Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I don’t want to totally excuse Pete K but his defense was out there repeatedly in the 2nd half with no relief because of 4 straight 3 and outs. The defense was holding their own the first half when the offense wasn’t utter dogshit. That’s another thing I don’t get about Sark right now. You know your weakness is defense, OL, and QB. Why aren’t you doing more to not have to lean on those 3?

How do you not lean on your OL? Bijan is the best player on the team. He typically needs his OL so he can do his thing. Even running screens requires OL capable of executing. Try playing Madden with an OL that can't block.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

How? We struck out on one of the deepest Texas O-line classes in recent memory. If Turtle did at least different, our O-line could’ve been clicking at this point. This is 100% on Turtle

Do you know math? Mack hasn’t been here for ten years and Charlie for over 6.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I guess we never had comeback wins under Mack did we? He was bad at pre game preparation. Especially early in his career. 

I just can’t get over what a stupid fucking post this is. 

Mack Brown was a terrible X and Os coach.

he had multiple second half corrections for wins.

TRASH

• Fuck You 1

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Do you guys think adjustments are about X’s and O’s? 

How has a board dedicated to football not negged this to Bolivia?

Because there’s more to adjustments then changing who someone blocks in a given set. And anyone who’s played and had to make adjustments understands that

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You are absolutely wrong, and I will gladly post my accomplishments as a football player. Will you?

Post em big guy. Maybe show us your paycheck too. 
Do you really not understand that there are hundreds of adjustments you can make that aren’t just x and o? You can adjust play calling, you can adjust clock management, you can adjust personnel, etc. 

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Post em big guy. Maybe show us your paycheck too. 
Do you really not understand that there are hundreds of adjustments you can make that aren’t just x and o? You can adjust play calling, you can adjust clock management, you can adjust personnel, etc. 

tell me the hundreds of adjustments that aren’t X and O 

Texas has been pussified for the last 6 years. When I see SARK’s face on the sidelines I see disbelief as to how we could be this shitty with all the talent we have. I can’t put all the blame on SARK, it takes time, YEARS to fix a totally fucked up program. 

This is just stupid wannabe tough guy bullshit. I heard how Charlie was going to toughen up and he did….. right to losing seasons.

Just considering where we'd be with Urbz.  Probably not much better.
The loss today is on the Head Coach, though.  Defense stepped up.  Head Coach has a QB problem, an OL problem, a WR problem and his system can't and won't fix it.  But he keeps pressing the buttons he thinks will work, but his football machine is broken.  He keeps pounding the buttons, but gets no response.  Get a new football machine for 2021, Sark.  You have some parts, many of them substandard or flat out busted, but you do have some parts.
He could eventually recruit his way out of it, but that was some Greg Davis shit today.

Casey is a pretty good QB. Card should have played though.

That was yet another coaching mistake.

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Casey is a pretty good QB. Card should have played though.

That was yet another coaching mistake.

Casey is a very mediocre QB who hasn't yet beaten a good team.  Neither has Card.  They're both very meh.  We need to hit the portal for grad transfer QB (to start in 2022).

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

1st team all state 5a 2007 right guard ya trash can 

I make 15/hr baggin groceries since that’s important to ya. 

Wow. You’re incredible. Yet somehow you think “adjustments” only refers to your blocking assignments and can’t be any broader than that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I just elaborated on it.  I think Herman's was borne of an innate stubbornness and arrogance, pushed along by his stint at tOSU.

Some others may come by it more naturally, that is, rather than being personally stubborn or arrogant, they come from programs that can afford to be arrogant.  Hopefully, if Sarkisian is one of those, he can snap out of it.

Most the time you want a coach that has a bit of arrogance. Unfortunately, we choke on that shit. There are no chips on shoulders. We don’t know what that means. But we also don’t have talented people that quite frankly don’t need a chip. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

What does it mean to "accept" it? I have no power to accept or reject. I can only see what is in front of me that I watch either on TV/computer or in person.

It sucks. I hate it. I wish we were back in Mack's heyday with Vince doing Vince things.

If I POST REALLY MAD does that mean I'm pure?

Correction: Vince's heyday came about in spite of Mack doing Mack things. 

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think that’s part of it. I also think that we turtle. Against OU we stopped trying to run any real offense and stopped giving the ball to our best player. Today was pretty similar. I think Sark is clearly great at pre game planning. I think he’s awful at adjustment

if we pass and the oline gets blown up we should be giving it to Bijan, if we give it to Bijan and the oline gets blown up we're turtling. our oline sucks shit through a straw, we were rotating olines today it's so bad. We are going to be feast or famine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Even though I will miss the hell out of it, I think our problem is the longhorn network.

Takes away way too much time from the head coach and players and distracts them from their objective. I also think it lends to the softness we see on the field subconsciously.

wut? 

4 hours ago, sportsbay said:

Stupid subject.  Thits team is not good.  That's on the turtle.  It's time to process some of these fuckers and bring in some new blood.

In my uneducated opinion, you're exactly right. We've become too accustomed to getting ahead and hoping something good happens for us. 

That's not Sark's approach. Fuck you for starting this pole to just self-flaggelate about a miserable game. 

I hate our offensive line. I've only said that about a few Texas players in the past. This line disgusts me. Penalties on first down are a fine Longhorn tradition now. Bijan got called for a false start, but he has plenty on the plus side of the ledger.

We got our hopes up. It was too early to expect such a big turnaround. It makes me sick that only Kansas is a likely gimme win. This Herman-molded team finds ways to lose.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Oh this is good.

So tell me, if changing play calling an adjustment? Is playing different players an adjustment? I’m not really sure why you’re so dug in on this. 2007 Nebraska saw Jamaal Charles carry the ball 8 times in the first half. We won because in the second half he carries the ball 25 times. That’s not an adjustment though

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

if we pass and the oline gets blown up we should be giving it to Bijan, if we give it to Bijan and the oline gets blown up we're turtling. our oline sucks shit through a straw, we were rotating olines today it's so bad. We are going to be feast or famine.

People just wanna complain about shit because we lost. There are no real answers right now, this OL is a huge problem right now. Not sure Sam would even be able to run much behind it.

I'm just a dude watching football on tv, my high school claim to fame was getting run the fuck over by Eugene Lockhart more than a couple times so I need someone to show me all these adjustments made by OU and Okie State that we didn't adjust to, looks to me like we shot our wad in the first half on a couple of teams better than us and then they wore us out in the 2nd half.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

In my uneducated opinion, you're exactly right. We've become too accustomed to getting ahead and hoping something good happens for us. 

That's not Sark's approach. Fuck you for starting this pole to just self-flaggelate about a miserable game. 

I hate our offensive line. I've only said that about a few Texas players in the past. This line disgusts me. Penalties on first down are a fine Longhorn tradition now. Bijan got called for a false start, but he has plenty on the plus side of the ledger.

We got our hopes up. It was too early to expect such a big turnaround. It makes me sick that only Kansas is a likely gimme win. This Herman-molded team finds ways to lose.

Loath this OL. "Hate" is almost soft-pedaling it. This OL is historically bad, and that is saying something after seeing what garbage we have trotted out there over the last decade+. It is almost a miracle in a way, to see a program of this supposed stature, continue to recruit and develop such pure dogshit at the most important unit in the sport. And this years' edition is the worst we have ever had. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Xian said:

I’m amazed how many of y’all still think he is a good coach.  Please tell me the logic. 

@RomaVicta

@Burt Macklin

@Ghost of Shag
@SarkAfterDark
@South Austin

@Tony Two K
Etc

As I've written elsewhere, it's just a guess right now about what kind of head coach he is. You want to make your guess an absolute statement. It's silly on its face even if your guess is correct.

I don't like to neg, but this poll is full-on football board cynicism posing. If someone doesn't join in your dire predictions, they're sunshine pumpers. It's really idiotic.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

As I've written elsewhere, it's just a guess right now about what kind of head coach he is. You want to make your guess an absolute statement. It's silly on its face even if your guess is correct.

I don't like to neg, but this poll is full-on football board cynicismposing. If someone doesn't join in your dire predictions, they're sunshine pumpers. It's really idiotic.

One yard in the entire fourth quarter.   Offensive genius. 

pls defend it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

In terms of "I'm going to kick your fucking ass or die trying", rich and poor/black and white don't factor in. There are plenty of kids from the hood who are bitchmade quitters and plenty of rich suburban boys who will punch your teeth in.

The issue isn't recruiting from Westlake. We can win a national championship with only guys from rich neighborhoods. The issue is what happens to them once they get to Austin.

Austin is a fun town. People WANT to be in Austin. You're not moving to Stillwater or Norman or Athens or Tuscaloosa or Clemson or Auburn to be part of a vibrant social scene, cultural movement, live music, clubs, bars, food, and booming economic development. You go there to PLAY FOOTBALL and you aren't trying to stay there. You're actively trying to leave and you know the best road out comes to through being a dog on the field.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Loath this OL. "Hate" is almost soft-pedaling it. This OL is historically bad, and that is saying something after seeing what garbage we have trotted out there over the last decade+. It is almost a miracle in a way, to see a program of this supposed stature, continue to recruit and develop such pure dogshit at the most important unit in the sport. And this years' edition is the worst we have ever had. 

Agreed, but at some point the play caller has to start scheming around the weaknesses. We get off to fast starts. Like playing with house money.

Why keep trying to run between the tackles time after time when in the 2nd half the OL can't block my sister? How about a regular dose of play action, end around, reverses, screens, etc. Something to keep the defense guessing and off balance. Traditional play calling doesn't work with this OL.

5 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Agreed, but at some point the play caller has to start scheming around the weaknesses. We get off to fast starts. Like playing with house money.

Why keep trying to run between the tackles time after time when in the 2nd half the OL can't block my sister? How about a regular dose of play action, end around, reverses, screens, etc. Something to keep the defense guessing and off balance. Traditional play calling doesn't work with this OL.

Even a good OL would have a difficult time run blocking an 8-man box with blitzers shooting the gaps. Where are the quick passes? Can't we hit on a slant or a dig?

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?