Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Greg soiled his pants at the sight of Mike stoops.  Now did he whip the crap out of nmsu and rice?  Sho did

40 ppg for a decade.   No one was close to that average.   Yeah we had problems against OU, and the refs, but we beat the shit out of teams we struggle against since.  Greg NEVER lost to Kansas, OSU, ISU and Baylor.    you know, the murderer's row.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

This description is absolutely perfect. Lol

Or maybe I can read data without emotions creeping in.  That fucking bubble screen drove me nuts too.   But all in all, he put together 3 national championship caliber teams and would have had a 4th had VY Stayed.      

Results matter to people like me.  

23 hours ago, Nivek said:

Greg recruited Colt, Vince, Chris, et al. and tweaked the offense as well to adapt it to Vince vs Simms or Colt’s strengths.

Coaching to me isn’t about recruiting crap players and trying to make them super stars. (Colt) It is about recruiting the best players you can get and putting them in a position to succeed.

Right now we are on a recruiting Tarzans that play like Janes.

Are we calling plays the guys cannot execute? Are we limiting ourselves and turtling? Do we simply have a entire group of poor players that cannot perform their job regardless of coaching, experience, and offseason boasts?

Sark might work out, but the way in which the team lost is very concerning. Sure the refs handed that game to OU. And at OSU/Arkansas they did us no favors but sark looked lost and as a fan, that is horrifying to see. At least Tom showed passion.

From start to finish this is one of the dumber fucking posts I've read in a long time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Or maybe I can read data without emotions creeping in.  That fucking bubble screen drove me nuts too.   But all in all, he put together 3 national championship caliber teams and would have had a 4th had VY Stayed.      

Results matter to people like me.  

Come on, dude.  You're clinging to emotion more than anyone on this page.  The motherfucker went 11 straight quarters without a touchdown.  He scored points due to a massive talent advantage and whenever he faced a mediocre defense that could walk and chew gum at the same time his running game completely disappeared.  He had multiple games where he had fewer yards rushing than attempts.  Multiple games.  He was hot garbage.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

you know I think you’re right. No coach has ever achieved different or better results over the years. Once you have a sample size of a few seasons that’s all you ever need to accurately predict their future win totals. 
Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

On 10/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, burdine said:

Anything specific you want to add or subtract from my list other than his record at Washington and USC?

I guess I see improvement on offense, Sark's area of expertise, despite limited OL and WR play.

Defense has been a pretty big disappointment and is the biggest negative so far I think.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jester said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but shit. You know who had 43 wins in their first 6 seasons as a HC?  Saban. And he wasn’t a raging alcoholic at the time.

It’s not Charlie Strong levels of spin here to give some time before jumping to a “Sark sucks and will always suck” conclusion.  Same as using my above ‘stat’ to say he will be as good as Saban. 

let’s see what the guy does in the portal and his staff during the off-season. 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:06 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He replaced a guy at Washington that had gone 12-37 including a final year 0-12 and Sark goes 5-7 his first year and then winning records his remaining years and you're implying he's not a good coach because he didn't beat enough ranked teams with what he started with??  Also not sure why you left off his first two years at UW? 

On 10/26/2021 at 11:22 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I mean he beat 5 ranked teams in his first 2 years including #3 USC his first year.

40% of his UW games were against ranked opponents (11 in Top 10), doesn't scream "soft schedule" to me.

Bahahahaha Seven. Win. Steve. 

that’s who we hired. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

40 ppg for a decade.   No one was close to that average.   Yeah we had problems against OU, and the refs, but we beat the shit out of teams we struggle against since.  Greg NEVER lost to Kansas, OSU, ISU and Baylor.    you know, the murderer's row.

Isu and Baylor are quite a bit different these days

After OSU someone paraphrased Bill Parcell to say that Sark was a good coach until he proves he isn’t.  I think the burden of proof now goes the other way.  Sark is choke artist without parallel until he proves he isn’t.  He’s a disaster in the second half. Going into the half with a 2 score lead, I said we’re losing this by 2 scores. 

He had a great chance to beat three ranks teams and is going 0-3 having had solid to very big leads in each game. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sark may or may not be a fraud.  I see wide open players but these players cant execute.  At the end of the day, he’s in charge.  I’m sure he frustrated as fuck that this team cannot do basic things like not false starting coming out of a fucking timeout.

What I can tell you that Texas and this administration is a fucking fraud.  I now know why Meyer wanted his own AD separate for football bc he knows the people in charge are fucking morons.  CDC and company thought that this twice failed head coach and a guy that was fired from the NFL and a recovering alcoholic was the guy that will dig us out of this mess.  Texas is a fraud, it doesn’t matter who the coach is.  Pray there’s another VY that wants to come here and join this mess.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

Are we getting better each week? Have we seen any improvements whatsoever? Shitty players or not at some point they should get better particularly at the mental aspect. Why do we continue to have olineman miss assignments? It’s one thing to get beat physically, it’s another to miss blocking assignments week after week. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Are we going to blame Sark for the Josh Moore 2nd Q experience? Or Casey basically missing 2-3 walk in TDs?

Yes.  When  a staff gets paid over $10 million a year to win football games, the blame should always fall squarely on the coaching.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Are we going to blame Sark for the Josh Moore 2nd Q experience? Or Casey basically missing 2-3 walk in TDs?

No, we are going to blame the fucking genius for not being able to score points in the second half of three straight games. We are going to blame him for keeping a shitass defense on the field too much in the second half because his fucking offense cannot get first downs. We are going to blame him for not being able to doing anything offensively outside of a fucking pregame script. We are going to blame him for getting out coached in the second half of EVERY FUCKING game.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Capn81 said:

No, we are going to blame the fucking genius for not being able to score points in the second half of three straight games. We are going to blame him for keeping a shitass defense on the field too much in the second half because his fucking offense cannot get first downs. We are going to blame him for not being able to doing anything offensively outside of a fucking pregame script. We are going to blame him for getting out coached in the second half of EVERY FUCKING game.

I would get after his ass but it is clear he has no idea what’s really wrong or how to fix it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m tired of acting like our players are all 1 star. We aren’t north texas. You think Baylor has a team full of 4/5 stars? No they have coaches that make them better and we don’t. We brought sark here to make our guys better not for us to say “I don’t have my guys yet”. 

To be fair he is scheming WRs open and either Casey misses the read or the WR sans Worthy drops the ball. Not sure what more some of you want Sark to do besides suit up himself.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m tired of acting like our players are all 1 star. We aren’t north texas. You think Baylor has a team full of 4/5 stars? No they have coaches that make them better and we don’t. We brought sark here to make our guys better not for us to say “I don’t have my guys yet”. 

the talent is garbage. the coaches are garbage. the s&c program is garbage.

5 hours ago, Gaffords said:

At the end of the day, we are pretty much right on track with the W-Ls most predicted at the start of the season..  I didn't have oklite as a loss, but they are playing much better than anyone thought they would... 

It just blows to lose two games that should have ended as statement making wins...  And I'm not sure why anyone of us are surprised.  It's been like our signature mark for 10 + years now....  I don't know if bitchassness keeps seeping down from upper classmen to the freshmen year after year or what, but this shit needs fixed yesterday...

We had OU so butt fucked that if we had any leadership on the field (defensive side mainly) the coaches should've been able to take a nap the entire second half with the only concern being if they slept too long, our offense would break the century mark on OUs ass, and the defense would be over by the OU bench throwing the horns down!

There is no excuse why the cotton bowl didn't end in an epic OU beatdown of Moses proportions.

We’re on track to disband the football program, dumbass. 

I really want Sark to be successful here because A) I want Texas to be good again and B) I like an underdog comeback story.

It doesn't look great so far. His career at Texas may have peaked at halftime at the RRSO. Maybe it's better for Texas and OU to stay in the B12 through 2024 so we can get the next guy in here before the SEC move.

I'm still rooting for him to turn it around but this is a pretty rough start and definitely not an upgrade from Herman so far.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?