This is how you facilitate fucking around and finding out.  I was never a good prankster.  This is like evil prankster awesomeness.

• Drool 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

See, this is the type of life stuff I need to get in on.  This is how you facilitate fucking around and finding out.  I was never a good prankster.  This is like evil prankster awesomeness.

To be honest, I would have been financially better off never getting into it with the dude. I potentially lost a couple hundred grand in income that never happened because I stood up to him. Or not.

But fuck it. Pancho Villa never won a war, but try finding a General Obregon candle in a bodega. General who? Egg-zactly. He was just the winner. But Pancho's the one who'll hear your prayers.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

curious about the racial breakdown of FAFO award winners. looking at r/hermancainawards, they are all 40 year old white folks. kind of interesting that the people most concerned with the browning of america are going to be responsible for hastening that change through their own elimination.

That group was doing the most shit posting on social media.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, Brisketexan said:

The best is how they are convinced Jesus was the only white man in the Middle East in 0 AD.

spacer.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2