South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

He needs more water from the fake crying that he can turn off and on at will. His own attorney Griffin conducting direct looks less than thrilled. Every bit of reasonable doubt they have tried to create because of their client’s lies is being torpedoed by their client. Crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure he wanted to testify since he is such a narcissist. The guy has been shown to be a complete liar I don’t see how his testimony will overcome that

They aren’t seeking the death penalty but dude fucked over so many people he is in jail the rest of his life either way

The prosecution timeline with cell phone and car data was really good

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Within 5 minutes of being on the stand admits he lied to SLED, other police and friends and family that he was never at the kennels the night Maggie and Paul were murdered. The State put forth very credible phone and Onstar data that shows him there. He claims now on the stand he lied multiple times about being at the kennels because he was paranoid bc of his “prescription drug abuse” and because he didn’t trust cops. Even though he was a prosecutor and volunteer solicitor. It’s just bad. He has been wanting to correct the alibi he concocted ever since the video his own son took that night showed (voice wise) he was there with his son and wife minutes before both Maggie and Paul’s phones locked forever. Time of death according to state was around 8:49 to 8:53. Then AM leaves in his suburban for his mom’s house…at 9:07pm

He's blamed everything on his "addiction."   There is no way in hell he was blowing $50k a week on opioids like he says he was.  He would have been dead.  He certainly could not have been functioning as normal and from what I have heard he kept working and nobody seemed to notice any drug related issues with him.  Now he gets caught in a lie about not being at the kennels and goes right back to the "addiction" card.  He's guilty as hell, but it only takes one idiot to hang a jury and this world is full of idiots.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday the Defense had one of his best friends and colleagues testify and he was like basically this guy that stole from everyone etc…I don’t know who that guy is. The drug abuse allegations are obscene. I hope the state asks him what kind and where did he get all of these drugs. The jury already knows he’s an alleged user/addict and that he’s Stephen from his own former law firm and many close friends. He’s getting pissy with his own attorney right now. Dude looks this close to fucking snapping and busting open like a broken pinata.

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

as someone who was the last holdout on a guilty verdict iin a jury room, it takes more than an idiot to hang a jury. it takes a brave person.

i only held out as long as i did because i just wanted to make sure that the prosecution covered all the bases. we ended up doing right in the end, but i'm not sending a guy away for life without asking a few questions.

I applaud this, and thank you for approaching your jury duty as an enormous responsibility, and treating it with the seriousness and thoughtfulness it deserves.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

as someone who was the last holdout on a guilty verdict iin a jury room, it takes more than an idiot to hang a jury. it takes a brave person.

i only held out as long as i did because i just wanted to make sure that the prosecution covered all the bases. we ended up doing right in the end, but i'm not sending a guy away for life without asking a few questions.

thank you for your service

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Did his attorneys really demonstrate there was no blood splatter on the shirt?  That was a crucial piece of physical evidence.

The shirt and pants he was shown in a video wearing that day filmed by his murdered son—the state believes he disposed of. The shirt and shorts he was wearing n the scene were tested and tested so much they were destroyed. No blood spatter. But he also claims he ran to their bodies and maybe checked their pulses and moved them and there wasn’t even blood evidence on him from doing that as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

so i was kind of watching this just now before they broke for lunch. i wasn't paying super close attention.

what kind of shit are white people doing in south carolina? what grown ass man on the witness stand refers to another grown ass man as "t pop" or whatever the hell that was.

anyways, he's shifty af. he killed them.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

so i was kind of watching this just now before they broke for lunch. i wasn't paying super close attention.

what kind of shit are white people doing in south carolina? what grown ass man on the witness stand refers to another grown ass man as "t pop" or whatever the hell that was.

anyways, he's shifty af. he killed them.

Consider also that he was a former prosecutor and the LE (all cops) bent over backwards for him. His family owned the county for 100 years. They had to take his grandfather’s portrait out of the courtroom before trial. He lied repeatedly to Le about his alibi which he just admitted on the stand was a a lie(s) and he’s trying to say he didn’t trust law enforcement when they essentially let him and his whole family on the scene of the boat homicide his son Paul allegedly caused and killed a teen friend. Crazy town. This case isn’t like what we have really ever seen. A really privileged guy who knew every one basically in that town and in law enforcement and on the court and they reluctantly investigated him bc his lies and the evidence led right to him.

Oh also the assistant AG for South Carolina has been in court most of the time and routinely goes over to pat the backs of Alex’s brother and sister and son. So crazy. They had to take the Murdaugh name off the firm his grandfather started because he stole from the firm and many friends and clients. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh also the assistant AG for South Carolina has been in court most of the time and routinely goes over to pat the backs of Alex’s brother and sister and son. So crazy. They had to take the Murdaugh name off the firm his grandfather started because he stole from the firm and many friends and clients. 

I'm not sure the rest of the family should get a pass just because they aren't murderous shitheels. The way that family controlled that county, you know they have some shady shit in their pasts as well. BooHoo

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m out of their free articles but they expect the cross of Alex whether it’s today or tomorrow or next week to be medieval.

There's some YouTube channel I used to watch that had tons of interrogation vids and the guy doing the vids would narrate a lot of stuff about police tactics when conducting an interview and suspect behavior when being interviewed--body language, typical responses, etc.

Going into long-winded detail about stuff that isn't germane at all is one of the most common behaviors of suspects who are guilty and lying.  It's a fascinating thing to witness, it happens so frequently.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'm not sure the rest of the family should get a pass just because they aren't murderous shitheels. The way that family controlled that county, you know they have some shady shit in their pasts as well. BooHoo

Absolutely. It’s sickening. They had to move Alex’s family back a few rows bc his sister passed him stuff. It’s sickening. The cross can’t wait to go medieval on Alex’s ass. The State has been doing this case against the odds. His own attorney is a SC Senator. It’s a fucked up deal. I think the State has taken a beating from the press for a while (no direct evidence: missing gun, missing clothes, no video of the murder) bc their case is many many pieces of circumstantial evidence. 

A couple of things I learned from those vids, in case you're ever interrogated and you're guilty as fuck.

Keep your answers short and precise, don't ramble on about anything.  Make constant eye contact.  Lean forward when answering something important (decreasing the distance between you and the guy asking questions indicates you're being truthful, whereas leaning back, crossing arms and looking away indicates deception).  

But before you do any of the previous, demand a lawyer and keep your mouth shut.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

A couple of things I learned from those vids, in case you're ever interrogated and you're guilty as fuck.

Keep your answers short and precise, don't ramble on about anything.  Make constant eye contact.  Lean forward when answering something important (decreasing the distance between you and the guy asking questions indicates you're being truthful, whereas leaning back, crossing arms and looking away indicates deception).  

But before you do any of the previous, demand a lawyer and keep your mouth shut.

I'll try to remember that the next time I murder my wife.

• Hook 'Em 2

What sunk Alex is his insistence he testify. The defense did I thought perhaps enough for one jury person for reasonable doubt. It’s just been destroyed. He admits he lied multiple times.

He left the property where Maggie and Paul were found murdered at 9:07pm according to Onstar in his suburban. Drives 16 minutes to his mom’s. Stays approximately 21 minutes. Drives back to the property which takes 16 minutes. Calls 911 exactly 17 seconds at arriving at the kennels but tells 911 he ran to their bodies and checked their pulses and then called 911…in 17 seconds. I’d focus on his day and night of the murders. The jurors and everyone already knows he stole tons of money and faked his roadside shooting because he admitted it to LE and he’s admitted just now to lying about going to the kennels. For reference the kernels are about 283 steps/ or close to 1/3 mile from the hunting lodge house. 

7 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I'm just playing devil's advocate.  I can see getting out of a vehicle, running to the bodies, quickly checking pulses while I've already got my phone out and calling 911 in 17 seconds

Oh sure but it’s pretty impossible to do what he says he did and get no visible blood on them. Paul’s brains were outside his body at his ankles and Maggie was shot four times. I can see observing their prone positions from far away and knowing they are likely dead. Also ONstar and phone data suggest strongly that Alex threw Maggie’s cell phone out along the road on the route he took to his mother’s house that night. There is a lot more it’s just by taking the stand he’s now going to have to answer for all of it. Why tell cops on the scene immediately about the boat crash involving your son and death threats and then in the same breath say you last saw Maggie and Paul 45 minutes before you left to see your mom and you’d been gone an hour and 1/2? It’s just nuts. The state can prove that he was gone 16+21+16 minutes after leaving and returning to find them dead. So 53 minutes. Not even an hour. I hope cross destroys him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Has the state alleged a motive?

Financial crimes Alex has since admitted that he stole from his former law firm and clients who were also friends. the firm confronted him about this on the day of the killings. On June 10th (a date in court set up before the killings) he was likely going to have to produce financial documents related to his son Paul’s boating crash where his 19 year old friend Mallory Beach was killed. The Beach family’s civil attorney wanted all his financials because Alex said he was broke and could barely cobble together a million for the civil suit. Kill Paul and the lawsuit basically went away. No further digging and he buys time to pay back his law firm. The firm however was actively getting disbursement sheets and Alex knew this and they weren’t just going to back down. They fired him/he was forced to resign the day before he and Curtis Eddie Smith faked a roadside shooting where Alex was shot/grazed in the head. His problem solving skills suck ass man. The walls come crashing down on this guy and he panics and does ridiculous shit and he also was abusing drugs just not to the extent of $50,000 a week for several years. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

His comment on the stand about being confronted by his law firm about the $792,000 he admits he stole from them the day of the killings:

I bet if Buster got sued civilly for that murder and Alex was named as a defendant he’d kill Buster too. Most defense attorneys will tell you the worst client to have is an admitted addict (especially on the level Alex insists he is) because the jury will then believe you’re capable of doing anything. He’s already admitted to multiple financial crimes and lying to the police repeatedly but somehow murder is a stretch? 

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

Watched the Netflix about this family last night. Holy fucksticks they are crazy.

Dead gay kid, dead maid, dead teenage girl, dead wife, dead son. 

Same. The most fucked up part was Anthony still being friends with Paul after his girlfriend was killed in DWI accident. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Orange&White said:

Watched the Netflix about this family last night. Holy fucksticks they are crazy.

Dead gay kid, dead maid, dead teenage girl, dead wife, dead son. 

Yes it is. I totally believe that Alex took a financial beating investing in real estate back in 2008/2009. So he was stealing and bleeding money for a while. He took a million dollar line of credit from his dad while his dad was literally on his death bed. Smith was murdered in 2015 (many thought he was killed by Paul and a group of Paul’s friends bc of a relationship he had with Buster.) house keeper who’d known the family for 20 years falls down stairs in Alex’s presence and lingers in a coma for two weeks and Maggie saw her one time and Alex not at all in 2018. A year later Mallory Beach is killed in a boating crash believed to be caused by a drunk Paul. All the while Alex collects money from suing himself on behalf of house keepers family and pockets $4 million. But it was the boating crash and a podcaster Mandy Matney that I keep quoting that unraveled all this. Alex is and was world class pissed the cops didn’t blame the homicides on Mallory Beach’s family. He wanted them as suspects and the cops said “Nah.” Largely because holy shit he’s lied way too many times. 

• Hook 'Em 1