"only murders in the building" on hulu

henrygandorf

Just a guess - I keep thinking Bunny might have something to do with the murder. Who would have keys to all the apartments? Someone that could get in, do the deed - plus, she seems to want to get rid of certain people for their apartments. Then again it might be Jan, maybe she's the girl's mother that fell off the roof. Lot's of different possibilities and motives. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

Just a guess - I keep thinking Bunny might have something to do with the murder. Who would have keys to all the apartments? Someone that could get in, do the deed - plus, she seems to want to get rid of certain people for their apartments. Then again it might be Jan, maybe she's the girl's mother that fell off the roof. Lot's of different possibilities and motives. Any thoughts?

That's an interesting idea. But if that were the case, wouldn't Jan want to kill Theo Dimus? She knows that Theo was the one that killed Zoe.

I don't think it's Jan. I think she was framed. I don't think they would reveal the "whodunnit" that early. That's gonna be the big reveal at the end of the last episode

Spoiler

So is it the first chair bassoonist? We know Tim was hooking up with someone, and there's a bassoon-cleaning...implement in the box of stuff Mabel and Steve were looking through. I guess he could've been seeing Jan, but that doesn't really make sense. I think maybe she lied to Charles about her position because she was embarrassed, or wanted to impress him. First chair bassoon girl has a boyfriend, so maybe Tim was threatening to tell him that they were seeing each other. And if this bitch is that crazy, she could see Jan as a threat to her chair and try to kill her to eliminate her as musical competition. 

None of that makes total sense though. Bassoon girl doesn't live in the building (I don't think), and having the killer turn out to be some rando at this point doesn't seem to fit the direction of the show. Remind me - what was Oscar's alibi? And did they check Oscar's father's alibi? He's the building's super, after all. A crime of passion would make sense for him, not because he and Tim were lovers but because of all the drama between them and how Tim was the reason Oscar unjustly went to jail.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, austingirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So is it the first chair bassoonist? We know Tim was hooking up with someone, and there's a bassoon-cleaning...implement in the box of stuff Mabel and Steve were looking through. I guess he could've been seeing Jan, but that doesn't really make sense. I think maybe she lied to Charles about her position because she was embarrassed, or wanted to impress him. First chair bassoon girl has a boyfriend, so maybe Tim was threatening to tell him that they were seeing each other. And if this bitch is that crazy, she could see Jan as a threat to her chair and try to kill her to eliminate her as musical competition. 

None of that makes total sense though. Bassoon girl doesn't live in the building (I don't think), and having the killer turn out to be some rando at this point doesn't seem to fit the direction of the show. Remind me - what was Oscar's alibi? And did they check Oscar's father's alibi? He's the building's super, after all. A crime of passion would make sense for him, not because he and Tim were lovers but because of all the drama between them and how Tim was the reason Oscar unjustly went to jail.

Yes, your first thought. 

24 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Just watched the finale. 

Reveal hidden contents

So who stabbed Jan? Did she do it to throw them off? I don't really buy it but the whole thing doesn't completely add up to me anyway.

Spoiler

She admitted it to Steve, and Selena found the knife in the air duct. 

After the freaking weird train-wreck of Squid Game, I needed this finale episode. Don't know if that made it better, but I loved the whole series and can't wait for season 2... "Only Murderers in the Building".

I wrote that... and if you say anything to the contrary, you'll be stocking the NPR fridge with Lacroix until you're 50.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Excellent season finale. Steve Martin is a national treasure. 

Reveal hidden contents

The scenes where he's poisoned were gold. When he was strapped to the cart his facial expressions had me literally laughing out loud.

Spoiler

Yeah, the reveal that he's still in the chair mumbling nonsense when in his head he had stood up and was delivering this powerful speech cracked me up.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

we are three episodes in.  overall, i like it.  but, Selena can't act for shit.  i guess maybe her character is supposed to be expressionless and speak in monotone.  if so, she's nailing it.  but it's clear she is out of her league in terms of acting chops.

this is our palette cleanser after an episode or 2 of Squid Game.

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

we are three episodes in.  overall, i like it.  but, Selena can't act for shit.  i guess maybe her character is supposed to be expressionless and speak in monotone.  if so, she's nailing it.  but it's clear she is out of her league in terms of acting chops.

Watch their Colbert interview. She knows her strong and weak points. For Christ's sake she acting with 2 legitimate legends. I think she's nailing it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

I enjoyed watching Selena and felt she was really good in her part. As I’ve said, I don’t get the Selena hate, she was a good match with these legends. I can’t wait until season 2, because this season was great.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I enjoyed watching Selena and felt she was really good in her part. As I’ve said, I don’t get the Selena hate, she was a good match with these legends. I can’t wait until season 2, because this season was great.  

Her subtle deadpan expressions reacting to their stupidity was great. She was exactly what that character needed to be. 

• 1 month later...

I’m watching it now for first time.  Marty short is playing the somber piano with the half chugged gut Milk and I’m crying.  I really like this show so far.  

the humor is so dark and subtle.  Everybody tries that but few every see it thru

No spoken dialogue (a la mister robot) episode is quite interesting.  And as a master stroke; advances the plot more than any other.  

really clever the three layers they’re working In the show/podcast.  

Shit, I’ll be through by sunset.  Dammit!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...