"only murders in the building" on hulu

henrygandorf

On 8/24/2022 at 4:16 PM, CooterBrown said:

I've never given a second thought to Selena Gomez before this show.  She has just the right amount of disdain and incredulity towards Martin and Short while still being likeable.  Her best acting usually doesn't even rely on any lines and is just physical reactions to their insanity.  She's way better than I assumed she could be.

Plus, her other two friends are fun to look at.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:11 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Great show.  My favorite thing is that my teenage daughters (no pics) watch the show and love Steve Martin and Martin Short.

Wife and I love the show.  But my wife also has a way of asking questions that leave me completely dumbfounded.  We turned the tv on a few nights back and she says "We need to catch up on our show.  You know.  Crimes in the Apartment or whatever."  

Took me about 30 seconds of strenuous tequila brain exercise to realize what she was talking about.  

• Haha 2

^

this hits close to home.  We both really did struggle to remember the precise title when speaking about it with friends/family.  It morphed into "Murderers in the Building" which is close enough.  But now our running gag is "When are we gonna start bing watching season 3 of 'Condo Homicide'?" 

Been avoiding these last couple of pages because we haven't started S.3 yet.  Finishing up "The Last of Us" and then onto "Only Murders in the Building."  The casting of a sullen Selena Gomez to play off of 30-year comedic chemistry in Martin & Short will be studied in theater/acting schools for a century.  Can't wait...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thepop said:

Not sure why I’m not enjoying this season much. 

The trio isn't working as a dysfunctional team like the previous two seasons.  They're all too involved in their own storylines.  Mabel even made a very meta comment about this in the last episode.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1

This week’s episode was hilarious. Matthew Broderick was awesome and his line to Steve Martin that he’d have made a “terrible Ferris Bueller” knocked me off the sofa. Also enjoyed Steve Martin’s “It’s over — go home” line and to top it off, Mel Brooks makes an appearance. Martin Short just kills it as Oliver Putnam character.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/22/2023 at 12:39 PM, Beau Vine said:

I know that the other actors sitting behind him were coached to sit there smiling agape, but I was sitting on my couch with the exact same expression.  

I love that they got Williams back there getting into it and jamming to his song. She's a Tony-nominated actress IRL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...