Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

I don't like Beto, but what does driving a Tundra have to do with anything?  Dan Patrick secretly drives a Subaru station wagon with his rescue dogs.  Who cares what kinda car they drive? 

So I take it you're not attending "Beers with Beto", the virtual pub hall gathering this week (it's Monday or Tuesday, IIRC)?  

I don't know what's more cringeworthy...Beto discussing his favorite IPA or Dan Patrick discussing what kind of breasts he likes.  

Edited by Lobo

55 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who in their right mind would give a campaign their phone number in the first place?  Do you also ask Academy to email you a copy of your receipt?

The information gets sold to campaigns over and over and some of us haven’t changed our phones numbers, etc. in many years.   I haven’t had anything to do with the GOP since George W’s first term but still get GOP fundraising stuff sent to my email, phone number, and post office box.  

My second biggest regret from when I was a volunteer for W is not lifting a copy of one of the the campaign contact/email lists and selling it.  It was just a massive Excel spreadsheet.  I know people copied it and sold it later on.  

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s kind of the rub. He did. Then he 180’d when he needed some attention and an opportunity gave him a chance to capitalize on it. He’s a fucking fraud with sleazy billionaire in-laws who he played puppet for politically, to increase their wealth on the backs of those who put him into office.  I’m supposed to think he’s some great guy because he drives a tundra and eats whataburger though right?  Fuck that pos. 

Don't you remember this comment?

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don't be a pussy Abbott, give away a Barrett.

Also, not sure who is in the burnt orange but.....the boots are a little too tall, but...

FKUYzZYXsAYAO_u?format=jpg&name=medium

Boots are fine but that skirt dress should be a little shorter and snugger. The goofy fuck with his pants tucked in is all kinds of wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, David Dennison said:

If I'm being completely honest, all I really care about in Texas politics is legalization.

Is that so wrong?

Make sure you vote against bathroom Dan Patrick because he takes great delight in killing legalization in the legislature every other year.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, HenryJames said:

So much easier than the current way!

One late spring before the COVID (I guess..2019), I was sitting in a cafe in Budapest overlooking the Danube from castle hill with my sister and her husband, we had just stopped for a cold drink because it was warm and we'd been walking.  It wasn't too crowded and I got to hear this obviously American accented techdudebro throwing an absolute shit-fit with the waiter because they wouldn't accept his American Express. (Seriously? AmEx is your go-to in Europe, dipshit?).  The waitress kept explaining that they didn't take AmEx and he kept obnoxiously repeating that it was the only thing he had to pay with.  And that he wouldn't go to an ATM because he didn't want the charge on his card.   They finally struck a deal where a busboy (the waitress had given up) would accompany him back to the hotel ("I'm not paying for your Lime Scooter bro!") where he would get his ATM card, withdraw cash, and pay the bill ("you gotta come wait at my hotel cause I am not coming all the way back here.")

I called the waitress over, paid the dude's fucking lunch bill and apologized for my countryman.  The guy came over and said "thanks so much, I will Venmo you bro, what do I owe you" and I told him that I hadn't done it as a favor for HIM, it was a favor to the restaurant staff. 

Anyway, he looked a lot like that guy paying for a beer with BTC. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This wouldn't be an issue if you don't give them your phone number in the first place.

I've never given out my phone number to a politician, yet I somehow get a couple of texts a week from slapdicks telling me how much they're doing to secure the border.  

Usually from John Carter, but Pete Flores this week.

I usually reply with "Go fuck yourself," or something more colorful.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This wouldn't be an issue if you don't give them your phone number in the first place.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I've never given out my phone number to a politician, yet I somehow get a couple of texts a week from slapdicks telling me how much they're doing to secure the border.  

Usually from John Carter, but Pete Flores this week.

I usually reply with "Go fuck yourself," or something more colorful.

Yeah, it ultimately doesn't matter.  You are in all kinds of databases that campaigns buy access to, and the companies selling access to those databases try to keep them up to date.  That's why the NRA can keep sending me mailers asking me to come back, even though I've moved plenty of times since I was a member in the 90s.

Shit, my dumbass was too busy looking at all his tac gear, I didn't notice the actual subway map above his left shoulder.  I just saw what looked like a pastry case and assumed.  Well, given the reports of that one Subway laying out the meat and cheese on the toilet seat before serving to customers, I'd come heavy too.  Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.  

Or, let's be honest...he bought $2000 worth of weapons and gear so without saying a word, he'd be automatically upgraded to double-meat and avoid the $1.50 surcharge.  4-D chess yo! 

Please tell me there's already a meme of Huffines looking like Gollum and instead of clutching at the ring, he's clutching the gold bitcoin logo saying, "MY precious!" 

Edited by Lobo

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don't be a pussy Abbott, give away a Barrett.

Also, not sure who is in the burnt orange but.....the boots are a little too tall, but...

FKUYzZYXsAYAO_u?format=jpg&name=medium

That dude in the cowboy hat and cowboy boots and toy gun who obviously dressed himself? That was me, when I was 8.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, it ultimately doesn't matter.  You are in all kinds of databases that campaigns buy access to, and the companies selling access to those databases try to keep them up to date.  That's why the NRA can keep sending me mailers asking me to come back, even though I've moved plenty of times since I was a member in the 90s.

i make a point of unsubscribing to each email as it arrives...over time it does cut down on the total volume significantly, i might go months without a single political email. as elections approach the volume will start to increase again as they have obviously sold the list to other campaigns. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

So he wants to deploy tens of thousands of troops and DPS personnel to the border, plus boost DPS/etc. to go after illegals around the state.  He claims he can keep the current level of various services.  With no property taxes and no income taxes.

Yeah, Mexico's gonna pay for the border operation.  DUH!  

also, that dude in the right giving away the AR-15 with Don...he looks like he's ready to take on Black Bart & His Gang in li'l Ralphie's backyard.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he wants to deploy tens of thousands of troops and DPS personnel to the border, plus boost DPS/etc. to go after illegals around the state.  He claims he can keep the current level of various services.  With no property taxes and no income taxes.

That sales tax is gonna be lit.

2 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Like this dude in Louisiana?

2e9de875935201e136aa488e3e7b7cff.jpg

he is wearing a mask.    I saw one of these the other day in my little hometown donut shop.  Guy was lightweight, only had one revolver with like a 10 inch barrel.    The couple who run it are Vietnamese.  I asked how much shit they got, she said not much.  I guess having the only donut shop in town carries some clout, lol.

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm betting I could walk up behind him and grab both of those tan pistols before he could react. he's just inviting someone to do it

Or just walk up with your two finger extended, jab in the back, tell him you've got a gun and that if doesn't drop the weapons you're going to shoot him and steal them from him. Watch him shit his pants. Then say "nah, just joking. I got you, motherfucker!"

Looks like that goofy alliance they formed atop that wind turbine is coming to fruition.

Also-the guy with the Subway guns.  That looks like his phone in his back left pocket, right?  Isn't that a stupid place to keep it?  If he gets a call and reaches for it, he has to pass two pistols to get to it, makes it look like he's drawing on somebody.  Everytime his wife texts him, "Extra mayo on my footlong!  And extra sunchips!"...fucking clerk has a heart-attack.  

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

i make a point of unsubscribing to each email as it arrives...over time it does cut down on the total volume significantly, i might go months without a single political email. as elections approach the volume will start to increase again as they have obviously sold the list to other campaigns. 

Legitimate mailing lists should abide by your unsubscribing.

But it's also going in the mailing list database that you unsubscribed, which means that the email address you are unsubscribing with is an active email address.  Which will get sold elsewhere.