Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
When Jimmy Dean downsized from a 16 to a 12 ounce roll Gov. Abbott did nothing. When I'm governor I'll ensure that Texas families have 16 ounce rolls of breakfast sausage and stop maple and sage from crossing our border. 

I'm listening.  Cuz.....fuck, I'm gonna eat, goddammit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Huffiness is a living god damn cartoon character.

He's a little manlet bitch that needs to pick it up if I have any chance of making some money off the morons in this state. Come on Don, ya f'n loser, even West has been hanging around $.03 and he's a carpetbagging choad who couldnt cut it in Florida. Have some goddamn self respect. 

image.png.b50e6f944af910fb0a79974f2f3e08b0.png

29 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It shouldn’t have then. 

The didn’t then either. The wheels were already off at that point. It was just a good way to encapsulate the problems that were already evident to everyone. The same thing is true with Beto. The unforced error didn’t sink his campaign, his campaign was already sunk because he does not discipline himself against unforced errors. 

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

e unforced error didn’t sink his campaign, his campaign was already sunk because he does not discipline himself against unforced errors. 

Aside from that and the "I was born for this" rhetoric too early on, were there any more forced errors?  The magazines trying to make him JFK wasn't really his fault, although cringy af. 

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Aside from that and the "I was born for this" rhetoric too early on, were there any more forced errors?  The magazines trying to make him JFK wasn't really his fault, although cringy af. 

I could give you lots of examples- tying himself in knots about his wife being at home with the kids, the constant apologies, the solipsism, etc. 
But instead, flip that around- other than his exceptional organization and campaign strategy in the first half of the senate race, since, say, August of 2018 and entering the fall with HUGE momentum what has he done right? What has Beto O’Rourke done well as a candidate?

btw- there’s another parallel here to Dean. Dean was a mediocre candidate with tremendous strategic insight and architected the Democratic comeback as DNC chair in the mid 2000’s. I’d love to see Beto run for TDP party chair. He’s demonstrated skill and instincts there that might actually be good at that. He’s just no good at this.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I have a friend in Seattle who is literally one of the historical civil rights heroes on the west coast, and he was giving me the "he reminds me of JFK" line in 2016, so it wasn't just the media.  He let me stay at his house when I flew up for a funeral for one of my best friend's kids, and I sent him a Beto yard sign as a thank-you, and he just gushed about how much that meant to him the next time I saw him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I remember when these assholes were all twisted panties about "mexican trucks" being allowed to enter the US under Nafta rules because of how unsafe they were.

So, Huffines, no driver's licenses, no hunting licenses, no teacher certifications, no law licenses, no medical licenses, no pilot's licenses?

Think of all the frreeeeeeeedoms, though!

Just now, Goofyboy said:

Fuck Greg Abbott and fuck anyone that supports the GOP. Hateful assholes.

You remember how we are supposed to worry about the gazpacho police?  Because "here's our key political issue -- we are legally requiring all of you to report people who are disloyal to the party's position" is exactly what gazpacho police do.  It's the exact script followed by fascist regimes over, and over, and over.  "Turn in your neighbors to the state!"

Fucking cold-soup-eating bastards......

• Like 2

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It is absolutely amazing to me that we live in a time where that sort of shit is on the airwaves and a not insignificant portion of our populace not only eats it up, but believes in all these scary boogeymen that are coming for their liberty.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i still to this day would like to know how one grabs pussy. I mean, I've seen some meaty lips in my day, but even then there wasn't much to 'grab'.

Fuck you for posting this on an internet forum where there are people willing to post pictorial proof. 

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I remember when these assholes were all twisted panties about "mexican trucks" being allowed to enter the US under Nafta rules because of how unsafe they were.

So, Huffines, no driver's licenses, no hunting licenses, no teacher certifications, no law licenses, no medical licenses, no pilot's licenses?

But voting licenses.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i still to this day would like to know how one grabs pussy. I mean, I've seen some meaty lips in my day, but even then there wasn't much to 'grab'.

You forget how tiny his hands are,  I'm sure Stormy'a lips were quite a load for him to handle

You think Abbott veered far right in the past?  You ain't seen nothing yet.  He didn't even make the cut for the CPAC straw poll (and DeSantis was definitely the second strongest candidate there).  He'll have to try extra hard to win favor.

https://media.conservative.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/02/27124551/CPAC-2022-Survey-02-27-22-Presentation.pdf

18 minutes ago, elfenix said:

So is the angry Keebler elf going to keep running against betabbott or nah?

I think if he had plans to do that he wouldn't have conceded the other night. But I guess if Abbott unwinds some of things he's done to appease the nut-bars that Huffines did, maybe he'd spur back into action.