Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

More Huffines supporters

I'd be overwhelmingly surprised if this guy had not voted for Huffines, I think he works with the campaign. He was a Young Conservatives of Texas guy at Baylor, and I think he may possibly be behind a couple of some stan Twitter accounts that tweet Huffines support.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Snake Diggity said:

I still think Abbott would win, but Huffines going 3rd party would definitely make it interesting.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Ah who am I kidding, Abbott would still beat Beto by 5-6% even with Huffines in the race. 

Since this is an R +10 state he'd need to pull 10-15% in the general and all of it would need to be at Abbott's expense. I know there are a lot of kooky Republicans who are unhappy with Abbott because of the mask mandates and such but they will either need to rally around a third candidate or just stay home for Beto to have a shot. Beto isn't particularly popular, either. 

It's been touched on up thread, but the Texas Democratic Party needs to find and recruit candidates who can win in this state. And just get their shit together in general. Provide some viable alternatives that can appeal past the base. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The Huffines radio commercials are hilarious, makes it sound as if Abbott is a screaming liberal. Interviewed on conservative SA radio yesterday and the host had a very hard time distinguishing between Huffine's "True Republican" spiel and playing politics to keep votes in Abbot's camp. I am enjoying this primary fight.

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'd be overwhelmingly surprised if this guy had not voted for Huffines, I think he works with the campaign. He was a Young Conservatives of Texas guy at Baylor, and I think he may possibly be behind a couple of some stan Twitter accounts that tweet Huffines support.

I'm honestly surprised the Huffines campaign hasn't went out and bought a bunch of social media followers (i.e. bots).  It's one of the cheapest things a campaign can do and can push candidates' content out to a wider audience.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

Since this is an R +10 state he'd need to pull 10-15% in the general and all of it would need to be at Abbott's expense. I know there are a lot of kooky Republicans who are unhappy with Abbott because of the mask mandates and such but they will either need to rally around a third candidate or just stay home for Beto to have a shot. Beto isn't particularly popular, either. 

It's been touched on up thread, but the Texas Democratic Party needs to find and recruit candidates who can win in this state. And just get their shit together in general. Provide some viable alternatives that can appeal past the base. 

10 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

The Huffines radio commercials are hilarious, makes it sound as if Abbott is a screaming liberal. Interviewed on conservative SA radio yesterday and the host had a very hard time distinguishing between Huffine's "True Republican" spiel and playing politics to keep votes in Abbot's camp. I am enjoying this primary fight.

If Huffines and his followers truly believed everything Huffines was saying about Abbott, it would be Huffines' duty as a God-fearing Texan to run third party and knock out Abbott, and it would be the duty of his followers to not vote for Abbott or stay home.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm honestly surprised the Huffines campaign hasn't went out and bought a bunch of social media followers (i.e. bots).  It's one of the cheapest things a campaign can do and can push candidates' content out to a wider audience.

Twitter has changed their policies around so it is harder for me to dig like I used to; it limits the views unless you have an account. I was surprised it took them that long, but they likely realized how many of the other platforms like Gab were just screenshotting tweets and then putting them on their own accounts. 

20 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Twitter was trending with a poll that Beto was closing the gap to Abbott. I couldn’t find anything. Any truth or accuracy to that statement?

A part of me hopes that's not the case, because Huffines was giving Abbott shit over the fact that DeSantis/Florida is trying to withhold funding to schools with mask mandates, and all we need is Abbott trying to do the same and costing taxpayers millions of more dollars (while making some lawyers rich).

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

45-38 in a poll of registered voters (read: not screened for likely voters) before the campaign attack season starts isn’t even very good hopium.   He’s going to get trounced.  

If Beto runs his good guy campaign like he did with Cruz, he won’t come close to winning. And even running a mud slinging campaign probably wouldn’t be enough but at least it would change things up.

Beto needs someone that can be the bad guy by tying Abbott to Patrick and Paxton. That could peel off 1-2% of Abbott’s lead. Or refer to the 80k Texas Covid deaths as Abbott’s Deaths. Bringing up Covid is something Abbott doesn’t want. You have conservatives that think Abbott overreached so Abbott wants to forget about Covid.  Or have commercials about Abbott using the Texas guard as political pawns on the border.

Of course if Beto refused to go negative with Cruz, when he has a chance to win, he isn’t doing it with Abbott.

• Hook 'Em 1

Or, for some bizarre marketing purpose, that venue has the world's largest podium.

"Clark, be nice to Aunt Edna!"

"Fine.  But perhaps she doesn't want to get in the car and see the world's largest podium and ball of twine!" 

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.facebook.com/Donhuffinestx/posts/481507640198795

"There are too many lisenses and restrictions in Texas.

When I am Governor, we will have more freedom and less government, no excuses"
274485198_481504766865749_17176996833600

Don? WTF? "I'm going to get rid of property taxes and use existing  revenue streams."

Hmmmm, I have a bad feeling about this.

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fixed.

That's the sum of it, but he is contradicting what he said earlier. He's lucky his supporters don't look too hard at the financials. Be pretty cool if someone could get him on the record stating some of the other 'revenue streams' he's looking to eliminate.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Beto runs his good guy campaign like he did with Cruz, he won’t come close to winning. And even running a mud slinging campaign probably wouldn’t be enough but at least it would change things up.

Beto needs someone that can be the bad guy by tying Abbott to Patrick and Paxton. That could peel off 1-2% of Abbott’s lead. Or refer to the 80k Texas Covid deaths as Abbott’s Deaths. Bringing up Covid is something Abbott doesn’t want. You have conservatives that think Abbott overreached so Abbott wants to forget about Covid.  Or have commercials about Abbott using the Texas guard as political pawns on the border.

Of course if Beto refused to go negative with Cruz, when he has a chance to win, he isn’t doing it with Abbott.

Beto needs to do a photo op killing some hogs from a helicopter and at least one axis deer. 

Locks in the victory if we can get a photo of him executing a hog in a trap with a handgun.

This is my stance before and still is.  If he's not a hunter he needs to go out on a lark with Peter Attia and Lance Armstrong "and have good Texans know he understands responsible gun ownership and sustainable meat harvesting*."

tihBCj.gif

*That's what I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Beto needs to do a photo op killing some hogs from a helicopter and at least one axis deer. 

Locks in the victory if we can get a photo of him executing a hog in a trap with a handgun.

This is my stance before and still is.  If he's not a hunter he needs to go out on a lark with Peter Attia and Lance Armstrong "and have good Texans know he understands responsible gun ownership and sustainable meat harvesting*."

tihBCj.gif

*That's what I'm talking about.

Unless he does it with a stick, that ship has pretty much sailed. 

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.facebook.com/Donhuffinestx/posts/481507640198795

"There are too many lisenses and restrictions in Texas.

When I am Governor, we will have more freedom and less government, no excuses"
274485198_481504766865749_17176996833600

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

I used to work with one of those hardcore freedom lovin' conservatives. He used to bitch about annual vehicle inspections and how it wasn't the govt's business to inspect his vehicle. His POS car belched out black smoke. He gave zero fucks about the black smoke since it disappeared within a minute.

I remember when these assholes were all twisted panties about "mexican trucks" being allowed to enter the US under Nafta rules because of how unsafe they were.

So, Huffines, no driver's licenses, no hunting licenses, no teacher certifications, no law licenses, no medical licenses, no pilot's licenses?

Here's a theory for how to make the absence of that revenue stream work in Don's favor.

Perhaps Huffines receives kickbacks from the entrepreneurs who liberate catalytic converters from vehicles and figures that it's a win-win. Now when your converter is stolen removed you don't have to worry about failing inspection.

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I remember when these assholes were all twisted panties about "mexican trucks" being allowed to enter the US under Nafta rules because of how unsafe they were.

So, Huffines, no driver's licenses, no hunting licenses, no teacher certifications, no law licenses, no medical licenses, no pilot's licenses?

But you can be damn sure there will be marriage licenses and they will be used as a weapon.